MISSION 3 – ESPIONAGE

The Gamers Society

MISSION 3 – ESPIONAGE

 

‘Would you like a corn dog?’ Chanyeol’s words stripping Baekhyun away from his daydream, his boss looked good, normal but good, so this was his casual clothes, black jeans just tight enough for Baekhyun to start having PG 16 thoughts about him and an oversized Black hoodie, his hair was down and messy and he had a purple baseball cap on which made his ears look even bigger. ‘Yeah sure, can I get some mustard on it too’ ‘Coming right up’ how was this a double date? Yixing and his boyfriend Suho (Yes, the same Suho from the intern applicants can you believe?) totally left Baekhyun to go on the big wheel and here he was with Chanyeol ALONE.

‘Earth to Baekhyun’ Chanyeol tries to snap him out of another daydream ‘Sorry I’m here, want to go on a ride?’ Baekhyun had to distract himself with something maybe going on one of the countless rides here would be a good idea they did look really fun. ‘I just ate a burger though’ Chanyeol looks so worried, so cute. ‘Let’s pick something slow?’ and there they were standing in line waiting to go on the mini boat ride that everyone knows since middle school is reserved for couples. The ride starts off slow, there’s carnival music playing in the back, Chanyeol’s knees pressed straight into the wood in front of him, he really is a giant ‘Are you okay, you look so uncomfortable’ ‘I haven’t been on these things since forever I forgot how small they are’ ‘You’re just big’ Baekhyun laughs before realizing that sounded like quite the innuendo and by the pinkness starting to form on Chanyeol’s ears he must of got it too.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol got to talking about when they were younger, what made them first get into gaming ‘It was a crush that turned into love’ Chanyeol is so strange when he speaks sometimes but Baekhyun completely understood, it was the same for him, casually playing before he realized he wanted to know what went into developing games, the effort and thought behind it, he loved every aspect of it, it wasn’t just a pass time anymore. Baekhyun wanted to dig a bit deeper into Chanyeol personal life though ‘So do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend?’ Chanyeol turns his head to the side to look at Baekhyun with a slight smile starting to form on his lips ‘Oh we moved on to this topic now’ ‘Not for a long time actually’ Chanyeol confessed ‘Why not? You are tall, handsome, rich and successful’ Baekhyun made his own confession. ‘Haha I guess I am those things, oh and don’t forget y’ there it was, cocky Chanyeol ‘I’ve had my fair share of fun back in college but I simply don’t have time for a relationship now, how do you think I got so rich and successful to match my good looks’ His dorky smile was at full force, ‘and you?’ ‘Hmm I’m seeing a few people’ Baekhyun replies, with a blatant lie of course, he just wanted to see Chanyeols reaction ‘Ah I guess you are young after all’ the smile had faded into a much softer one, one that Baekhyun couldn’t read as disappointment at the time.

They went on to other faster rides, Baekhyun had to hold on to his beanstalk Chanyeol so he wouldn’t get flung off screaming ‘we are going to die’ the entire time. They even tried the claw machine which Baekhyun insisted it was impossible to win only to be proven wrong by Chanyeol who nearly cleared out the machine before he was asked to leave, handing out all the stuffed animals to all the kids he had met during their stroll through the street food stalls handing his last one (a little grey elephant) to his date. ‘It looks just like you!’ ‘HEY! Give it back then’ ‘No, no, no I’m already attached to Yeol’ Chanyeol blushed at the elephants name being so close to his own. Half way through the night they joined back up with Yixing and Suho, they seemed so in love, with their holding hands, forehead kisses and selfies Baekhyun couldn’t help but internally fanboy.

They decided on doing two things to end the night, getting multi flavoured candy floss, which was to die for and bowling, which Chanyeol seemed to insist on and by the end of the night they all knew why. He was winning by a landslide, strike after strike, what cant he do tbh? And he didn’t even give anyone a chance to catch up, not like Baekhyun was complaining seeing that he was on Chanyeol’s team. ‘AND THE WINNER IS…’ ‘Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun’ yes, he forced them to say it, if there was a page and pen I’m sure he would of made them write it down and sign it for him. Although Baekhyun had to admit it was kind of attractive how competitive Chanyeol could get.

‘I was just kidding by the way’ ‘kidding?’ ‘About seeing someone, I’m not. I’m too busy working my out at this new company you see, no time for any of that’ Baekhyun chuckles ‘goodnight boss’ Baekhyun smiles and waves to his date for the night, ‘See you tomorrow, Baekhyun’ Chanyeol utters before driving away with a similar smile on his face.

It was a really good night.

From Jongdae!!

So? How was the date? Was there kissing? Did you use tongue?

From Baekhyunee

You have no filter! None of that happened…unfortunately, he just came out because Yixing planned this, anyway I got to go goodnight!

From Jongdae!!

Do you like him? ;P

From Baekhyunee

WHAT?? Where did that come from???

From Jongdae!!

I knew it! Goodnight! ;)  

From Baekhyunee

Knew what?? :O

What?

I don’t

SHUT UP

Baekhyun gets a knock on his small office door the next day. ‘Wow. What brings the boss to the first floor?’ ‘You forgot Yeol in my car last night, I just wanted to return him that’s all’ Chanyeol seemed to speak defensively, which was adorable to Baekhyun. ‘Hmm so why do you have two coffee cups? ‘Well Baekhyun it is my break and I had to drag myself down two flights of stairs just to bring this to you because the elevator isn’t working so to save time and effort here I am spending my coffee break and I wouldn’t want you getting moody just watching me drink a hot cup of heaven so here you go’ handing him the cup of hot coffee, it did smell good and what’s with that elaborate explanation. ‘ah thanks but I’m really busy right now’ ‘busy with what?’ ‘hmm the boss doesn’t know what his employees are working on’ ‘the new VR game you guys are launching next month, Last Hunter’ ‘Oh, that’s Xiumins and Lu’s project, got it, okay have fun’ and off Chanyeol was.

Chanyeol was a strange boss, it was his company and he was the boss yet he let his programmers design almost any game they were passionate about, of course all the games that were created by the company were gold regardless, it was really the best place to intern and Baekhyun really saw himself wanting to work here permanently in the future.

‘Baekhyun would you stop gossiping to our little Jimin and come help me’ Kyungsoo yells, ‘Yes, Mr manager what can I do for you, I already handed Taemin my latest designs for the possible cover art for Sherlock but he turned me down’ Baekhyun growled looking at Taemin’s office across from his, he has started getting close to his first floor buddies. ‘Why would Taemin, who has magic hands, consider your artwork Byun but never mind, come and help me! Something big is happening this week’ Kyungsoo goes on slightly annoyed about this extra work he seems to have now. ‘We are going to be hosting a party, and of course I got left with organizing it because Mr Park is useless at these things’ Baekhyun smiled at the thought of clumsy giant Chanyeol trying to plan a party. ‘What’s the occasion? The Boss’s birthday?’ Baekhyun questions. ‘No Byun, that’s in November, the poll results got released and we were number one by a significantly high number so can you please get off your and help me with these boxes’.

Lucky one has been voted as the number 1 game from an online gaming poll, with amazing reviews from gamers weekly and the holy trio of online gamers HOWLER, CYBERZEEK and the oh so famous KHYUN (completely unbiased). To celebrate this achievement Chanyeol has decided to throw a mini party for all his employees which Kyungsoo is left to plan, because he’s surprisingly good at these things.

Wow’ Baekhyun doesn’t even realize the word had left his mouth when he sees Chanyeol walk into the party ‘well wow to you too Baekhyun’ Chanyeol giggles with a slight smirk as he leaves towards the bar. Baekhyun’s face immediately goes red and hot and he wishes the floor would follow him up. HOW THE HELL COULD I SAY THAT, WHAT AM I SOME TEENAGER?

 It was true Chanyeol did look irresistibly ‘wow’ but Baekhyun had no intention of letting his boss know that, how can he dress like that? Does he think he’s some rapper in a band or something, slightly messy and curled hair, a tight as hell black vest, that huge purple jacket and ripped black jeans was he at some night club or a work function? Baekhyun almost gets angry at the audacity of Park Chanyeol, not like he wasn’t impressing anyone either with his low cut shirt and too tight skinnys showing off his scandalous collar bones and the shape of his thighs.

Baekhyun meets up with his senior gamers Kai and Xiumin, they designed amazing games, that Baekhyun gets the privilege of assisting and playing the demos. Is everyone at PSG so talented? They speak a lot and all the booze Baekhyun is intentionally giving them lets them slip up about a major plot twist in Monster Trial talking about it having ‘deep story development which will make you not only want to win for yourself but…’ they are interrupted by Kyungsoo, of course its Kyungsoo, its always him. Kai is suddenly chucking his champagne down like it’s some sort of magical potion that allows you to talk to your crush (the whole office knows he has the hots for Kyungsoo) ‘You aren’t telling Baekhyun any secrets are you? He’s the one who became an intern just to get information about the game’ Kai almost spits half of his drink out. ‘WHAT? You’re that intern? And here we thought you started a conversation because you were into our skills.’ ‘No, I Am, I mean yes I am the intern’ wow is this what office gossip is he wonders ‘But I’m really so amazed about what you all do here, I want to learn from you’ they both raise their eyebrows and look at each other before a playful laugh comes from the both of them ‘It’s okay Baekhyun we have all been there, it’s just curiosity I guess it’s not like you’re obsessed with playing games and finding out about them’ but Baekhyun was. He has never loved anything more. It was his favourite escape. It determined his friends, career path, heck even his taste in men.

Baekhyun gets drunk of course, too fast for any senior his age, he’s half slouching on Kyungsoo when there’s a man, looking as equally drunk as him shouting into a mic, it was the DJ, and a friend of the boss or that’s what Jimin told him ‘Okay guys, the moment you have all been waiting for I will like to call out my good friend Chan to give you old ones a little taste of what he’s got’ his words slurred but understandable. ‘Oh no here we go, looks like someone had too much to drink too’ Kyungsoo says to himself.

Baekhyun couldn’t believe his eyes, sure he was drunk and really shouldn’t be trusting his sight that is mostly showing him double but he couldn’t take his eyes off Chanyeol. His boss was DJ’ing like he was the hottest thing in the room, shouting things into the mic that Baekhyun couldn’t really understand (make some noise?), jumping up and down to the beat of the music with sweat glistening on his forehead and neck, wetting the ends of his hair that touched it. What side of Chanyeol is this?

After Chanyeol was done and the crowd cheered, Baekhyun already had more alcohol than he could handle and was wobbling his way towards Chanyeol. Baekhyun couldn’t restrain himself or his thoughts about Chanyeol, not after what Chanyeol just did on that little stage, and not after all this alcohol making Baekhyun feel like he could do whatever the hell he wanted. He went straight up to his boss and almost yelled at him ‘WHY ARE YOU SO HOT!’ it wasn’t really a question, Chanyeol stunned at the sheer directness of his much shorter employee raises an eyebrow and with that same smirk ‘Looks like someone liked my performance’ he really shouldn’t have gave Baekhyun that look.

Baekhyun grabbed his boss by his oversized jacket and pulled him across the room and into his office in less than 10 seconds ‘Baekhyun you’re really drunk, calm down’ Chanyeol almost stumbles into the tiny office after being forcefully shoved. ‘Shut up’ Baekhyun says, almost out of breath while closing the door behind him. ‘Oh is that how you speak to your boss?’ ‘I said shut up’ before Chanyeol knew it the shorter had pushed him down on the wheelie chair beside the desk and kissed him, hard.

The kiss didn’t last long, about 3 seconds to be exact before Chanyeol, much stronger and bigger pushed Baekhyun off him ‘Okay that’s enough for you. Let’s get you home Baek.’

Baek?