Part I

A F F E C T I O N
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I.


 

I closed my eyes and made a wish. I was in the school park clearing my mind while listening to a song. I was sitting in the tree’s comfort while watching other students enjoy the sunlight as a group, by a couple or alone like me. I enjoyed solitude a lot and it makes me happy, but deep in my heart I always longed for a companion. Like someone who would enjoy the same music as I do, talk nonsense jokes and just enjoy being under the shady tree.


 

“Mind if I join?” I was into listening to the song that I almost fell asleep when I felt someone stood in front of me. I opened my eyes and it was a guy from the other class, Yoongi. I jolted a bit and quickly scooted to the other side to give him space. Yoongi and I were on the basketball team. I was an assistant manager yet a useless one. He was the team captain and when I thought team captains are the rudest members of the team, Yoongi was different. He was the nicest person, a little bit prickly but he is nice. He speaks and smiles less which makes him attractive in some way.

 

 

He sat beside me and placed his bag on the other side and leaned back on the tree’s trunk. “Whoa, I didn't know it's good here,” he commented.


 

“Your first time?” I asked as I pulled my earphones out and decided to listen to him. Yoongi and I rarely talk so I don't want to let this chance slip. “It’s always good to relax under a tree,”


 

“That is why you're against the park’s renovation,” he commented and turned to me. I had a moment of shock when our eyes met and I immediately turned away. I didn't expect he'd turn when I was looking at him. “I agree, there's nothing better than having more trees around this school, right?”



 

“Right,” I nodded, I was still in shock and speechless.


 

“Right,” he repeated and then he fell quiet for a moment before he spoke again, “Hey, I'm sorry but I don't want to offend you. Is your name Rui?” He asked and I suddenly choked on myself and began to laugh.


 

“You're talking to me but you don’t know my name,” I laughed.


 

“I'm sorry, it's just that I only know you by face— we rarely talk and I think this is a first time for both of us. What do you think?” He said with a grin.



 

“Well, I agree with that,” I nodded and he extended his hand to me. I held his hand gave it a light squeeze saying, “I'm Rui, and you are Yoongi.”

 

 

 

“It’s quite unfair that you know my name but I didn't know yours,” he said while pouting a bit. “Now I finally got to know our team's assistant manager—” he said with a soft gently clap after we pulled our hands away. There was another silence that fell between us. Yoongi was looking at me as if he was scanning my face. I felt uncomfortable that I casually rubbed the back of my neck and cleared my throat to avert his attention. “Oh, sorry.”


 

“You were staring at me-” I commented a little bit embarrassed to point that out. But Yoongi just nodded and really admitted that he stared at me. “Do I have something on my face?”


 

He shook his head and hugged his knees close to his chest and chuckled, “Nothing. You look like someone I know, but not sure who that was,” he said.


 

“Oh,” that was all the came out of my mouth.


 

“Rui-ssi, are you always this quiet?” He asked. I paused and bit my bottom lip for a moment before I turned to him and nodded. “Is it because you’re alone or?”


 

“I enjoy solitude a lot,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter