Death of a Bachelor

I'd Say I Love You But I Think I'm Drunk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ing hangover hits me hard again.

 

All the ringing’s not helping at all. I blindly reached for my phone on my bedside to shut the alarm off. Successful, I rolled back to my bed. Just when I was about to go back to sleep, I felt a slight movement on my right. I stilled.

 

 

What the ? 

 

 

Flashbacks from last night filled my mind.

 

 

No. Please no. 

 

 

I released a frustrated sigh as I caught a glimpse of long brown curls laying all over the pillow on my right. Familiar scent filled my nose. 

 

 

. Not again!

 

 

I jerked back to my left and immediately stood up from the bed. I grabbed my phone and frantically texted Youngbae.

 

 

To: Youngbae

Bro, you should’ve stopped me last night!

 

 

As I hit send, I looked up and saw her clinging on to my blanket trying to cover herself. She looked up to me with cautious eyes. She was testing the waters — seeing if I remember everything from last night and if I meant everything I said and did.

 

 

I did.

 

 

Everything I said was true.

 

 

Everything I did was from my heart.

 

 

But still, disappointment gripped me. She did not deserve that night. I closed my eyes in defeat and turned around. Without thinking, I looked for some random person to call.

 

 

“Hey baby. Good morning!”

 

 

I walked towards my bathroom trying to escape reality.

 

 

“I’ll pick you up later this evening, okay? Can’t wait to see you!”

 

 

Ending the call, I looked back inside my room and saw her picking up her discarded clothes from last night. She was broken. I can see it clearly. I broke her again. I can’t do this anymore. I couldn’t face her at all. So, I stalled inside the bathroom and waited for her to leave.

 

 

Thinking that she was already gone, I stepped back inside my bedroom but I was surprised seeing her still there. She was sitting at the edge of my bed, face contorted with an emotion I cannot comprehend. 

 

 

“Jiyong, I —“

 

 

“Nothing happened, Park.” I interrupted her. 

 

 

That was my usual escape. It’s a line that I callously use to evade this situation every time it happens. 

 

 

I can see that she wanted to answer back. It was unusual. So, as coward, I resorted to the only thing I know. Escape. I turned back and walked fast to my bathroom again. This time, I closed the door tight, intending to stay until she finally leaves.  

 

 

A few minutes passed, I slipped back to my bedroom. I guess she’s finally gone. Standing idly inside my bedroom, I heard the front door of my apartment close.

 

 

I released a sigh.

 

 

What now, Kwon?

 

 

I dropped myself on my bed. Looking to my right, I stare at the mirror. I cannot see myself. I only see a stranger.

 

 

 

My eyes next landed on my safe box. I stood up and walked towards it. After setting the combination to unlock it, I see nothing inside but a small box and a piece of paper.

 

 

 

I am a ing coward.

 

 

 

Sighing, I closed it again and dragged myself to the kitchen.

 

 

I opened my cellar and picked my best friend for the day.

 

 

 

"Hello, St. George. Guess what? You're my best fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter