Bridging Gaps

Crossroads

They held each other’s hands tight during the train ride. Nobody said a word, as they sat close together, having said all the pent up words and the hidden secrets they needed to confess. Walking up the stairs to her place, their steps got slower, somehow.

Until she unlocked the door, entered, locked it again, and turned around to face him.

They both wanted the same thing. And at that moment, the timing was right, the situation was right, the feelings were right.

He took a step and bridged their gap, seeing her up close, and put his hand on her cheek. Maybe right then might be the best time to say all of those words he never said about her, that he could only pour in his love songs through the years. Yet, he only placed his lips on hers.

He kissed doubtfully, as if preparing himself for a rejection. It was light and simple brushes.

The second kiss was sweeter because she moved forward and had her arms around his neck. It was long and lingering, and she was still closing her eyes when he stopped.

She opened her eyes and he saw her eyes burnt with longing, much the same with what he was feeling. She let out a helpless, desperate, shaky, “Yo~ong” and all his self-control broke lose.

He grabbed her chin and finally kissed her like he always wanted to, like he always dreamed on lonely nights when her smiles played in his head. He kissed her hungrily, lips massaging, tongue pushing and exploring, hands pulling her body to him. She moaned into the kiss, dangerous sounds that sent him mad for her, taking everything he was giving, kissing as passionate as he was, opening up and indulging him.

Years ago, he wouldn’t dare to touch her like this, too intimidated by their clean images and propriety. That day, he didn’t want to waste the moment, touching everywhere he could, pushing his hands on places that made her gasped his name and trembled for him.

Now, now, now! 

His heart screamed for her, more of her, more of Seo Joo Hyeon, so he hastily pulled her belt, opened her buttons and zipper, and soon found his hands rubbing greedily on her smooth skin. She shrugged him free of his jacket and slipped her hands under his shirt, sending his heart racing furiously as she traced his back with her nails.

Pushing her down on the floor, he lied on top of her, both crazy with the sensations of body to body pressed together. He crawled and kissed her, as she gripped his shoulders and arched her back.

First times should be slow

It was a sentence that echoed in the back of his brain. But he was too lost in the sensation of moving above her to recognize it. He finally had some sense when his feet hit the back of the sofa. Taking her right then and there might speed things up, but he didn’t want her to have bruises and scratches afterwards. Therefore he sat up and pulled her body with his, murmuring “Bedroom” before he carried her and she shut his mouth with another urgent kiss.

He laid her on her bed and lied on top of her again, managing to peel off her underwear and pulled her hands far above her head. She moved her head up to reach him and kissed all over his jaw when he pulled away long enough to say “I love you”.

“Love you too” Seo Hyeon said, taking her hands off his grasp to hold his head and pulled him down.

They were frantic, as if afraid if they didn’t do it fast enough, the moment would be stolen from them. They wanted each other so much, too much, hands touching shamelessly, his legs between hers as she circled them around his waist, madly calling each other's names, loud, ragged breathings filling the room.

He wanted to take her slowly, but he couldn’t, because she pushed his hips down on her, and she brought her hips to latch it with his, though she bit her lips from the sudden pain and tears wet her eyes. The feeling of her warmth, tightly enveloping him, felt good beyond belief and sent his head reeling with intense, succumbing pleasure.

“Hyeon! Don’t—“

“No. Oppa. Yong….I don’t want to wait. Do it now” she begged, “Do it quick”.

Those words send his blood rushing, and his instincts impatient. So he took her hard and fast, with her screaming his name in pleasure over and over again.

They came down together and he kissed her nose before starting it all over again, slower this time, full of loving caresses that melted her, leaving her breathless and made her threw her head back.

They started in the middle of the day, and stopped when the sky was already dark, lying in each other arms, finally feeling secure of what they meant for the other.

****************************************

When Seo Hyeon came back from school one day, and saw Yong Hwa putting in folded clothes to the wardrobe, she was shocked to find that it was hers. His folding method might not be as symmetrical as she preferred, but still, he did it.

“Yong Oppa?”

“Oh. Hi, Hyeon!”

“Did you wash my clothes?”

“This? Yeah, I did”

“But you shouldn’t!”

“Why not? You washed mine!”

“I know! And it’s a w—woman’s job!”

Yong Hwa laughed. “No big deal. You have school. And I don’t. I could just sleep all day. But I guess it’s better if I could be of some use”

He left to take a shower, patting her shoulders on the way.

She closed her eyes and breathed in. Because for a second there, she almost said, “a wife’s job”.

**************************************

It’s easy to fall to a rhythm with him. She woke up in the morning, prepared simple breakfast, ate it together with him-- he was still sleepy but awake nevertheless-- and then she went to school after he gave her a peck on the forehead. He stayed at her place during the day, wrote his songs or played guitar or play online games. She came home to find the breakfast dishes clean, the fridge well stocked, and the sitting room full with his music sheets.

Dinner meant talking together for two hours and then he left her alone to do her homework.

The options were making love or holding each other before they sleep. The first was more favorable, a treat for both their souls and bodies. But those nights when he just laid looking into her eyes, caressing her arms until she fell asleep were also precious for her.

It’s easy to live with him. It’s comfortable, the banters interesting, and his presence felt just—right. In her deepest heart, she felt…….married. She knew she’d cry for days when he had to go home. It’s been almost two weeks already. He would go back soon. But then, Seo Hyeon was afraid to ask anything about that. Let him tell her when he had to. For now, she just wanted to enjoy every seconds while it lasts.

*************************************

She was ticking off items from her list as he pushed the grocery cart beside her when he asked, “When will you finish your thesis?”.

“In six or seven months” she answered, inspecting a bunch of spinach and nodding when she thought it met her standards.

“Oh. Okay then. So when we come back to Korea seven months from now, where would you want to stay? My place or yours?”

She whipped around so fast she crashed to the cart.

“What did you say?”

“You heard me”

“No, I didn’t”

“I asked,” Yong Hwa began again, “When we come back to Korea seven months from now, after you get your master degree, where do you want to stay? My place or yours? Or maybe you want to choose a new place for us?”

Seo Hyeon gaped at him. Her head spun and she told herself, don’t easily believe what you hear to maintain your sanity.

“What do you mean?” she asked, afraid she assumed or concluded wrong.

Yong Hwa chuckled.

“I want to stay here with you until you graduate. And then we could come back together to Korea”

She stared at him unblinkingly.

“But don’t you—don’t you have to record your third solo album? Surely you can’t—“

“I could record it here. FNC said that would be easy to arrange”

“Really?”

“Um…..I guess I’m…..in a position where I can arrange my own schedule. I’m a sunbae now, you know” he informed in a relaxed, sheepish tone.

“And uh……I’ll do it in a more romantic way as soon as I can leave you alone for an hour or two. Make a reservation in a cool restaurant, roses, and all that. But Hyeon, I just want you to know, I’m planning to ask you to marry me. So you should start planning your answer from now on”

“Jeongmal? Jeongmal Oppa?”

“It’s about time, don’t you think? We’ve waited long enough. Made wrong decisions and hurt ourselves and each other. It’s time to enjoy the good times now, right?”

Had this been less surprising, she would have started crying by then. But she only said, “Yes. I think you’re right”

“I guess so. So we have a promise?”

“Ne. We do”

He reached for her hand. “Hyeo~on” he called, smiling his trademark smile, “I’m going to hover around you from now on. Don’t kick me out because I bored you, okay”.

“I won’t Oppa,” she laughed, eyes full of immeasurable happiness and mirth, “As long as you stay away from iced coffee and let me make up your face to be pretty from time to time”.

“Aigoo” he sighed in exaggeration. “Do I really have to, Hyeon?”

“Yes. You do”

“Okay. Cheap price” he said, kissing her cheek before choosing a package of beef for dinner.

****************************************

Author's Note:

15 August 2011

I randomly started this series one morning a week ago. I was midway when I asked myself what I'm trying to say. I'm trying to write about something realistic, a far from perfect Yongseo that made mistakes and waver with their love. But in the end, I think, if you love deep enough, you'll want to come back to your true love. This is Yongseo. Found their dreams, made their mistakes, and then together again, everybody wiser, more grateful, and honest with what they want from each other.

I hope you enjoy this story. Thank you for everybody who commented and read. I love you all, my readers and friends ***group hug***