Chapter 1

Lace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ewon

"You take sugar in your coffee, don't you?"  Ewon called out as he spooned coffee into the mugs.

"Nah, gave it up." Nichkhun called back "I'm sweet enough."

Ewon smiled to himself. Never a truer word was spoken. Nichkhun was all kinds of sweet, alwasy had been since they were kids. Ewon's mom used to say Nichkhun didn't have a mean bone in his body, and she had a point. Nichkhun was the peacemaker, the one who could always see everyone's point of view, and as a result, everyone liked him.

Ewon really liked him, but that was another story.

He poured boiling water into the mugs, before reaching into the fridge for the milk "You still haven't told me what you're doing here."

He caught Nichkhun's snort "Wow. Feeling the love. Do I need a reason to visit my best friend on the weekend?"

"No, of course you don't." Ewon put the milk away. When he spied the packet of chocolate-covered biscuits standing next to the biscuit tin, he grinned. The way to a man's heart, and all that. And the way to Nichkhun's heart was definitely chocolate.

Except his heart's taken, remember? Victoria? The receptionist from the gym?

Ewon didn't want to remember. Nichkhun and Victoria had been dating for about three months, ever since Nichkhun had taken the plunge and asked her out. Hence the reason why his visits had become more infrequent. Considering that he and Nichkhun had previously spet a good deal of their weekends together, Ewon wasn't coping well with the separation. Of course, it didn't help matters that he'd been in love with his best friend for virtually the whole time they'd known each other.

Not that I'm ever going to share that particular piece of information.

A lot of Ewon's gay friends ofthen told tales about seducing straight guys, but that wasn't Ewon. What made him even more sceptical was that a lot of their stories revolved around copious amount of alcohol and subsequent loosening of inibitions. When Ewon brought a guy to his bed, it had to be because they both knew what they wanted.

The thought made his heart sink. And when was the last time you brought a guy home? Long enough that he was thinking about buying shares in a complany that manufactured lube...

Ewon pushed down hard on his brief flare of frustration, and carried the mugs and biscuits through the living room where Nichkhun was sprawled on the couch, shoes kicked off, long legs crossed at the ankles. . He had bare feet. There was something about bare feet that really pushed Ewon's buttons.

Except that bare feet could be added to a list of Ewon's buttons, and as buttons went, that was one of the more innocuous ones.

Nichkhun craned his neck to look at Ewon, placing his phone face down on his belly. His eyes lit up "Aw, choccy biscuits. Best Friend Ever!" he scrambled into a sitting position and reached for the packed "How did you know? God, I need a chocolate fix."

Ewon chuckled "When do you not need a fix?" he put Nichkhun's mug on the coffee table, before taking the armchair, curling up in it and tucking his feet under him.

Nichkhun tore open the packet and the top biscuit shattered into a million crumbs all over his jeans, sprinkling themselves onto the carpet ". Sorry."

"Leave it. I'll run the vacuum cleaner round later."

Nichkhun nodded and tipped what crumbs were left carefully onto the table. He took out a biscuit and bit into it "Mmm, plain chocolate. My fave." he said around a mouthful of digestive. As he got another out of the packet, he sighed "Can't remember the last time I had chocolate."

"Really? How many times have you been here and there hasn't been chocolate in some form or another?" thenEwon smiled "I forgot. You haven't been around here for a while." he kept his tone light. It was the closest he'd get to cesure, and the moment he said the words, he feard he'd gone too far.

Fortunately, Nichkhun appeared to have missed that part "Yeah, well, I've been watching my figure, haven't I?" he said gloomily.

"What the for?" Ewon gazed incredulously at Nichkhun's toned body, the well-defined arms, the muscled thighs encased in tight jeans. He knew exactly what gorgeous body looked like-he'd seen it often enough when he accompanied Nichkhun to the gym. Although he always made sure to avoid taking a shower at the same time as Nichkhun.

Ewon didn't need any more torture.

"Had to keep in shape for Victoria, didn't I?" Nichkhun huffed "Not that it matters anymore."

Wait-what?

"Why not?" Ewon's heart hammered as his mind leaped to the obvious answer. They've split up. he's single again.

Not that either of those options did Ewon any good. There was no way he was about to make a move on his very straight best friend.

Nichkhun shifted on the couch, until he was perched on the edge of the seat cushion, his hands wrapped around the mug "We had a huge row last weekend." he confessed quietly "Then she dumped me."

In spite of his racing heartbeat at the confirmation of his hopes, Ewon felt badly for him "Aw, I'm sorry. But maybe you just need some time apart. Maybe you-"

Nichkhun shook his head "Nice thought, but it's not gonna work. Just leave it." he took another biscuit from the packet and gazed at it in appreciation "Hey, at least I can get to fill my face with choccy biscuits again, right?" he gave a half smile.

Ewon wasn't fooled by the attempt at humour.

"Wait aminute. You too were together for three months. That has to mean somethig, right? For all you know, this is just a hiccup." Ewon insisted. He loved Nichkhun enough to want him to be happy,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter