Epilogue

Flower Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"It doesn't matter what will happen in between this journey. My goal is to make you end up with me."

 

 

"I am sorry Miss Lee, but Soldier Kwon doesn't accept visitors right now." the OIC told me after connecting with the local phone number of the division where Jiyong Oppa belongs.

"Is...that so?" my heart sank. It's been two months but he still doesn't want to talk to me. "I'll just go back then."

He apologetically smiles at me, "Sure Miss Lee."

"Thank you Officer." I bow to him and was about to proceed to the exit when a familiar voice calls out to me.

"Noona?"

I look back and find OhYoung at the main entrance. "O-OhYoung?"

He bows at me. "Looking for Hyung? Do you want me to call him for you?" he walks towards me.

"No need. I guess he's too busy right now."

"Busy? But..."

"Soldier Kim. Your commander is waiting for you. Go in!" the officer suddenly butted in. Right there and then, I know that Jiyong Oppa was just avoiding me. He doesn't want to see me so he made sure to tell the admins not to let me in. I know it's my fault but my heart is writhing in pain. Moreover, my pride is badly crushed.

OhYoung scratches his head and pout at the officer, probably feeling embarrassed towards me. "But..."

"Now!" the officer reiterated so he has no choice but to salute, bows at me and was about to go when I found my tongue to speak.

"Wait~!"

He looks at me and grins, "Yes Noona?"

I fish out a pen and a piece of paper from my bag, write a brief message for him, fold it and hand it to the young soldier. "Give that to him. Thank you OhYoung."

He smiles at me and waves his hand. "Take care Noona!"

I wave back and with a heavy heart, I leave the camp. If Jiyong Oppa won't do anything about the message he's about to receive, then I guess it's really time to move on...

 

A week.

Two weeks.

It's been a month.

Yet, there's no reaction coming from him.

Did I expect too much? Did I overthink again? I shake my head and look outside the window, recalling the message I sent him.

 

Oppa, I just got engaged...I am moving to US permanently next month. Hope I can see you before I go.

 

Judging his lack of reactions, I guess he just really doesn't care. "Come on Chae. It's not like he will stop your plan. He's not like that, remember?"

A lone tear fell from my eyes. I guess the chapter of him in my life needs to end now. I grab my phone and made an international call.

"Hello?" a male voice speaks on the other line.

"I'm accepting it." I try to make my voice sounds steady.

"Really? Oh Dear, thank you!" he obviously sounds overjoyed.

"See you soon." was all I said before I immediately cut the call.

Now my happiness officially ends here too.

 

 

A day before my flight to LA, I've decided to visit the studio where most of my memories with Jiyong Oppa happened. For the last time, I will let myself think of him because after this, I have to officially erase him out of my system. Unfortunately, before I can even go to his studio, a distress Seungri welcomes me.

"Ri?" my brows crease as I observe the dark circles under his eyes.

"Chae! Long time no see?" he smiles at me, looking quiet relieved. "If you're planning to talk to YG Hyung, now is not the right time. He's so mad!"

"Why?"

He looks around before coming close to me, "Don't tell anyone yet...but Jiyong Hyung escaped from the base." he whispers.

"He what?!" I burst out without even thinking, resulting him covering my mouth with his hand.

"Too loud Rin."

"What the hell is he thinking?!" I can't help but panic.

"Exactly my thoughts." he nods. "Maybe he misses his girl so bad? I don't know which of them though..." he chuckles. "Anyway, I have to go. Don't go near YG if you wanted to live longer."

I just look at his retreating figure but my mind is still in trance...

"Where is Jiyong Oppa?"

 

 

I put down the phone, feeling even more stressed. After finding out what happened to Jiyong Oppa from Seungri, I called Dami Unnie to ask any updates but turns out, the Kwons also just found out about it today. "Why so reckless Oppa?" I shake my head.

"Don't think about it too much, maybe he just wanted to unwind." Teddy Oppa smiles at me, though I know he's really worried deep inside.

"How can I live when he's being like that? He's too childish!"

"Rin, out of all people here, I think you're the only person who can give answer to that. You and him are too close for words."

"Oppa, the last time he talked to me was months ago. I don't know anymore what's running on his mind!"

"Maybe he's too lonely? Come on, he's like that whenever his stress level is high."

"People around him also have their own lives! Why does he always make me feel worried? How can I proceed with my own life when he's pulling me again and again?!" I burst out in front of Teddy Oppa before I know it.

"Rin..."

"I want to be happy too. I can't just look after him all the time!"

He looks at me like he doesn't know what to do. This is the first time that I am transparent with my feelings. "Take it easy."

I shake my head. "I am tired...why can't he take care of himself for once?"

"He does, Rin. Believe me."

"I'll go ahead..."

"Have a safe flight. Sorry you have to leave like this." he apologetically smiles.

"It's for the best Oppa."

He looks like he's about to say something but choose to shut up. Instead, he nods. "Okay, see you again dongsaeng."

"Same here, Oppa."

 

 

I lazily drag myself in my apartment. The productive day I was planning turned into waste due to Jiyong's disappearance. Recalling Seungri's w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter