Was it science

It's A Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A century since the Earth has fallen quiet, nature grew and humans last stance reminds, seal away by walls. Kyungsoo thinks he is both lucky and unlucky, he is lucky to not have born in the year where the zombie apocalypse happen. He is unlucky to be trapped within these walls. He wants to see outside, like a crow once told him. Outside is beautiful, filled with wonders. That's why Kyungsoo is training to get the chance to go outside. 

"Kyungsoo stop spacing out already." His friend, Jongin said to him with a big smile. Today was the day, he had wait for years. He finally have the permission from the higher ups to join the team and head outside. Kyungsoo feels like he is dreaming, but it's too real to be a lie so he finally breaks out of his own spell. "Let me be geez." He mumbles putting his papers away safely into his bag. "Gotta go!" He quickly said, without saying anything else he runs to get home and show his parents. He finally achieve his dreams, he opens the door to the house and finding his parents waiting for him to give them the good news. He only have to smile, and they knew he manage. "I'm so happy for you, but you have to be careful too." His mother told him, while hugging him and kissing his forehead. "I understand ma! Don't worry!" Kyungsoo reassures her, and nods at his dad who gives him a strained smile. His dad didn't support his choice but nevertheless let him try if he had the chance, Kyungsoo was glad for that. 

Next few weeks, Kyungsoo spent his time learning survival skills, and how to use certain weapons in case they come across what's left of the zombies roaming around. Finally the day came, and Kyungsoo wouldn't contain his excitement as he wait all his life just to step out of this place. 

Soon they were in the wilderness, Kyungsoo wouldn't get himself to pay attention as everything was so beautiful. Mother nature sure did a good job alright, he helped the  leader collect samples of plants and clean around the base they were going to use to stay here. Kyungsoo doesn't mind a bit labor, it's actually in his opinion. Working for what he likes, then he saw it. A zombie walking near by as he was collecting some herds that Suho had told him to. It was a tall one, though this one isn't like most of the other he had seen in pictures. It's body wasn't rotten and tall, head up looking at the sky, Kyungsoo follows it's gaze and sees that it was a crow. and this zombie seems to follow it, taken by curiosity Kyungsoo trails behind the zombie leaving rocks as he went so he doesn't forget his way back.

There's a saying that goes, "curiosity kills the cat" right? And that's what can describe the situation Kyungsoo is in now. The zombies he followed was straight to a group of zombies, they advance towards the unmoving zombies, and Kyungsoo was glued to his spot when the crow screeches. The unmoving zombie attacks the others, Kyungsoo watches in horror as this zombie tears through the others amd eats their rotten fresh. Finally Kyungsoo manages to break his frozen stance and makes a run back. Suho was in panic when he got back and scold him for a long time as well as others, and especially Jongin. For hell's sake, Kyungsoo just wants to punch his friend. Little brat thinks he can scold Kyungsoo, but not wanting to be sent back early he held himself back. 

"So where did you go?" Suho ask once they got over the make one more mistake and you are done. Kyungsoo specials the beans of what he saw, "Almost as if the crow nurture that zombie." Kyungsoo explains to them as he thinks back to it. "Well everyday you learn something new, let's just be alert for now. And you, Kyungsoo. Don't. Do. That. Again." Suho emphasize his words, making Kyungsoo roll his eyes. He wasn't a kid, maybe just a little cause he was just so curious about that one and the crow. It reminded him of the one that used to visit him when he was a child and told him about the world. 

Kyungsoo heads back to the room that he stays in, upon opening the door. A crow sat by the window he had left open earlier. It stares at Kyungsoo for a long time before it flies away when Kyungsoo finds it in himself to advance towards the thing. It scared him maybe a little, because it felt like a real person was staring at him, and he quickly pulls the window close and the curtains over it. Maybe the outside world wasn't as magnificent as the crow once said. Next day Kyungsoo finds himself gear up with few others,  orders given by Suho to go and explore the ruins. For research he says, but somehow that isn't exactly the only thing in Kyungsoo's opinion. Then they head out following the path that others had left for them before.

Not even an hour into the trip, Kyungsoo was about to kill one of his own, little Sehun just won't shut up about this and that. And maybe Jongin also joins his hit lost, and maybe because Kyungsoo doesn't want to go to prison and that's why he tolerates them. Once reaching the ruins of the city, Kyungsoo was given the job of look out, he grunts to himself. Why does he need to be here if this is what they are going to put him to do honestly. 

"You look bored." A deep voice said to him, Kyungsoo quickly turns towards the voice's direction, his eyes widens looking ready to pop out. There stood the zombie....or whatever it is, smili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter