chapter one

Hey, Nosebleed?

Wonwoo begins to regret not eating dinner or a proper lunch before he started his study session. His stomach is roaring. He doesn’t think running away madly after having a nosebleed is a good idea either.

“Did you even eat?” Idiot yells from behind him. “Also, can we stop running?” the light brown haired male breathlessly adds. “How are you even running so fast after having a nosebleed?”

“Yeah, I ate with Jihoon!” Wonwoo lies, quickly switching topics to answer the shorter’s other question. He ignores the last question. “Are we in the clear?”

He looks back, only seeing his friend and the plain college backdrop. No mad librarian there. His friend does the same before slowing down. Wonwoo stops running, wanting nothing more than to flop down on his bed as he catches his breath. He glares at his friend. They wouldn’t be running if he didn’t yell in the library.

Soonyoung, why did you even think of giving Mr. Han a chance to plot our murder?” Wonwoo groans, frustrated. Soonyoung rolls his eyes as if Wonwoo’s being dramatic. He really isn’t.

“Oh come on , the librarian can’t be that bad, right?” Soonyoung answers, striding up to Wonwoo confidently. “We’re safe now, aren’t we?” Just when they think they’re in the clear, they hear footsteps behind them. So much for being a bag of luck. Wonwoo freezes while Soonyoung screeches. Soonyoung sprints off quickly, faster than Wonwoo’s ever seen the him run.

“If he wasn’t that bad, he would’ve stopped chasing us!” Wonwoo yells after Soonyoung, following the older quickly. Wonwoo’s legs are threatening to give way the moment they enter the hallway of their dorm room. Their other roommate, a tall Chinese male, greets them with a surprised look as he opens the door.

“Move Jun!” Soonyoung pushes him aside, running for the couch. Jun gapes at the audacity of the younger, who topples onto the couch while Wonwoo barely makes it through the door. He collapses onto his knees by the door, panting heavily. He flops onto his back, scrunching his eyes shut as his vision starts to spin.

“What happened?” the Chinese male directs the question to Soonyoung as he bends down to check on Wonwoo. The door twists rattles open, causing Soonyoung to scream a bunch of expletives before he dives for the floor.

“Shut up Soonyoung,” the short male that appears by the door shouts, grumbling. “Why in the world did you guys run away from me? It’s also 12.30am , what are you guys doing out so late?” he exasperatedly continues, narrowing his eyes at the curled up body below the couch.

“And what’s with him?” he adds, pointing at Wonwoo once he notices Wonwoo and Jun on the floor.

“Jihoon, that was you ?” Soonyoung yells, jumping up from his position. His mouth flies open. Wonwoo wants it to fly shut because all this yelling was not helping.

“No sherlock,” Jihoon retorts, “Why were you guys even running in the first place?” Wonwoo opens his eyes, trying to get them to focus. He shuts them again as he starts to see white spots clouding his vision.

“I thought he was the biomed student,” Jihoon huffs before pulling Wonwoo up. “Take better care of yourself,” he nags, before instructing the Chinese male to help, “Wonwoo, lean against Jun.”

Junhui easily follows Jihoon’s instructions, letting Wonwoo’s back press against his own. If Wonwoo weren’t feeling like , he’d have teased his roommates for being so caring.

Soonyoung soon joins them with a bottle of water and some candy.

 


 

Minghao unwraps a piece of candy, plopping it into his mouth. He notices Mingyu staring at him from the couch. So he throws the giant a piece too. It unceremoniously hits Mingyu in the face. He laughs as Mingyu pouts at him.

“Why’d you have to drag me away from the cute guy too?” Mingyu whines, trashing his body on the couch. Minghao just judges Mingyu from the chair across him, closing the jar of candy. He sets it on the table, ignoring Mingyu.

“He still needed my help, y’know?” Mingyu reasons, trying to catch his eye to further prove his point. The younger simply rolls his eyes.

“If I didn’t drag you away you’d probably trip over air and cause all four of us to be caught by the demon librarian, Prince Charming ,” he retorts, “We’d end up in Pledis prison.”

“Oh ,” Mingyu curses, finally making a few connections. “Like that senior- Yiyoung?” The incident that shall not be named. Minghao nods gravely before turning to his phone at the sound of a notification.

Seeing how he’s not holding Minghao’s attention anymore, Mingyu decides to use his own phone. He digs into his pocket, freezing when he realises there are two phones in his pocket.

“Oh ,” Mingyu repeats, once he pulls out the two phones in his pocket. Minghao looks up curiously at him, albeit not in surprise. “I think I just stole nosebleed’sphone.”

Minghao shoots him a pointed look. “You’re an idiot, Mingyu.”

“,” Mingyu curses before unlocking the phone. He remembers the password- 1717. “I’m gonna call his friend.”

“If it’s any comfort, at least you clean up your accidents fine,” Minghao offers in comfort, as he watches Mingyu pace up and down their living room. The taller just ignores him, focused on calling nosebleed’s friend. Mingyu quickly calls ‘idiot’ and presses the phone to his ear, continuing his pace as he waits for an answer.

“What did Mingyu do now?” a third voice joins their conversation. Mingyu just faces his other roommate a pout. The latter is exiting their shared room, wiping his wet hair with a towel.

“Hey Seokmin,” Minghao greets the dark brown haired male. Seokmin throws the towel on one of their hangers as he shoots a smile at the youngest male. He nods his head towards Mingyu, wanting to be filled in on the situation. Minghao quickly explains, “Mingyu told me he saved some cute guy who had a nosebleed in the library. He’s currently holding the cute guy’s phone captive. Now, he’s trying to contact the guy’s friend.”

Seokmin just stares at Minghao. “That’s not the most embarrassing thing he’s done,” Seokmin comments in a nonchalant manner. Minghao shrugs, mumbling something along the lines of how the statement could be debatable.

“Hey, at least he can return whatever he stole this time,” the oldest of the trio adds, before pointing to the bottle of candy on the table, “Remember when he accidentally stole that bottle just because he found the cashier cute?”

“Yeah! Wasn’t that jar the last one left on the shelf? Some poor guy is missing his paid-for white day candy, probably,” Minghao jokes. At this point Mingyu’s not even focused on their teasing. Instead, all he can hear is the ringback tone (idiot’s tone is a song titled Bring ItMingyu pretends not to feel threatened when the lyrics ‘Let’s go out, fight and win’ ring through his ear.)

“He’s not answering,” Mingyu cries in horror when the mocking ringback tone dies. His eyes are met with idiot’s contact page. He groans, running back to the couch to flop on it. He buries his head in a pillow, which muffles his screaming.

“Why do we have such a drama queen as a friend?” Minghao asks Seokmin, as if Mingyu wasn’t there. All he gets is a shrug from Seokmin.

Mingyu suddenly shoots up, scaring the two. Minghao curses the taller while Seokmin just clutches his heart as if he’d been wounded. They think he’s about to remind them that he can hear them when he asks in a worried tone, “What if something bad happened to him?”

“He’s proba-”

“He looked so tired!” Mingyu interrupts Minghao, ranting, “He’s like really small. He is damn skinny, he could rival you, Hao! I don’t think he eats properly-”

“First off all, I eat just fine, thanks,” Minghao protests, interrupting Mingyu before he could further rant. “Second, he was like nearly your height. He’s probably fine. He did leave with his friend.”

Mingyu ignores his remarks (and Minghao starts questioning his friendship choices.) “What if his friend lost him or something?” Mingyu counters, attempting to call idiot again. Minghao resists the urge to roll his eyes again. Instead, he just sighs in exasperation while Seokmin gets up, yawning.

“Don’t think too much about it,” Seokmin advises Mingyu, “Just send him a text or something and sleep on it. For all you know they’re asleep or something. It’s nearly2am .”

“That’s the wisest thing I’ve heard you say, Seokmin,” Minghao marvels, patting his friend’s leg. Seokmin shoots him a grateful smile.

“There’s more where that came from,” he says sagely before making his exit. Minghao trails after him, intending to go to sleep too, leaving Mingyu dumbfounded. What just happened? Maybe it’s because they’re all tired.

So, he decides to follow Seokmin’s advice by sending a text. He opens the chat with idiot and types:

hi, nosebleed’s friend? this is the guy who helped him out in the library and i kinda accidentally took his phone. can you call me back in the morning or something, so i can pass him back his phone?

He presses send and proceeds to type another message:

btw, is he okay? i hope he’s sleeping now and please feed him properly!

His finger hovers over the send button. Is that too forward? It’s probably creepy. He wonders what nosebleed’s and idiot’s names are. How stupid of him not to ask earlier. He ends up erasing the text. He locks the phone, switching to his own phone to reply to some messages.

He heads off to shower quickly before turning in. The moment his head hits the pillow, he falls asleep immediately. Unluckily, he misses the text that comes in right after he dozes off.

 


 

“Are you okay in there?” Soonyoung asks for possibly the thousandth time in a span of 10 minutes. Wonwoo smiles bitterly at his luck as he squeezes some toothpaste onto his toothbrush.

“Yes, I’m fine now!” Wonwoo tiredly answers, “Go rest or something. It’s not like I’m incapable of showering by myself.”

“Told you,” Jihoon mockingly chuckles at Wonwoo’s answer. Wonwoo buries his head in his palm, huffing. He’s feeling fine now- why are they still treating him like some sick kid?

“Don’t tell me all three of you are waiting outside the door?”

“Not me,” Jihoon replies, “I got forced by the other two.” There’s a series of noises of disapproval from Jun and Soonyoung. Wonwoo calmly sticks the toothbrush in his mouth, trying to drown out their argument. When they finally silence, Wonwoo sighs in relief. Or so he thought.

“You were the one who suggested waiting outside for him!” Jun exposes Jihoon. Wonwoo nearly spits out his toothpaste because that is the last thing he expects. There’s another series of arguments but Wonwoo just smiles to himself. He would never get caught saying it but he really does love the trio.

He hears a phone notification go off and suddenly, there’s total silence. It continues on for a full minute- Wonwoo counted . Okay, maybe he doesn’t love them anymore. They’re all snakes.

There’s loud cackling that proves his point. Even Jihoon is laughing hard . “Hey Wonwoo,” Soonyoung manages to wheeze through his laughter, “The guy from the library called you twice.”

“Wait- how does he have my number?” Wonwoo asks in panic, his question muffled due to the toothpaste in his mouth. Soonyoung annoyingly parrots back in the same muffled tone. Why are they even friends?

“Shut up Soonyoung,” Jihoon yells at Soonyoung. Wonwoo can hear a loud smack before there’s rushed footsteps away from the toilet. He assumes Jihoon’s chasing Soonyoung around their dorm.

“Basically, the guy from the library called Soonyoung on your phone,” Jun casually explains, “I think he just sent a text too. He called you nosebleed.” Jun chuckles at the nickname Wonwoo has received.

“Oh,” Wonwoo sighs in defeat. How unlucky can he get?!

 



Soonyoung madly grins as he escapes Jihoon by locking himself in his shared room with Wonwoo. He turns back his attention to his phone, opening up the chat with 'nerd' or Wonwoo. (Technically, neither apply currently since it's the stranger from the library.)

nerd

hi, nosebleed’s friend? this is the guy who helped him out in the library and i kinda accidentally took his phone. can you call me back in the morning or something, so i can pass him back his phone?

He quickly types up a reply:

hello mr library guy! :) glad we could get in touch. i was wondering if you were single?

this is nosebleed, btw ;)

He hits send, his grin widening in almost a devilish manner as he does so.

 

xx

 

boom, hope you liked it! subscribe to know what soonyoung's plotting, hehe. anyways, let me know what you think of the font size in the comments please? i haven't done aff in a very long time :( also hit me up on twitter at carrotsshi if you wanna be friends or anything. (don't worry, i followback HAHA) ok peace out love y'all carats (or if you aren't- wHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR SLIP INTO THIS LIFE)