Chapter 3

Lace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ewon

Ewon folded up the last of his laundry and put it away. A glance at the clock beside his bed made him smile. Plenty of time to go to the gym. He liked his Sunday ritual. Up bright and early to get his washing done, then off to the gym with Nichkhun to try and keep in shape. It wasn't enough, but it was something. Of course, the last three months had been a little different. Nichkhun had actually been ther, but only in spirit really. he'd spent his time talking with Victoria, keeping her company on reception. That was if he went at all. Sometimes Ewon would receive a text telling him his buddy was off doing something else.

Ewon had quickly realized that going to the gym alone . He missed the banter between them, the competitive edge when they were in weights room-although he can't grow more muscles than he already has his streght was no less than that of those with muscles that weighted as much as his entire body, so he could keep up with Nichkhun-the way they chatted while on the treadmil and the rowing machines. For him, going there was more than a means to get fit. For Ewon it was s social occasion, a chance to spend time with his best friend, And he felt the disruption to his ritual more than he could say.

Ewon pulled open the drewers to get out his gym gear and shove it into his bag, along with a towel for the shower. He needed a good workout. He'd spend more hours than usual at his desk the previous week, and his knuckles were crying out for some exercise with the punching bag. Not to mention he had a hangover to work off. That just left a text to Nichkhun, to find out what time they were going.

'Hey. U going 2 the gym? U didn't say yesterday.'

Ewon hoped they'd get a chance to talk, especially after the way things had ended on Saturday. We need to get back to being us. He wasn't about to get his hopes up: Nichkhun's shocking announcement did not mean he was suddenly about to declare an interest in dating Ewon, no matter how much Ewon might desire that very thing. No, Ewon would be perfectly happy if they could pick up where they'd left off, before Nichkhin had gotten up enough nerve to ask Victoria out on a date.

Yeah, and that was weird. Nichkhun wasn't the nervous type. And it wasn't as if he hadn't dated before. There had been a few girls on the scene over the few years, nothing that lasted, sure, but enough to show he liked women. Except his previous girlfriends had been nothing like Victoria.

Ewon shook his head. Victoria was bold, loud, and sarcastic, with a body you couldn't help but notice. She kept in shape, and from what she displayed, very flexible, so she was a great advert for the gym. And it had been clear from Day One when she first began to work on the reception desk that she had the hots for Nichkhun.

She has good taste, that's why.

Nichkhun was well built, with muscles in all the right places, and just enough body fat that you knew he didn't eat, live and sleep in the gym. Shaggy brown hair, the perfect nose, and those dark brown eyes accompanied by two cute and thick eyebrows that never failed to send shivers down Ewon's spine. He joked to Nichkhun about getting his hair cut, and yet what was really on the tip of his tongue was 'Don't you ing dare'. On those long nights when sleep proved elusive, Ewon would get out his Fleshjack, close his eyes and imagine he holding onto those shaggy locks while Nichkhun's mouth was on him, him deep, swallowning his to the root....

His phone pinged, shattering the extremely pleasant thought. One lance at the message had Ewon's heart plummeting.

'Sorry. Forgot to mention I was coming early. Already here.'

Ewon stared at the words, tying not to read between the lines, trying to ignore the hurt the message ignited in him. He went without me. He didn't even call.

Nichkhun's message only served to strengthen Ewon's belief from the previous day. He doesnt want to face me. He's too embarrased. It took a moment for another reason to creep into his mind.

He doesn't want me there because he's chatting up Wooyoung, and I'd only cramp his style.

Yeah. That made sense. It was a week later, no Victoria in the picture anymore, and he could flirt with Wooyoung to his heart's content. The more Ewon thought about it, the more he could picture it in his mind. Nichkhun on his back, pushing weights, while Wooyoung stood at his head spotting him, his tenting those loose-fittinf shorts he always wore, the ones that made it so obvious he was freeballing...

Another ping broke his train of thought.

'Want 2 join me? Almost done though.'

Ewon was nobody's fool. If he really wanted me there, he would have asked before now. Maybe Ewon's lack of response had sent Nichkhun on a guilt trip. He didn't want that, not for a second.

Ewon's thumbs flew over the keypad.

'Nah, we're good. I'll catch u another time. Enjoy. Work that body!'

Seconds later he had Nichkhun's response.

'LOL Will do.'

Ewon stuffed his phone into the pocket of his jeans. He knew he could always go to the gym on his own. But the thought of running into Nichkhun, watching him shoot the breeze with Wooyoung, watching the two of them circle each other like a pair of dogs in heat...

Whoa. Steady on.

He didn't know for sure that was happening, right? So what if Nichkhun had admitted to flirting with Wooyoung? That didn't mean he was doing it right that second. That didn't mean Nichkhun had expressly not told Ewon so he could flirt without audience.

That way of thinking was not good.

Ewon closed his eyes and took a moment to breathe, to regain his composure. Just get on with your day and put him away from you mind.

Yeah. Like that was about to happen.

 

 

Nichkhun

Nichkhun put his phone away and did his best not to think about Ewon. His chest tightened as he pictured Ewon's face. It didn't matter that Ewon was miles away-it was as if Nichkhun could feel the hurt radiating from him.

I couldn't face him. Just...couldn't. Maybe in a week's time, Nichkhun could put that whole conversation behind him, but right then it still felt to raw. besides, being around Ewon just messed up Nichkhun's wiring. He knew that after five or ten more minutes of talking, he'd have spilled everything-why he'd gone out with Victoria in the first place, for one thing. Because let's face it, that had nothing to do with fancying her and everything to do with using her as some kind of a shield.

Nichkhun went to the lateral pull-down and attempted to shut off his mind, shut out the thoughts that had plagued him ever since he'd fled Ewon's place.

"So, about last Saturday."

Wooyoung's voice filtered through Nichkhun's consciousness, and he bit back a groan. Oh God, no. This was all he needed.

God apparently wasn't listening, because Wooyoung was walking over to stand in front of him.

"Hmm?" Nichkhun brazened it out, acting dumb "Did you say something?"

Wooyoung quirked his eyebrows, and Nichkhun could almost hear the unspoked question 'Are you ting me?'.

"I was asking about last Saturday." Wooyoung said, lowering his voice "Only, I've got a couple of questions."

No, no questions, Nichkhun's brain hammered. Please, Wooyoung, for the love of God, just forget it?

God still wasn't listening.

"So, was that frirting with me cos you wanted to make the girlfriend jealous, keep her on her toes and send her a warning not to take you for granted? In which case it backfired big time, judging by the look on Victoria's face." Wooyoung paused to take a breath "Or was that you really flirting with me, because you've got the hots for me, you're genuinely interested, and that waas your way of attracting my attention?" Wooyoung grinned "Cos I have to say, if it was the latter, it really worked." Wooyoung winked at him "And if what I've heard on the grapevine is true, then you're a single man again."

Oh God. Kill me now.

"Of cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter