Chapter 3

1+1+1=2+1=1+2=♡

 

"Hyung, you're in love with him."

 

==========

 

It was a chilly day in the middle of the first week of preparations for their comeback, the end of autumn approaching and giving room to the sharp cold of winter—why was it that they always had to film is such weather conditions, the boys would ask to no one in particular, running their hands over their arms in an attempt to warm up, only to receive a shrug from the nearby staff; it's not like they weren't suffering along with them. 

In a sparse circle the seven members were reunited with the mv director to check for any mistakes made during the filming that could result in them having to record a particular scene again, thus making them stay longer in this cold warehouse. As the footage rolled for the fifth consecutive time—to ensure nothing would be missed, were the director's words—most of the group started to dissipate, some moved to sprawl themselves on the worn out couches scattered around or just sat on the floor to check their phones. Namjoon and Hoseok were the only ones still sitting on the uncomfortable plastic chairs on either side of the director, eyes glued to the monitoring screen. 

About a half an hour passed until they were all finally dismissed. The recording was perfect and would be handed over to the editing team without any issues, and the end product was set to be delivered to them in a couple of days. Namjoon and Hoseok politely bowed to the director and the rest of the staff, thanking them for their hard work, and went their separate ways. 

Namjoon gave Hoseok's shoulder a light tap and walked off to talk to one of the managers. Hoseok nodded, shooting him a tight smile that reflected his tiredness, and headed towards the couch his boyfriend had claimed as his. 

Yoongi had his stretched legs covered by a thin blanket and an elbow resting on one of the couch cushions, head propped on his hand. His phone was lightly held by the other, but his gaze was set somewhere else. 

"Hyung, you're in love with him." Hoseok casually said upon approaching Yoongi and catching him staring fondly at Jungkook for the umpteenth time that week. His tone was low, so only the elder would be able to hear him, and it didn't leave any room for discussion, he knew that what he was saying was true; after a few years of dating Yoongi he had learned what each single expression he made meant and, more than anyone else, he was able to recognize that that was the face of a man in love. 

As Yoongi made no indication to retort, Hoseok moved to sit at the edge of the couch near his legs, nudging him a bit with his thigh. 

"It's the same look you had before we started dating." He pointed, a smirk playing on his lips. 

Yoongi remained silent, but Hoseok knew he had heard him judging by the almost imperceptible twitch of his lips and the slight furrow of his brows. 

"The look you had before I finally had the guts to ask you out on a date since you wouldn't make the first move yourself." Hoseok pushed, smirking. He wasn't mad in the slightest and that seemed like as good an opportunity as any to tease his boyfriend. 

Yoongi just huffed, shoving the blanket aside and getting up so the faint blush on his cheeks would go unnoticed by the younger (surprise, surprise, it didn't). He marched to the corner of the room to pick his stuff and exited the place with a snickering Hoseok trailing behind him. 

 

 

It was a couple of weeks later and they were now practicing the choreography for the music shows they'd attend in the following weeks. It had gotten colder, but the heating system installed in their practice room helped them forget that soon snow would start falling. 

After a last and quick rundown of the main points of the two choreographies they selected to perform, their instructor called it a day, sending them back home to rest and fill themselves up with a warm meal. 

Yoongi was waiting for Jungkook to finish packing his stuff, intently staring at his form gathering things here and there—why the younger's water bottle and headphones ended up in the other side of the room, next to a pile of boxes containing props they haven't used in years, would remain a mystery; Jungkook had been drinking water from an unknown bottle the entire time and didn't really use his headphones during practice, so what was that, really. 

From a spot at Yoongi's right, busy turning the music off and disconnecting his phone from the speakers, Hoseok noticed that the elder had been lost in thoughts for quite some time, and, if the man's fixed gaze on their youngest member was any indication, said thoughts were most definitely about him. Hoseok bit his lips to contain a burst of laugher and stepped into Yoongi's line of vision. 

The dancer wiggled his eyebrows and scurried away to stand against a wall before Yoongi thought of swinging an arm at him in fake annoyance. Yoongi groaned and rolled his eyes, but that was as far as his attempt at complaining went and he simply resumed his staring without saying anything. 

Jungkook finished closing his bag and happily walked in their direction, hair damp and skin glistening with sweat from the exertion of dancing until just a few minutes ago. 

"Hey, hyungs, I'm all done, we can go now!" He said as a form of greeting, patting over his backpack one last time to make sure everything was in there then draping it over his shoulder. 

Jungkook started walking to the door, but he barely took a full step before stopping and turning to face his hyungs again, realizing they hadn't greeted him back nor moved a single millimeter since he had approached them. He blinked, waiting for them to catch up to him, but the silence, along with their motionless postures, continued. 

Sweat collected at Yoongi's temples and he looked a Hoseok for a split second. He moved his weight from one foot to the other, fidgeted with his fingers, took a deep breath and looked at Jungkook straight in the eyes. 

"Hey, kook-ah, I was wondering if you'd like to join me for coffee…" 

Silence fell upon them once again and Jungkook stared at him inquisitively, head tilting slightly to the side. 

Yoongi rubbed at the back of his neck and looked down in an attempt to conceal his embarrassment. Nevertheless, with his gaze still fixed on his shoes, he gathered the courage to add, "Like a date. If you'd want that, that is." 

Jungkook's confusion seemed to intensify, settling deep into his eyes that immediately turned into slits, studying Yoongi as if trying to figure out if the whole thing was some kind of prank the sope duo was trying to pull on him or if it had a double meaning to it. 

He was pulled back from his pensive state by the movement of Hoseok's hand making its way to hold Yoongi's, followed by his thumb rubbing soft circles on its back in a clear sign of encouragement and support. 

"I'd like come too if you don't mind." Hoseok smiled up at him, blindingly and sweet, and the look on Yoongi's face, despite still being filled with uncertainty, had assumed a more hopeful tone, so full of fondness and eagerness that, although not knowing where any of this would lead, Jungkook was sure he'd regret it if he didn't at least give it a try. 

"Yeah, sure, let's do it. Just wait until I take a quick shower and I'll meet you guys outside." He shot them a small smile and excitedly skipped out of the room. 

Hoseok and Yoongi shared a relieved glance, hands tightening around one another, and erupted into a fit of giggles not long after. With their clothes clinging to their bodies they were in no better shape than Jungkook and, if they didn't want to waste any more time, they needed to hurry as well. 

They shared a quick kiss and ran out of the building, laughing and trying to catch up to Jungkook, shouting at him to wait for them.