her lightning bugs

three of a perfect pair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Girlfriends Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy in college / Part 2

# The time Joohyun broke her glasses

Joohyun couldn’t afford to slack off in college – much less when finals are fast approaching. She groaned and scanned the page once again, hopefully absorbing more than just blurred words and obscure diagrams this time.

 

Of all times her glasses had to break, it had to be the week before her final exams. She had no one but herself to blame, though, considering that she was the one who accidentally stepped on it and her eyesight being bad in the first place. So, she collapsed on her bed and covered her face with the Biology book she had been trying to study for the past hour.

 

The frustrated girl barely heard the sound of the door opening.

 

“Hyun, you okay?”

 

Without having to look up, she recognized Seulgi’s gentle voice and touch that was resting on her leg. Joohyun removed the book from her face and squinted to get a better look at the younger girl who was sitting at the foot of the bed. She could barely make out her girlfriend’s slightly amused smile.

 

“I wish I could see you, Seul,” Joohyun sighed. “I’m so tired of not having glasses, it’s like being groggy and half-asleep twenty-four seven.” She took the broken specs from her bedside table and attempted to wear it, but she could only sigh in exasperation. There were cracks, stretching over each glass, and the bridge of the glasses was bent. So horribly, in fact, that it squeezed Joohyun’s nose and she couldn’t focus her eyes on anything but Seulgi’s worried face.

 

“Let me be the one to adjust, okay?” Seulgi leaned in, taking the damaged piece of eyewear and set them aside. “Is this better?”

 

The bubbling mass of peach and dark brown before Joohyun’s eyes started to consolidate into a face. She laughed and shook her head.

 

“Mm, is that so?” Seulgi hummed and leaned in a bit more. She was right up in Joohyun’s space now, pressing a playful kiss to her cheek. “How about now?”

 

The older woman wasn’t used to Seulgi getting bold like this so she gulped and nodded.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter