Part II

A F F E C T I O N
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 2


 

After that unexpected conversation with him, things in school changed a bit. It was a bit unusual for me to have someone waiting by my locker in the morning, buying me cream bread during break time, or having someone walk with me to the bus stop. Yoongi did all of that without me asking. I was afraid to ask because he seemed to know what he was doing.

 

During the practice, I was assisting the other players with their records while Yoongi was under the manager’s eyes. With all the things Yoongi was doing to me, I couldn’t help but notice him. I kept glancing at from afar. He seemed to behave differently while practicing.

 

“Ya, did you get my stat?” I shook my head when one of the players approached me with a frown. I was a bit in shock and at lost of words when he asked me about the stats again.

 

 

“C-can you do it again? I didn’t notice you already ran,” I said as I fidget on the pencil I was holding. Player No. 4 named Jiwoon was standing in front of me tired and annoyed. “Please?”

 

“Seriously? Do you think it’s easy to run that fast?” he snapped and began pushing his finger to my shoulder. He was pushing me so hard that it became painful. “You f***ing useless manager!”


 

“I’m sorry,” I held myself from crying but Jiwoon kept pushing me until I fell on the floor. “Sorry,”


 

“Why are you even a manager here?” he scoffed. I didn’t dare to look at him because I was scared. “Loser,” he spat but then I saw another pair of shoes stepped in my view. Then I saw a hand extended to me. I followed where it led and I saw Yoongi smiling at me. I was hesitant to hold his hand thinking it would create another problem. I shook my head and helped myself up but Yoongi grabbed my arm and helped me stand up. I noticed everyone was looking at us.


 

“You okay?” Yoongi asked and I nodded.


 

“Since when do you care about this useless manager?” Jiwoon asked him. And for the first time, Yoongi’s expression turned dark as he turned to face Jiwoon. Without a word, I threw his fist onto Jiwoon’s face and caused him to fall on the floor.

 

I stood there frozen while watching Jiwoon wincing in pain and some players came to rescue and others held Yoongi close.


 

 



 

I was standing outside the faculty room waiting for Yoongi to come out. Jiwoon left earlier because he needed treatment for his bruise. I stood their anxiously thinking if the problem I caused will have a bad effect on Yoongi. It was my fault. I was not paying attention to the stats.

 

I jolted when the door slid open and Yoongi walked out of the office.


 

“Yoongi,” I spoke and he turned to me surprised.


 

“Rui, why are you here?”


 

“I- I was waiting for you,” I bit my lip, I couldn’t make myself walk towards him. I was so embarrassed and hesitant. Even though it was just a step forward it could mean something for both us. Yoongi stepped in to save me from Jiwoon a while ago, and here I am hesitant and afraid.


 

“Really?” he asked, I looked at him and he was already walking towards me. Then he grabbed my hand and dragged me away from the office. Yoongi’s hand was giving me electric sparks that caused me to blush really hard as we ran through the hallway. I was looking at the back of his neck, I have no idea how far should we run and who are we running away from? Until we both reached the locker doors. We stopped but Yoongi was still holding my hand. Both of us were panting. Yoongi turned to me, sweat flowing from his temples, he was chasing his breath.


 

“I’m sorry, I-”


 

“Shh,” he hushed as he placed his finger on my lips and ushered me to stay low. I nodded even though I have no idea what he was up to. I followed him stealthily as we pass by the locker doors. Then he stopped when we heard a couple of people talking behind the doors. The voice was owned by Jiwoon and the other players who turned against Yoongi because of what happened earlier. We both listened to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter