MISSION 6 - GAME OVER

The Gamers Society

‘Chanyeol?’

 

‘Sehunie?’

 

‘What are you doing here?’ the older man asks, eyes suddenly shifting towards Jongdae and the realization hits him ‘is this?’ Sehun suddenly signals Chanyeol to shut up by quite obviously making his eyes bigger and rapidly shaking his head side to side. ‘What’s going on?’ Baekhyun and Jongdae are left so confused with the situation before them. Sehunie? How does Chanyeol know Sehun and how does Sehun know Chanyeol?

‘Sehun is my younger brother’ Chanyeol speaks first looking towards Baekhyun. ‘WHAT THE? SINCE WHEN?’ Jongdae shouts at the two apparent siblings. ‘Since always! Can’t you see how alike we look, although mom always says I’m the better looking son’ Sehun teases while sticking his tongue out at his older Brother, only to see a pair of rolling eyes from Chanyeol in return. ‘This is a really small world’ Baekhyun mutters under his breath. How is this even possible? And how have they gone this long without knowing Sehun and Chanyeol are related. ‘Wow, never in a million years would I have thought the boss was you’ Sehun seems really amused by this ‘I’m so happy! We can do so many things together, like go for BBQ or Chicken or Karaoke’ Sehun looks at the trio cheery as they still stand stunned. ‘How the hell did you not tell me Chanyeol was your brother’ Jongdae deeply annoyed ‘this would of saved us all this trouble, we could of totally plotted to get these two together undercover, it would have been so much more fun than hearing about them on the side lines’ Jongdae whines. ‘Hey Dae! My love life is not to be treated like some game!’ Baekhyun finally breaks his silence after taking in the situation. He’s kind of happy that Sehun and Chanyeol are related, he feels closer to him knowing that he is already friends with his brother (aka Future bro-in-law).

TWO WEEKS LATER

 

‘Yixing! I need your help, please please please I’m having a crisis I don’t know what to do’ a panicked and out of breath Baekhyun barges into Yixings office. ‘What’s wrong Baekhyun? You don’t look good at all?’ ‘You and Suho are dating for a while right? I need gift ideas for Chanyeol as soon as possible! I’m running out of time’ Baekhyun squeals ‘but his birthday isn’t for another five days, why do you look like you have anxiety, you still have the weekend’ Yixing tries to calm Baekhyun down.

‘BIRTHDAY? I meant for our one month anniversity that’s in two days! OH MY GOD, how do I not know my own boyfriends birthday. What is wrong with me Yixing’ Baekhyun almost starts to break down sobbing. ‘It’s okay Baekhyun, Chanyeol hardly ever mentions it, we always have to end up throwing him a party he doesn’t know about, Kyungsoo is planning it right now’ ‘Please help me, you know Chanyeol longer than me, I want it to be special, I need help’ Baekhyun is already half way into his meltdown. ‘Relax Baekhyun, I’m sure whatever you get him he’ll love, Chanyeol is really sentimental though? If that helps’ ‘His birthday is on the 27th of November’ ‘What? That’s next week, I have to plan, Thank you so much, you’re my favourite co-worker!’ and off Baekhyun goes running back down to the first floor.

Chanyeol’s birthday fell on a weekday but the staff party which would include his friends and family would take place on the following Saturday, allowing Baekhyun to have his boyfriend all to himself on his actual birthday.

Baekhyun was so busy planning to try and make his surprise the best it could be, he wanted to give Chanyeol the birthday he deserved and wanted to show him how much he meant to him. Baekhyun brainstorms all through the day, forgetting all the work he has on his desk, which can wait this is clearly more important. He thinks about how close he and Chanyeol have grown, as if he knew him all his life. He was definitely going to come up with the most memorable day and night!

Three days before Chanyeol’s birthday was their one month/30 days anniversary. Chanyeol had bought him thirty red roses and the most beautiful white gold couple rings for the both of them. Later that day he took them out to a roof top restaurant to have a three-course dinner beneath the stars. Chanyeol was always spoiling him. As for Baekhyun, he got Chanyeol a set of Zootopia character dolls as Chanyeol made the both of them sit through that movie over 50 times. He also got them matching hoodies, with a heart symbol stitched on his and pulse on Chanyeols. It was barely noticeable but they knew it was there and that’s all that mattered.

Chanyeol’s birthday was fast approaching and Baekhyun has never put in this much effort into anything, he even skipped out on work to prepare.

27th November

12:00am

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to my Chanyeolie, Happy birthday to you ##

From Baek 🖤

My place? At 4PM! Don’t be late my birthday boy!

From Channie 🖤

I’ll be there baby.

 

Chanyeol arrives at Baekhyun’s apartment and is greeted by a massive hug and kiss at the door before getting blind folded. ‘Oh Baek, a blindfold? You should have told me you were into these things earlier’ Chanyeol reaches out behind him to grab the man that’s temporarily stolen his vision only to get his hands smacked away playfully. ‘This isn’t the surprise Chanyeol!’ Baekhyun laughs as he guides his boyfriend into his apartment. Once in the ideal location, Baekhyun removes the blindfold from Chanyeol’s eyes and he cannot believe the sight before him. It truly takes his breath away. His eyes start to slowly form tiny water droplets yet not enough to escape down his cheeks. Chanyeol has always been sensitive especially when it comes to the people he cares about, and he cared so, so much for Baekhyun.

In front of Chanyeol was a fully lit apartment with candles shinning their auburn all throughout the house making Baekhyun’s wooden floors glow with a tinge of orange, leading towards a dinner table displaying all his favourite foods and a cake with pictures of his guitar, controller and bowling pins drawn on them, it was all so surreal. Chanyeol was really so overwhelmed all he could do was turn to Baekhyun with moisten eyes and hug him as tight as he could muster whispering a low ‘Thank you’ in his ear.

The couple both ate all the food Baekhyun prepared and spoke while holding hands the entire time. ‘I can’t believe you did all this Baek, I loved it’ ‘There’s still one more thing Chan’ Baekhyun wakes up from his seat across the older and makes his way to a large object in the corner of the dimly lit lounge covered in a white sheet. ‘One more gift, okay sweetheart?’ Baekhyuns voice seems so sweet and soft to Chanyeol, yet he can’t help but feel anxious, he doesn’t know what’s under the sheet and he hopes it isn’t a huge gift he couldn’t possibly accept.

Once the sheet drops to the floor, Chanyeol’s entire expression changes, he doesn’t want to get emotional but how could he not. He holds it in, and continues to watch his boyfriend as he runs his hands along the piano keys. Yes, it was a piano and Baekhyun was sitting right in front of it ready to play. This would be the first time Chanyeol would ever hear Baekhyun play, he was turned down countless times before but here Baekhyun was ready to play it for him.

‘The song is called Beautiful, I hope you like it’ Baekhyun closes his eyes for a few seconds before his beautiful fingers start to play the instrument.

‘In a hazy dream

You were shining, dazzling

 

With a fluttering heart, without knowing

I went to you, step by step

And there I stayed, by your side

 

My heart melts at your smile

When our eyes meet

My heart always pounds

I think about your smile all day

The words I want to say to you is

You’re beautiful’

 

In that moment, when Baekhyun sang his heart out for Chanyeol, he received every drop of his love and knew he would want to be with him forever.

 

The next morning, Baekhyun wakes up after having the best sleep of his life. Chanyeol was still sleeping beside him, shirtless, hair a complete mess and nuzzled up breathing on Baekhyun’s neck. ‘How did I get so lucky?’ Baekhyun whispers to himself. His attention suddenly falls to his blinking phone

Jongdae – 12 missed calls

Oh wow, how did they sleep through that, he picks up his phone to call his best friend back. He tries getting out of bed but can’t seem to leave Chanyeol’s side and also he’s too sore from the night before. When he tries to adjust his position to make the call, Chanyeol’s head gets accidently elbowed and up and awake his tired boyfriend is. ‘uh sorry I didn’t mean to wake you so early’ he whispers to Chanyeol whose eyes are still half closed ‘hmm? That’s okay I’ll go make breakfast’ Chanyeols voice is really coarse in the morning ‘no no it’s still early go back to bed I was just going to call Jongdae’ ‘Oh, going to tell him how good I was in..ow!’ now that earned him the elbow to the head. ‘I’m sorry Mr Byun’ Chanyeol reaches over to his phone and sees missed calls from Sehun too ‘you think they’re together?’ Chanyeol asked a bit concerned ‘Maybe Sehun stayed over’ Chanyeols eyes started to widen, ‘what why?’ he asked now more awake than before. ‘Why not? Is there something wrong Channie?’ Baekhyun asks now curious after Chanyeol’s sudden surge of energy. ‘huh? Oh no nothing, I’ll go make you breakfast’ ‘PARK CHANYEOL, you better tell me what’s going on’ Baekhyun now demands and of course Chanyeol being the obedient puppy he is tells all.

‘Sehun kind of has a crush on Jongdae, that’s all’ Chanyeol admits sheepishly like he is betraying his brother ‘That’s why when you mentioned him I thought his name was familiar, but at that time I couldn’t think straight because I was clouded by ALL that jealousy of this other man in your life’ Chanyeol begins to pinch Baekhyuns cheeks. ‘Since when did Sehun start liking Dae in that way?’ Baekhyun looks a bit troubled ‘He actually got the job in the café just to meet him. It’s kind of cute I guess. ‘But Chan, Jongdae isn’t?’ ‘Yeah he knows Baek, but sometimes you can’t help who you fall for’ ‘You’re right’. ‘I’m going to call him okay?’ Chanyeol leaves to go and make them coffee while Baekhyun calls Jongdae.

 

‘SO HOW WAS IT??? I couldn’t put it down this is like the ing lost treasure of…ah I don’t know pirate history BUT HOLY damn your boyfriend is a genius’

‘What are you screaming about Dae?’

‘EY!! Did you hit your head too hard on the headboard last night I’m talking about MONSTER TRIAL!!! ANYWAY tell me later about lover boy, Sehun and I gonna finish this stage up! Give your man a HUGE kiss from me this game is the best thing yet.’

Baekhyun immediately holds up his phone to look at the date, 28th November. Yesterday was the Monster Trials release date, on Chanyeol’s birthday, the game that he started this entire rollercoaster ride for and here he was sitting in bed watching the creator of the game slip back underneath the covers with him. He didn’t even remember the date he chuckles to himself as he thinks, he has finally found something, or rather someone he loves more than gaming.

‘So what did your best friend think of your handsome boyfriend?’ ‘Said you’re too tall’ ‘WHAT? But like handsome y tall?’ ‘No, more like light pole tall, also your ears make you look like Yoda’ ‘WHAT?’ Chanyeol pouts and Baekhyun starts laughting ‘I think it’s cute though, I love everything about you don’t worry.’ ‘LOVE?’ ‘Yes, love’

‘I love everything about you too Baek 🖤'

 

END

 

*The song Baekhyun sang was the English lyrics for the ost Beautiful by Baekhyun from the drama EXO NEXT DOOR*