I see you

Innate
"This cannot be happening!", She gazed down at her feet, feeling mortified by what she saw. 
"How the heck did I manage to gain 4 pounds?! I was on a diet for god's sake!". Maintaining weight was always a challenge for Selena. After being bullied through school for being 'overweight', the girl did whatever she could to not let history repeat after shedding most of her weight. She was not a skinny girl by any means, but she did have a petite body which she worked hard to achieve. It was not easy. 
She sighed, stepping off the scale. She had to get ready to get to university, with another shift at work straight after. 
 
Her name was unusual amongst her peers. Her mother had chosen it for her. She had always loved it. 
Selena loved her mother dearly. A strong woman with a big heart who sacrificed her youth staying with a man with no love in his heart, just so Selena had a father figure in her life. Though, the young girl questioned that. Her father had never even asked about what his daughter does in her daily life. He had not hugged her since she was a little girl. The love of a man. Questionable. 
 
She kissed her mom on her cheek and left for her classes. Just like any other day.
 
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
Jaejoong stared blankly at the sky, boredom eating away at his soul. 
"Sir, we have a meeting in half an hour, please don't be late this time, Director Ji Sung did not appreciate the wait last time." His assistant stood behind him. 
" I know, but you know full well, he only wants our company to produce their advertisements. A little wait won't kill that arrogant old ". Jae scoffed. 
At the age of 22, he had already taken over his father's advertising company. No one could challenge this decision either. After all, he was 'very' good at portraying other people's vision. If the price was right, of course. 
Five years later, the man had practically everything one could want. He was an attractive guy; he understood that without a doubt. Girls wanted his attention. He wanted theirs. However, he laughed at the word 'commitment'. Why stick with one attractive girl for the rest of your life when you have been blessed with everything? There is no harm casually seeing women, as long as it doesn't end with the word love.
 
"Also, sir, your Director Kim asked you to order the curtains for his new vacation home." 
Jaejoong turned around with a raised brow " Why ask me? Send one of the staff or something". 
The assistant, Changmin raised his brow in return "Because your father told me to tell YOU to select the fabric of your liking and do it yourself. Sir, I urge you to stop being lazy when it comes to home errands. Besides, I'm pretty sure you don't want to say no to him, now do you?". Changmin smirked. 
Jaejoong frowned in response. "FINE, I'll go today. Clear my schedule after 5. I'll get it over with then. Also, Stop calling me sir when we are alone? You're my best friend. It gets awkward. 
"Sorry, I forget sometimes. Clearly, I've been spending way too much time at work under your presence". 
The two men laughed in sync, walking off their company rooftop. Meetings were considered the downside of the job for Jaejoong. 
 
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
It was a cold day considering spring had already hit. Selena rushed off to work just like any other Monday; her busiest day. There was never enough time to squeeze lunch in on a Monday. She had 6 hours of lectures with no breaks in between. As soon as University ended, she had just about enough time to make it to her workplace in one piece. 
 
Mondays . 
 
She worked at a high-end department store. She specialised in furnishing fabrics. Not the liveliest place to work, but it was a professional environment and it helped pay the bills. The technical side will always be regarded painful. 
 
"Hey girl!" Mi na greeted her. 
"Hi, Mi na, sorry I'm a little late" She straightened out her outfit. Her workplace was very strict about their appearance. She wore a black fitted dress, with a blazer. 
"It's fine, the manager is still on her break, she won't know" her work colleague giggled as she walked away with a bunch of files in her hands, leaving Selena by herself on the shop floor. 
 
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
Changmin drove Jaejoong to Jamie Kings, a huge department store, known for their collection of designer curtains. 
'Shim, come in with me?" 
"Nope, unfortunately, whenever you clear your schedule, it always increases my list, because guess who has to do half of your tasks? Me". His assistant sarcastically commented.  Changmin kicked his boss out the car and drove off, leaving Jae to complete this utterly nonsensical task alone. 
 
After standing on two flights of escalators, he had reached the third floor; the furnishing fabric department. Never had he seen so much fabric in person before. This wasn't as painful as he imagined. Now he just had to use his visual instinct following the themes of the vacation house and choose curtains to compliment the environment. 
 
 
He saw a girl by the computers, typing for her life. She puzzled but looked like she knew what she was doing (If that makes any sense). 
She was cute. Her expressions supported her innocence. He liked that. 
Her red ombre was flattering, it framed around her face nicely. Pleasantly. 
 
He wanted her attention. 
"I see you, beautiful".