II. Ask Me How I'm Doin', I'll Say, "Okay," Yeah, But Ain't That What We All Say?

If You Want Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before Jisoo stepped into the whole college life, he was quite excited. Everyone hated anything education related, but not Jisoo. It fascinated him and he was always ready to learn more and more. There was a possibility it was because he was so sheltered and barely got to experience the public school, perhaps even private school life, without his whole piano ordeal getting in the way. Now that he attempted to leave that life behind him, he was ready to step forward to a totally new area, new school, and he couldn't quite say people that didn't know him because that was seemingly false as soon as he stepped into Seoul in general. In his temporary apartment, he counted down the days until he could officially move into the dorms, sending off furniture and a bit of luggage in timely intervals so the official move-in day wouldn't be as overwhelming as everyone says it was. By the time his calendar was marked up with red x's and it slowly went from 7 days to 5 days to 2 days and until the night before, he basically yelled with glee, stomping his feet about and earning a 'shut up!' Above all, he was excited to see his dorm buddy/ies. He had hoped it wasn't going to be too hard for him to fit in.

This was not what he was expecting at all. 

Jisoo was not expecting to walk into his shared dorm room and be caught in a middle of a fight. He disregarded the fact that his roomates probably wouldn't get along, or none of them would get along and it would just be a ty school year. He feared he'd have to bring out his calendar and mark the days until the school year was over. The manual didn't tell me how to deal with physical violence... between my roomates?! Jisoo was obviously panicking as the air around them remained thick with tension and it was silent, entirely silent. He wasn't even sure how to respond to that nonchalant 'hey' as if he wasn't going to be choked out to death. 

"You're gonna hurt him," Jisoo blurted out suddenly as he straightened out his composure, his fingers curling around the keycard, feeling it dig into his palm. 

"I'm sure that's why I have my hands around his throat," the raven-haired male retorted harshly, a small rasp lacing his tone before he cleared his throat, "It's none of your in' business anyway."

"I don't mean to intrude in your guys' business, but I'm worried about him particularly in this situation. If you keep this up, he could faint eventually." he responded calmly, his teeth latching onto his bottom lip, fearing that he'd receive the same treatment. 

"Come on, Cheol, stop making a fool out of yourself," the brunette crooned teasingly, his delicate fingers reaching up to tug gently at 'Cheol's hand and Jisoo flinched, fearing the grip would tighten, but to his surprise, the taller male released reluctantly with a grumble, "I'm gonna assume you're the reason why we have a third bed this time. It's rare but hey, maybe it'll be fun." he mused after, approaching Jisoo, "I'm Jeonghan, and that's Seungcheol. I'm sorry for the weird first encounter we had with you. We're usually not like thi--"

"We are, so you can switch out if you want."

Jeonghan had sent a glare towards Seungcheol before turning back towards Jisoo, his expression turning back into the kind, cheerful one he beared and suddenly, Jisoo was at an awe, "Anyway, I'm apologizing for our behavior. Er.. What's your name?" he spoke softly, hand stretched out as a peace offering.

".. Hong Jisoo." he spoke hesitantly as he stepped into the room, grabbing his hand, shaking it firmly before noticing how the air around them grew thick once more. His gaze shifted upwards watching the crestfallen look appearing on Seungcheol's face and Jeonghan's shocked face. He blinked a few times as his grip loosened, smiling sheepishly, "Should I have not said my name?" he spoke meekly, shoulders shurgging upwards as he tried to curl into himself. 

"No it's--"

"I have to go." Seungcheol grunted out and pushed past them both, the door closing behind him.

Jisoo flinched at the loud slam before withdrawing his hand, rubbing at his neck, "Did I do something?"

"No, you didn't." Jeonghan spoke quickly, shaking his head with a nervous chuckle, "I thought it was a rumor that you were actually attending this place, and to think you're rooming with us-- just.. wow." he breathed out, a wide smile playing on his lips, "Suppose he got the post-meeting-your-favorite-celebrity jitters." 

"Ugh, don't put me on a pedestal or anything, I left that.. behind me. Now, I'm just Hong Jisoo." his stomach felt queasy as he let go of his luggage, letting his hand rest against his stomach, 

"Well," he paused before turning around, arms outstretched, "Just Hong Jisoo, welcome home for the year!" he cheered, turning back around to face him, hands curled into fists as he shook them slightly in a celebratory manner, "I'll give you a tour!"

There wasn't much. Their dorm was every average-sized cliche anyone would see on TV and it made Jisoo happy. It was like he was guest starring on a TV show where they lived in dorms and he had his own room and roomates that may or may not be particularly fond of him. But he was hyped up on so much excitement, he didn't even care. There was one bathroom that was surprisingly large and a small kitchen in the corner of their room. He recalled that Jeonghan said something along the lines of a communal bathroom with shower stalls down the hall if this bathroom was occupied, along the fact there was a communal kitchen right next to it with a dining table and everything. It was used a lot and that's how people met one another. Jisoo was relieved that people were willing to actually communicate with each other and hang out for a bit. 

Their beds weren't near each other, but ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter