Chapter One

You Are Beautiful To Me

ChapterOne

Q U E E N K A /  K I N G K A

“Park Minyoung!” a high pitched voice screamed out across the hallway. The girl who called out began running to catch up to Minyoung, her Hermes scarf flapping in the wind behind her.

“Ah Minyoung, I --” but she was cut off mid-sentence.

“I told you never to call me Minyoung, its Mina now.” Mina’s cool, authoritive voice quickly quietened the other girl’s mouth. Mina pursed her perfectly plump lips and placed one of her freshly manicured hands on her hip. “Now, what do you want from me Tina?”

Tina recomposed herself by straightening her dress and clearing her voice. “It’s Sulli. She wants to sit with us again. And I told her that you have very high standards, and she’s not gonna make it if she continues to dress so awfully.”

Mina snickered. “It’s so funny to see people try so hard but fail.” She flicked her long black hair back and her heel towards the lunchroom. She didn’t give a second glance to Tina, who she knew would follow the click-clack of her stiletto heels to the ends of the earth, regardless of whether Mina had given her acknowledgement to so or not.

Life was so sweet. Mina had the world in her palm, and the school on her fingertips. If she wanted something, she always got it. Everyone wanted to be her and to be friends with her. Although she was quite petite, her self-confidence and determination was enough to mask her lack of height and size. But she made sure to always emphasise her good features.

Her defined face was always flawless, with never a blemish to be found. Eyes enhanced with mascara and eyeliner, and lips outlined to perfection with lipstick. Her physical features were never hidden beneath baggy clothes or knockoff brands, instead Mina wore all the new fashions straight from the source, having a cousin working in the fashion industry definitely had its perks.

Mina knew who she was and she wasn’t afraid to show it to the rest of the world.

After five minutes of walking, or in Mina’s case, strutting, she reached the lunchroom. She pushed open the doors with a loud bang, alerting everyone to her presence. It seemed as if the whole room had paused to stop and gawk at the goddess before them. Mina soaked in all the attention as if it were her life source. The longing gazes of her fellow peers were enough to get her out of bed every morning.

“Okay everyone. I know I’m irresistible, but it’s time for you to go back to your mundane lives now.” Mina ily announced to the whole cafeteria.

The chatter didn’t commence until after Mina had made her way to her table and sat down. Her table was reserved for only her and her fellow Queenkas. It was known as the VIP table of Angsang High School.

Mina sat in the centre chair, with her amazing sports all-rounder boyfriend, Josh on her right, and her best friend, Tina on the left. The rest of the seats were occupied by her minions who were too busy making sure Mina was always happy to have their own life. But Mina didn’t mind. She had worked hard to get to the top and there was nothing that was going to stop her from keeping her title as the Queen Queenka of Angsang.

---

“Miiiiiiinhooooooo!” The four teenage boys all cried out in an attempt to snap their friend out of his daze.

“Yoo-hoo! Anyone in there?” Jonghyun, the playboy in the group frantically waved his hand in front of Minho’s face.

Minho finally coming back to reality, caught Jjong’s hand and stopped it from moving. “There’s more in here,” he pointed to his head with his free hand, “than there will ever be in yours.” He released Jjong’s hand then laughed. The rest of the boys joining in.

Jjong received his hand back gratefully and rubbed it from the pain Minho’s grip had caused him. “Haha, very funny Min.” Jjong joked.

“Eh, so what were you daydreaming about Min hyung?” the maknae of the group, Taemin piped up, clearly interested in what his hyung was thinking about.

Minho turned his head to look at the cute maknae and could see the innocence in his eyes. If only it were so easy for me. He finally answered with, “nothing of importance my dear Taeminnie.”

“Ha. I’m sure it’s more than nothing Min.” Key, the diva and most feminine out of the guys, said sarcastically, emphasising the ‘sure’. “Actually, I’m so sure that I’m willing to bet my hairdryer that you’re lying to us. And you know the consequences of lying to your hyungs and Taemin.” Satisfied that he had caught Minho in his trap, Key leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

But leader Onew knew that Minho wasn’t ready to share anything with them and decided to step in. “Come on guys, don’t try and make Minho say something he doesn’t want to. Just give him some space.” The others grumbled but understood what Onew was saying. Minho was the most sensitive and reserved out of them and they respected that.

Minho looked up at Onew and smiled gratefully, thankful that he had stood in when he had because he understood what Minho was going through. Onew simply nodded in reply.

The flurry of activity between the boys was rekindled. Key and Jjong arguing over who had better fashion sense, Taemin stuck between them and Onew focused on eating his chicken.

Instead of joining in, Minho turned to look out the window and at the only fluffy cloud in an otherwise clear blue sky. Somehow he felt as if he were that cloud, floating above from everyone else, disconnected from the rest of the world. In his heart, he felt like he was only half a person; half full, half empty, as if a part of him were missing, just waiting for the other half to be found.


  ☆» chapter one done! sorry it took so long to update and that its so short :c but have no fear, it will be getting good soon c: yeah and please check out my poster shop here ! you won't regret it ^.~