Chapter 6

Lace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ewon

Ewon slipped carefully out of the bed and grabbed his robe from it's hook on the back of the bedroom door. He peeked at Nichkhun, but there was no sign of movement from beneath the covers. Ewon glanced at the clock beside his bed, and saw with a shock that it was only six-thirty.

Since when do I wake up this early on a Sunday?

That might have had something to do with the gorgeous man who'd spent the night in his bed. Another glance took in the puddle of silk on the carpet that was the lingerie he'd removed before climbing beneath the sheets.

Yeah. Ewon's stomach tightened, and he hastened from the room, opening and closing the door as quietly as he could.

In the kitchen, he filled the kettle to make coffee, and gazed at the beautiful summer's morning outside his window. It had all the hallmarks of being a lovely day, the sun was already rising in a cloudless sky, and the birds were singing.

Why isn't my heart singing along with them? Because, all things considered, it damn well ought to be.

He'd had with Nichkhun. Nichkhun! And God, such amazing too. Nichkhun had turned out to be as considerate in bed as Ewon had imagined, and the way they'd fitted.... Perfect.

So what's wrong?

And just like that, Ewon was back to that puddle of silk.

He'd loved every minute of the previous night. He'd never had a partner like Nichkhun, and quite frankly, now that he'd sampled what Nichkhun was capable of, Ewon wanted more. Their ual chemistry, on top of their friendship, was more than he could ever have hoped for, and Ewon found himself hoping that this could be the start of something. The start of us.

Only one thing kept him from doing a happy dance.

He was unsure of Nichkhun's motives. He knew it sounded stupid. He knew he should just be happy that they'd finally ended up ing. It was just....

Some tiny part of him was concerned that the reason they'd ended up in bed was not so much Nichkhun wanting to him, but more a case of Nichkhun being all about the kink. And if that were true, where did that leave Ewon?

Would I be happy to go along with it, if that was the only reason Nichkhun wanted to be with me?

Right then, Ewon didn't know the answer to that particular question.

"Morning." Nichkhun stood in the doorway to the kitchen, yawning and scratching his balls through his T-shirt that just about covered them.

Ewon had to smile and his gaze flickered down to Nichkhun's crotch, before looking him in the eye "So, this is it then? One night together, and we've already bypassed the social niceties to arrive at the 'scatching my balls in front of my partner' stage?" he rolled his eyes "What a prince. And to think they said Romance was dead."

Nichkhun snorted, but then he grew still "Partner?"

Ewon's pulse quickened "Well, yeah." inside he wanted to curl up into a tiny ball. What the hell got into me? He never ed on a first date. He never just assumed that his feeling would be reciprocated. So what made Nichkhun different? What was it about Nichkhun that made Ewon abandon his good sense?

And there was his answer.

It was Nichkhun, pure and simple. The man to whom Ewon had lost his heart so many years ago.

Ewon inhaled deeply and prepared to step off the precipice "I don't know about you, but I don't let someone in my bed unless I'm...serious about them." he swallowed and hoped to God, Nichkhun wasn't about to break his heart less than twelve hours after Ewon had given it to him. Because even if it was Ewon's little kink that drew Nichkhun's interest, Ewon would take it, if it meant he got Nichkhun in his life.

Nichkhun's eyes widened ". You think I'd.... , no. I don't just dive into bed with anyone, man." he crossed the kitchen floor in three long strides and took Ewon in his arms. Nichkhun smiled "I kinda assumed that yeah, we were an item now." 

Ewon was glad of Nichkhun's strong arms around him, because right then his legs were shaking. Thank you, God. Ewon leaned up on his toes and kissed him on the cheek.

Nichkhun frowned "That's all I get?"

Ewon laughed "When I've brushed my teeth, there might be more where that came from."

Nichkhun's stomach chose that moment to give a damn loud rumble, and Nichkhun gave him a sheepish grin "Maybe after breakfast?"

Ewon could wait that long.

 

 

Nichkhun

"So what now?"

Nichkhun cocked his head to one side "Do you mean once I've finished my coffee? Or are we talking more metaphorically?" his head was full of an idea he'd had when he'd sat un in bed that morning, and glimpsed a pile of black prettiness on the floor. He'd snuck a look at his phone while Ewon was in the bathroom, and all Nichkhun wanted was to get out of there and do some checking out.

Except that leaving had now taken on a new meaning.

Now he would be leaving his...boyfriend.

. I have a boyfriend.

Ewon chuckled "I meant, what are you doing with the rest of your Sunday? Did you have any plans before they all got changed because you slept here last night?"

Ahh. Nichkhun seized the opportunity Ewon had just handed him "Well, now that you mention it, I had a list of things to do today. Much as I've loved spending time with you, I've only really got this afternoon to get done."

He hated the wasy Ewon's expression clicked into neutral, as though he was masking his emotions. Maybe he is. Maybe he's disappointed. After all, he's just gained a boyfriend too.

"But-" Nichkhun continued quickly "-there's something I'd like us to do next Saturday. It does require some research on my part, however."

"Research?" Ewon's eyes gleamed "What are you up to?"

Nichkhun grinned "All shall be revealed." if this fell through, he'd come up with another way to treat Ewon. Except he was really hopping it wouldn't "Unfortunately that means I need to go."

Ewon nodded, only now a hint of sadness had crept into those gorgeous eyes "I figured. As long as I get to see you next weekend."

Nichkhun knew how to put a smile on his new boyfriend's face "How about we spend all next weekend together? If we decide to do that, and try to get our usual stuff done during the week...."

It was Ewon's turn to grin "I like that. And it will be something to look forward to after a week of slaving over a hot calculator." he winked "Accountancy humour."

Nichkhun clutched his chest "Accountants have a sense of humour?" he said dramatically horrified.

Ewon narrowed his gaze "Do you like your balls where they are?" then he folded his arms across his chest "And to prove my point..."

Nichkhun groaned "No. Please, God, no. Tell me you're not about to bring out a deluge of accountant jokes." his heart soared to see Ewon so relaxed and at ease. Like we were always meant to be together. Now that was a sobering thought. I owe my present happiness to the fact that I flirted with a guy at the gym.

"All right, you asked for it." Ewon began to walk toward him, eyes locked on Nichkhun "An accountant is someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had in a way you don't understand."

Nichkhun kept his expression straight "Please, let me know when you say something funny. I'll tell my face."

Ewon took another step, only now Nichkhun started to back away from him, until the couch hit him in the back of his legs "Where do homeless accountants live? In a tax shelter."

Nichkhun grimaced "ooh. I might have felt a little something then, but.... No."

Ewon arched his eyebrows "I see." he pushed Nichkhun down onto the couch, Nichkhun half falling onto it "Why do economists exist? So that accountants have someone to laugh at."

Nichkhun snorted "God, you're really bad at this, aren't you? And to think all the trouble we went through when we were kids, were your ideas."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter