FINAL

Breaking News!
Please log in to read the full chapter

The news reporters were surrounded all around the Lee Enterprise building, with their big cameras and bright flashing lights. Some were even rude enough to push over office employees, hoping to find anyone related the recent news. More security guards were quickly assigned to the main entrance as people were starting to get hurt and needed help entering and exiting. There’s one thing this company doesn’t like and that’s for their employees to be disrespected. Since the entrance was clearly too unsafe, Chaerin’s parents entered through the back entrance and somehow they got in without any issues. Mr. Lee irately walked towards his daughter’s office with the latest news article in his hand, his wife was tailing up behind him and trying her best to keep him calm.

 

“Calm down, sweetheart, maybe she’s in a meeting.”

 

“In a meeting my .” He said as he aggressively opened the door. Mr. Lee threw the news article onto Chaerin’s desk, completely disturbing her reading a contact.

 

“Well good morning to you.” She joked, but toned it down as her mother was signaling her to keep it down.

 

“I suppose you haven’t seen the news?”

 

“You know I’ve been very busy with our latest business deal. Why, what’s going on?”

 

“Hmm I don’t know. Maybe a certain CEO being caught with an actress in various places!”

 

“What idiot—“ Chaerin stopped mid-sentence as her heart sped up, remembering that she’s a CEO herself and is dating an actress on the low. She finally looked down at the article, but instead of being worried or afraid, she broke out in laughter. “Oh gosh, Breaking News CEO Lee Chaerin has been seen out again with model and actress Park Sandara.” She animatedly read out loud.

 

“What did I tell you about being involved in scandals!” Chaerin had no idea why her father was overreacting so much, it was an innocent scandal. At least she wasn’t involved with drugs, adultery or something more insane – like ruining a girl group just because you wanted to marry a member.

 

“It’s not a big deal, so calm down dad.”

 

“Not a big deal, Chaerin, have you even looked out the window?” The window? Chaerin pulled back her office chair and spread apart the blinds. She saw the swarm of reporters bugging their office building. She was awfully bothered at how quickly the reporters made their way to the company. But she knew she was in big trouble now, so she pretended like she saw nothing and went back to work. “Now fix this.”

 

“Okay, I will.” Chaerin had this special glint in her eyes that scared her father, but he decided to ignore it either way. She called up the news article company, Dispatch, after her parents left her office. This could either go well or blow up in her face, but the risk was worth it.

 

~

 

The next day there were still some reporters outside, but not as many at the first day. She even entered through the front entrance the next day and greeted some of them. Chaerin chuckled as she sat down and leaned back onto her leather office chair with the latest news opened on her tablet. She was pretty proud at herself for finally admitting to the truth. The only problem was she didn’t know how her parents would react, but she knew they wouldn’t like it one bit. Her father was always strict, warning her how she needs to keep her image clean, because in the beginning she was just an upcoming female CEO. She put down the tablet to relax, but quickly sat up realizing she had another problem on deck. Dara. She didn’t even ask Dara’s permission to disclose to the world their little secret. I’m ed.

 

Chaerin was never one to care about what people had to say about her or about the decisions she made. She was a grown, matured woman and even if she fell into trouble, she was smart enough to get out of it. The bright side was that she had many supporters on her side, not just for this situation, but in the past too. When it was first announced that Chaerin would become Lee Enterprise’s new CEO, the board members weren’t too happy. They had lack of faith and didn’t trust Mr. Lee for making her the new CEO. But she proved them wrong, all from the strength and support she received from family, friends and some “fans”.

 

“You have some reporters on line six, Ms. Lee.”

 

“Thank you, Jen.” Chaerin dismissed her secretary, but before the other woman could leave she continued on with her message.

 

“Oh I almost forgot, Ms. Park is in the lobby waiting for you.”

 

“Ms. Park? As in Sandara Park?”

 

“Yes ma’am.” Chaerin cursed at the teasing tone in Jen’s voice.

 

“Tell her I’m not here.”

 

“Yes ma’am,” but before Jen could deliver the news to Dara, the said woman walked into the room.

 

“I figured you’d be free Chae.”

 

“Hey baby!”

 

“Don’t ‘hey baby’ me, what is this?!” Dara threw the article down on her desk, and suddenly it seemed like everyone had a kink for throwing articles at her.

 

“The truth. Are you mad?” Chaerin carefully asked. Dara just sighed and took a seat in front of her. The actress looked a bit exhausted, maybe she should’ve talked it out first. The paparazzi are always over the top, who knows what they’ve done to and with Dara.

 

“No, no I’m not mad. How could I be? This means you’ll finally be removed from the Hot Single Bachelorettes magazine.” She teased, working her way towards Chaerin, taking a seat onto her lap. “I just wish you would have told me. The reporters have been following me everywhere.”

 

“I’m sorry, I guess I wasn’t thinking enough. My parents saw the news and wanted me to handle it. So I did.”

 

“Of course you did, well I guess I’m happy you did so. We don’t have to hide anymore.”

 

“Were we ever hiding? I mean have you seen the pictures Dispatch put out? We’re so obvious.” Chaerin googled their names and clicked on the top link, which was the article from Dispatch. She clicked on the series of images. Some from their vacations in Japan, Jeju Island, and even when they met up at the hotel after a famous fashion event in Paris.

 

“Oh my god, they have a picture of us kissing?” Dara zoomed into the picture. It was indeed them. “Chae!” She smacked her head, “I told you someone would be watching! I knew I shouldn’t have listened to you. You are over here ruining my image.”

 

“At least those model and actors you work with know you love putting your lips on me.”

 

“Oh if only they knew where my hands love to be on.” Dara tried her best to threaten the CEO, knowing she’d fail either way.

 

“You mean my ?”

 

“Language, byun Chae!”

 

“Ahem.” A masculine voice brought the couple out their conversation. Dara tried to get up from Chaerin’s lap, but the latter wrapped an arm tightly around her waist, keeping her held down firmly. The blonde slightly smirked towards her parents. Her mother couldn’t help but chuckle at her daughter’s childish behavior, almost reminding her of her husband.

 

“Good morning dad, read any good news lately?” Mr. Lee was trying his best to keep his composure, but in all honesty he was enjoying his daughter’s behavior. Ever since she’s become the CEO, there were moment where he regretted his decision. His daughter barely came home, or even had time for herself. When the news first came out, he was excited to the possibilities that someone finally stole his daughter’s heart, almost forgetting about the public. But there are times where she needs to be professional as well. She could’ve handled this situation much better, but at the same time admitting to the truth has gave them more positive feedback than negative. Their stocks have gone up, along with more and new comments saying how cool it was for them to come out and clean. It’s no secret to the public that these two have been close ever since Lee Enterprises hired Dara as their model for certain products. His wife knew the act he was putting up, she was just waiting for him to finally crack and a part of her wondered if Chaerin could read him just as well.

 

“I have, are you sure about this?”

 

“I’m positive. It feels like the right thing to do.”

 

“Very well then, I hope you can control our Chaerin, Miss Dara.”

 

“Don’t worry. I have her wrapped around my fingers.” She fake whispered the last part, receiving a whine from the blonde.

 

“We’ll be leaving then Chaerin.”

 

“Wait that’s all? You don’t want to have dinner and get to know her?”

 

“Oh honey, we’ve already done that behind your back.” Chaerin looked over to Dara who nodded in agreement.

 

“I can’t believe it. My own family and girlfriend… I love it!”

 

Once Chaerin’s parent stepped out the door, she began to rub the sides of Dara’s waist, giving her a few pecks on her shoulder. “So we’re alone now-“

 

“Don’t even think about it.” Dara manages to escape from Chaerin’s hold and stood up, fixing her attire. “I have a photo shoot in a few minutes.”

 

“That can wait,” she grabbed the brunette’s hand, “and I have my phone. We can have our own photo shoot.”

 

Dara chuckled at her girlfriend’s silly behavior. She ruffled Chaerin’s hair and pecked her lips, “Sorry, maybe next time baby rin~”

 

“Tonight?”

 

“Only if you’re good.” She winked before finally leaving.

 

~

 

Due to a busy schedule and back-to-back meetings Chaerin didn’t get a chance to eat lunch, but she decided that she’d take this opportunity to take Dara out, so they could eat together once she finished reading this one last contract. The great thing about being your own boss is that you could leave work whenever you wanted or even take it home. Once she finally finished, she called up Dara and planned to meet her at their favorite restaurant. The blonde wanted to drive and pick up her girlfriend, but she realized that it might cause too much chaos.

 

Chaerin swore she saw a car following her down to the restaurant, but she blamed her paranoia. She shrugged away the thought and entered the restaurant, not hearing a click as she walked inside.

 

A waitress directed

Please log in to read the full chapter