one drunken night

three of a perfect pair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Irene and Wendy brought home a drunk Seulgi.

Seulgi woke up to an arm tightly wrapped around her torso and legs entangled around her bare ones. She caught a whiff of lavender pressed against her neck, eyelashes tickling the exposed skin, which made her reflexively turn to the other direction. Upon hearing barely audible snores and incoherent mumbles from the other side, her lids slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the rays of light that managed to have leaked in from the linen curtains.

 

Her eyes immediately settled on the two girls currently sprawled across the crumpled sheets of satin, bodies pressed against her own. After basking to the view of dark and blonde tresses illuminated by the natural glow of sunlight, Seulgi looked down to realize that she was wearing Seungwan’s one of many oversized shirts with the faint scent of Joohyun’s favorite fabric conditioner. Her lower region was bare except for her underwear.

 

They must have changed my clothes last night, she thought.

 

The sudden searing pain on her forehead compelled her to close her eyes once more as she tried to recall the blur of events that happened the night before.

 

It was a Friday night – and Friday nights always meant a night out to the club for Kang Seulgi, solely for the purpose of unwinding from stress she receives from work. Of course, Friday nights wouldn’t be complete without the presence of her two girlfriends, who would always eagerly accompany her to make sure she gets home safe (and to ward off girls and guys who have eyes on their baby bear, but Seulgi, forever oblivious, didn’t need to know that).

 

Seulgi remembered dragging the two slightly reluctant girls to the dance floor.

 

“Hey, cub, slow down,” Seungwan chuckled while Joohyun laughed softly, and Seulgi thought that the beautiful harmony coming from her girlfriends was the only sound she could hear at that moment, despite the reverberating bass and electronic music all across the crowded room.

 

“No one’s going to steal the spotlight from you when it comes to dancing, baby.”

 

The liquor courage and confidence she thought she had slightly faltered when she felt a soft pair of lips against her palm and Joohyun’s words brushing against the skin there. Seulgi gripped Seungwan’s hand that was holding her and shyly muttered, “Shut up.”

 

The sound of laughter and the sensation of chaste kisses died down in her memory. The next thing she recalled was her dancing wholeheartedly without reservations to the music of the DJ’s party playlist and her girlfriends’ voices.

 

“Wannie, Hyun,” she called them over the blaring noise, the alcohol coursing through her veins activating her aegyo bone that the two sober women could only share a cackle. She could hear Seungwan telling Joohyun, “She’s completely drunk, love” to which the latter amusedly shook her head.

 

“Yes, Seul?”

 

Seulgi jumped on the balls of her feet excitedly before positioning herself to Michael Jackson’s famous pose for ‘Thriller’ – hand holding a non-existent hat over her head with body crouched and feet on tiptoes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter