Chapter Two

You Are Beautiful To Me

ChapterTwo

S W E E T E R  T H A N  Y O U

“I’ve got only two words to say to you: GET OUT!” Mina’s voice rang around the room, bouncing off the walls and painfully into the ears of her victim.

“Please Mina unnie. Just give me another chance.” Sulli begged on her knees for some kindness to pass through Mina’s heart. But she had no such luck.

“I’ve already given you more chances than you deserve you . Pick up your bag and for Christ’s sake, pull your effing shirt down, this isn’t a stripping joint okay? We’ve got some pretty high standards if you want to be in my group.”

“I can change.” Sulli whimpered.

“Well you should’ve thought of that earlier,” Mina crouched down to the younger girl’s level and whispered menacingly, “now get out of my sight before I unleash my  full power on you.”

The girl quickly scurried to her feet, picked up her bag and left the room in one swift movement.

Oh gosh! Being superior is so much fun!Mina dusted her hands off and straightened her own skirt, knowing that she had a reputation to uphold. No ty dressers would ever have made it in her circle. Mina was fashionable, but not an attention seeking who showed off more skin that a new born baby.

As she walked out of the room, she could hear the not-so-silent cries of the girl she had just humiliated coming from the girl’s bathroom. Deciding that Sulli had taken the brute of her punishment already, Mina left her alone and continued on down the hall like nothing had happened until she spotted someone else.

“Joshie, baby!” She skipped across to her boyfriend and straight into his arms. “Baby I’ve missed you so much. Did you miss me too?”

“Minyoung-,” Mina glared at Josh, “I mean Mina, it’s only been 5 minutes. Lunch isn’t even over yet and technically you were the one who left to god knows where while I was still in the lunchroom.”

Mina knew she had made the mistake, but she would never admit it. So she changed her strategy. “Oooh baby I’m so sorry. Forgive me?” She looked up into his gooey chocolate eyes with her own mysterious, dark eyes and showed him her aegyeo.

Inside, Josh couldn’t stand Mina. He didn’t know why he even got together with her in the first place. But he knew what she was capable of if he didn’t say sorry right now.

“No baby,” he soothed. “I should be sorry, I shouldn’t have snapped at you.” He leaned down to give her a quick peek on the cheek, knowing that that would’ve softened her up. “All better now?” he asked.

Mina still held onto Josh with her arms but she wasn’t satisfied yet. She pushed her lips onto his; forcing his lips open with her tongue. After a few seconds she pulled away and smirked, “It is now.”

Then they both walked off, with her hand in his back jean pocket and his around her waist.

Josh was never one to complain, but these days it just seemed as if his relationship with Mina was forced. He gritted his teeth and made a show of liking Mina so he could keep his status as a Kingka. Even without her, he knew he would still be considered one, but he just couldn’t face her wrath.

The bell rang 5 minutes later, signalling the start of classes. Mina and Josh pulled apart.

“Baby, I’ll miss you.” Mina stood on her tip-toes and placed a delicate kiss on to his lips.

As disgusted as he was with her, Josh smiled through his teeth and planted one on her forehead, then wrapped his arms around her. “I’ll miss you more.” He whispered.

Pleased with herself, Mina skipped off to maths and left Josh pondering why he even let the relationship linger for this long. As he was walking to class though, he passed the girls bathroom and heard whimpers coming from within.

Being the gentleman he was, he couldn’t just leave a girl crying so he walked up to the door that had a fading female picture painted onto it and knocked three times.

“Hello? Who’s in there?”

Sulli looked up at the sound of a deep male voice coming from outside the bathroom door.

“Are you crying?” The voice continued.

Sulli wiped away her tears with the sleeve of her pullover which she quickly threw on after being told off by Mina. What right does she have to make me feel so intimidated? We’re all equal here. If the teachers don’t even say anything to me about the way I dress, why should I even care what she thinks?

Gaining more confidence with each thought, Sulli pulled herself upright and looked into the mirror and into a face smeared with running mascara. She quickly pulled a wet-wipe from her bag and fixed herself up. Her once heavy makeup was removed and there was no time to apply a new layer, so she just pulled her hair out of its bun and let her naturally wavy brown hair cascade down her shoulders and forced a smiled at her reflection in the mirror. She still had to look presentable, especially when there was a potentially handsome devil that was waiting for her outside the door.

Imagining the gorgeous face of the guy who had been so kind to wait for her and be concerned about her, sent her heart into a beating frenzy. She patted down her dress and gave herself one last look into the mirror, remembering her mantra; Iam beautiful in my own way. No one can tell me what to do. I am my own woman.

Sulli pushed open the door just as Josh was about to open it, wondering why the girl was taking so long to come out. He thought that maybe she had hurt herself and she was now lying unconscious on the floor, or she had passed out and needed his help.

But all concerns washed away as he set eyes on the girl who walked out of the bathroom. She was looking down, her wavy brown hair covering her face. Then she looked up and Josh’s heart began to throb. She was beautiful.

Her features were soft and her skin looked as clear and smooth as a baby’s bottom. She had no makeup on but that only made her more beautiful. Unlike Mina, whose eyes were constantly layered with dark and heavy liners, making her look evil and powerful, this girl’s eyes were big and bright, portraying a kind and fun soul.

Josh noticed a light pink starting to creep up across the girl’s cheek, then realised she was blushing because he was staring at her. He quickly cleared his throat then introduced himself. “I’m Josh,” he offered his hand to her and she slowly brought hers up to his, and shook it.

“I’m Sulli.” Her voice was like a twinkling of bells on a crisp winter’s morning. It was music to Josh’s ears and he could listen to it forever, instead of Mina’s controlling voice which only made his ears bleed.

He cleared his voice and remembered why he came to the door in the first place, and then said, “Uhh, there wasn’t a girl crying in there was there?”

Sulli couldn’t bring it upon herself to tell him that it was her that was crying, or let him know that it was his girlfriend who made her tears fall. It seemed like he was genuinely concerned, and also didn’t know who she was, which made things complicated.

“Uh no. There wasn’t.” Sulli lied.

And to think I was imagining myself being with this saviour of mine when he’s already Mina’s. She’s going to kill me if she…Sulli let her thoughts trail off then realised, what does it matter if Josh was Mina’s? There’s nothing she can do about it if he likes me too. I’m going to show her that she can’t have everything. A smile slowly crept to Sulli’s lips. Josh then asked her if she wanted to walk to class with him. Turns out they were in the same class.

Sulli accepted his offer and they walked side-by-side down the corridor. Revenge is truly sweeter than you ever were Park MinYOUNG!


☆» end chapter 2. Yay i updated prety fast aye? ahaha well hope you like it so far... its getting intense now >:D mwuhahah!