the thing is

three of a perfect pair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Girlfriends Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy in college / Part 1.

# The time Joy meets Seulgi's girlfriends for the first time

 

Tap, tap. Seulgi tapped her pen against the table, in hopes of drowning the voice of her professor discussing about derivatives and the much more annoying voice of her so-called friend nagging her.

 

"You know, Seul. You really are beautiful. I mean, I would bang you, and that's saying something."

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes and halted her tapping, releasing an exasperated sigh directed to the girl beside her. "Joy, look-"

 

"Shush, let me finish, my dear friend," Joy brushed her off with a single flick of the hand and Seulgi knew better than to argue. At this point, she'd prefer listening to calculus than to hear Joy's advice, but it wasn't like she could ignore her passionate friend.

 

"Like I said, you're beautiful," she whispered. "But, you have to get out of your shell, you know? Share your beauty to the world, Kang, and you get the girls."

 

The tall girl winked and Seulgi had to fight the urge to slam her head to the table.

 

"But, Joy, I do have-"

 

"Seul, come on. Just listen to me, okay?"

 

'No, you listen to me. I don't have a girlfriend, because I have two of them' is what she wanted to say but she frustratedly ran her hand through her hair instead. She was more than grateful when their professor uttered the two most awaited words: "Class dismissed".

 

She quickly stood up from her seat and made way through the crowded concourse. She knew Joy was following her when an arm slung around her shoulders.

 

When they were almost at the doorway, just past a crowd of students, her heart quickened and her breath hitched when she caught sight of her girlfriend waiting just outside the door, waving at her with the most breathtaking smile. Joohyun. If it weren't for Joy clinging to her, Seulgi would've immediately ran to her arms, cheesy as it may sound.

 

Seulgi quickened her pace while carelessly bumping to random strangers along the way and ignored Joy's protests within the lines of "Seulgi, what the hell, slow down".

 

When she reached Joohyun, she beamed, but the older woman was too occupied eyeing the tall girl who was currently all over Seulgi.

 

Oh boy, she could almost feel the jealousy emanating from her girlfriend.

 

"Hyun, you're here," she greeted and cleared , shrugging off Joy's arm that was draped around her shoulders. Thankfully, the tall girl got the message so she put one hand on her own waist instead, looking down at Joohyun with a glare.

 

Joohyun wasn't one to back down and returned an equally intense eye contact.

 

Before things would get out of hand, Seulgi decided to break the suffocating atmosphere by awkwardly laughing ㅡ a little too high-pitched to be real.

 

Finally, one of the two girls spoke, and it was Joy.

 

"Who are you?" It was said with a biting tone that Seulgi was actually nervous about Joohyun's reaction. Surprisingly, her girlfriend was calm and composed.

 

Seulgi decided it was high time to introduce her to her friend to prevent further misunderstandings.

 

"Uh, Joy, she's my-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter