Wherever I am, I’m special

Incognitus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Why are they here? Lisa never mentioned they'd enroll here.'

 

 

Jisoo scratched her head and turned to the hallway, a small towel on her hand. She hasn't got the chance to talk to them since they were called to the principal's office and Lisa hasn't replied her message.

 

 

'Who would look after the shop then? Was Jennie lying? Is this even happening?' She looked at her feet as she was walked to her locker.

 

 

These thoughts had plagued her mind since she was cleaning and it frustrated her that more questions just arises every time and not even a single answer.

 

 

'Maybe—'

 

 

“Ouch. Lisaaaa--”

 

 

“Watch were you're going.”

 

 

Her smile faded when she saw different people instead of the former. She didn't expect these students would still be here at this hour.

 

 

“I'm sorry I didn't mean to-”

 

 

“What? Not using your eyes? Lost in thoughts again? Weirdo.” Momo sneered and the three of them laughed.

 

 

“Lisa? That's new girl right? The one who couldn't keep still? Why? Are you friends with her? Let's see after we teach her a lesson.” Jihyo smirked.

 

 

“No--”

 

 

“What? Still have something to say?” She was being pushed by the shoulder but and she just kept her head down.

 

 

“Why what's wrong? You haven't learned your lesson yet cheater?”

 

 

That's it for Jisoo. She never really liked not given the chance to answer then getting asked again.

 

 

“I am not a cheater and all of us here know that.” she spat. She saw Momo's face contorted to anger and the next thing she knew she was pushed against the locker, head hitting the hard surface.

 

 

“Say that again huh?”

 

 

“I didn't cheat—” She felt a sting the moment Momo's palm came in contact with her cheek making her more dizzy. She blinked the tears that threatened to flow.

 

 

With the state she's in, running wasn't an option when the three ganged up to her.

 

 

“Oi.”

 

 

Four heads turned to owner of the voice who was standing with her arms crossed at the foot of the stairs. The intruder sighed.

 

 

“Man I thought I'd only see this in dramas. Well, at least in dramas the bullies looked..stronger.”

 

 

“What did you say?” the girl with short hair asked.

 

 

“And for goodness' sake stop asking. I know you heard me correctly so what's the point of asking again?”

 

 

“Do you want to--” Chaeyoung, however, was stopped by Momo before she could go near the intruder.

 

 

“Kim Jennie isn't it?” Momo started.

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“Don't think for a second I didn't notice how rude you were during your introduction but since you're new, let me educate you a bit.” she smirked and the others snickered.

 

 

With their attention shifted, Jisoo could now get a full view of Jennie standing with a bored look. She prayed she wouldn't say something stupid to worsen the situation.

 

 

“ A bit of educating is good but I'd rather it doesn't come from you guys.” she popped a bubble with her gum.

 

 

Chaeyoung and Jungyeon took a step but Momo just scoffed and ignored her.

 

 

“First of all, know who you're being friends with.”

 

 

“I'm kinda having an idea now.” she replied with a bored tone

 

 

“Second, you shouldn't roam around after class because bad things happen to those who are unfortunate enough to meet us when we are bored.” she said dangerously.

 

 

Jennie hummed and smiled. “I can say it applies to you too.”

 

 

This time, Jisoo closed her eyes. She prayed she would choke on her gum if that would shut her up because she can honestly see that Momo is livid as she walked towards the brunette.

 

 

“What's happening here?”

 

 

She opened her eyes to see a pair of students, their patrol badges on, standing a meter away from her. She recognized one of them, Nayeon, a classmate of theirs. She looked away when she saw her glance at her.

 

 

“This is the student council patrol. You guys over there please move away from each other.” The other boy went to Jennie and Momo who looked liked they were about to tear each other apart. Could they have been a minute late, Jisoo didn't know what could have happened.

 

 

“Hey Mark and Nayeon, good to see you guys.” Jungyeon chuckled, trying to alleviate the tension

 

 

“Students are not allowed to roam the school grounds beyond 6:00 PM, would you mind explaining why you are still here?” Nayeon asked.

 

 

“I was called at the principal's office after class to discuss something, he dismissed me a little late. ” Jennie replied in a monotone voice.

 

 

Nayeon turned to the three and Jisoo could see the smug look on Momo.

 

 

“Well the three of us lost track of time. It's a good thing the student council is working hard to remind us that we need to go now. Wouldn't happen again.” she gave her a tight lipped smile which turned to smirk.

 

 

Jisoo gritted her teeth. She hated how they could always get away with it.

 

 

“Next time we catch you guys again, it will be different. Now, please go home.” Mark dismissed them.

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

“How's your head?”

 

 

“Getting better.”

 

 

Jisoo sat quitely and adjusted the ice pack to her head. She glanced at Jennie who was focused on the road ahead while driving. The brunette had offered she go with her and was surprised when they stopped to a convenience store and bought some ice pack. She didn't want to admit it but she was thankful she came before she goes home with a purple face.

 

 

“You missed our turn.” Jisoo pointed to a street on their left.

 

 

“We're just gonna drop by somewhere.”

 

 

 

Jisoo didn't know what to think about that. She was starting to worry when they pulled up on a food stand she would always go too.

 

 

 

She got out the car and felt rejuvenated by the smell of chicken being grilled.

 

 

 

“Please order what you want.” the brunette said as she took a seat.

 

 

 

Jisoo hesistated. Why is she doing this all of a sudden--

 

 

 

“I'll pay for it.”

 

 

 

With a speed of light, the dark haired girl was gone and back with a plate of food.

 

 

 

“Thank God for the life of whoever invented chicken skewers.” the older girl clapped like a happy kid and began digging in only stopping when she noticed the brunette wasn't eating.

 

 

 

“Why aren't you eating? I got this for us to share! It's not like I can eat all of these. Don't make me look like a glutton.” the older glanced at the other people.

 

 

 

“Can't you? Really?”

 

 

 

“Ya. Why come here when you won't eat?” Jisoo dropped an empty stick for effect.

 

 

 

“I'm still full. Just eat.”

 

 

 

She gave the girl another look and lift a stick. “Fine. I'll eat it since it would just go to waste anyway. Don't think I'm not a glutton.” she threatened.

 

 

 

 

After a few moments, brunette cleared , catching the former's attention.

 

 

 

 

“By the way, I meant to ask you something.”

 

 

 

 

She looked at her for the sudden statement. Part of her expected there was something about this sudden invitation.

 

 

 

 

She picked her glass of drink. “What?”

 

 

 

 

“I had been called out to the principal's office to discuss about my schedule which turned out to be a little complicated than most students..”

 

 

 

 

The girl paused, contemplating her next words.

 

 

 

“...and there is this class that might turn out to be a little problematic.”

 

 

 

 

Jisoo nodded slowly for her to continue and grabbed another stick. In all honesty, Jisoo didn't know why the hell this Jennie Kim is telling her all this but she decided to act politely.

 

 

 

 

“That said, this is where you come in.”

 

 

 

 

Jisoo paused.

 

 

 

 

'Could it be? Does she know? Has she heard?' These questions plagued her mind as she bit the meat and gave the brunette, who seemed to be thinking as well, her full attention.

 

 

 

 

'Calm down, Jisoo. Hear her out.'

 

 

 

 

“Tutor me.”

 

 

 

A couple of heads turned to the direction of the two girls, one looking like she was about to throw her insides out. Jisoo kept hitting her chest as she tried to cough out the meat that got stuck on while the brunette was quick to apologize for the ruckus.

 

 

 

 

“Ya keep it down!” she whispered harshly, pushing the glass of water towards the dark haired girl ,who was still clinging at the table for dear life, while she chugged her own drink. Embarrassment evident on her face.

 

 

 

 

“YOU WANT ME TO TUTOR YOU?” Jisoo managed to croak which made the brunette choke on her drink too.

 

 

 

 

“For the love of God, shut it!”

 

 

 

 

The brunette's pleas for her to shut up was clouded by her shock. She couldn't process just what she had heard.

 

 

 

 

“E-excuse me? D-did you just--?”

 

 

 

 

“Y-you heard me.”

 

 

 

 

Jisoo looked at the girl in disbelief. Never in her mind did she imagine that those words would come from her. Or that the brunette was capable of showing other facial expressions other than her default resting face, as what Jisoo had seen since they met. A mixture of embarrassment and annoyance was evident on the girl's face,coupled with the girl's inability to sit still.

 

 

 

 

“Say that again?”

 

 

 

 

Kim Jisoo is not the one to hold grudges, or to take revenge for that matter, but seeing the brunette getting bothered made Jisoo think this is one of the rare moments wherein the universe conspired to set the deck on her favor.

 

 

 

“I know you heard me Kim Jisoo.” the brunnete said it sternly this time.

 

 

 

“I did, but it you weren't asking either. It was more of a statement.” she said as a matter of factly

 

 

 

 

“Then tutor me?”

 

 

 

'Wow, she's no fun.'

 

 

 

“I didn't know you joke around.''

 

 

 

 

Jisoo continued to eat where she left off when she realized the girl wouldn't take the bait. Nevertheless, she was thankful she didn't ask her to do that.

 

 

 

 

“I do not.”

 

 

 

 

She hummed. “Anyway, you seem like a smart person, I don't believe you.”

 

 

 

 

“You think I don't know that? That freaking entrance test results says the freaking otherwise.” The brunette's tone got higher which made her raise her brow too.

 

 

 

 

“....Okay?” It didn't occur to Jisoo that the girl takes her studies seriously. Too seriously to even ask her. And too seriously that she is getting worked up by mere talking about it. She didn't seem the type to ask people anyway. “I don't think it's that bad. You managed to enroll then I think you could figure yourself out.”

 

 

 

 

“Of course I can. And forget it, just finish up so we can go.” she snapped.

 

 

 

 

Jisoo began to think this girl might not just be on her period after all. She thinks she's broken somewhere. She decided to humor her since the girl is starting to look dead serious. And pissed. And because she still has 3 sticks of chicken skewers left. “Okay, let's say I do tutorials. What subject do you need tutorials on?”

 

 

 

 

“Latin.”

 

 

 

 

Jisoo didn't know one could choke on their own saliva but she did. Too many surprises for this day indeed.

 

 

 

 

“L-latin?” she whispered. She couldn't say it out loud this time. She felt her energy left her.

 

 

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

She looked in horror when she saw a smile tug at the corner of the brunette's lip.

 

 

 

 

“You don't really joke around.” She chuckled awkwardly to which the girl shook her head. “Well, too bad. I think you got the wrong person.”

 

 

 

 

“Do I?” the brunette challenged.

 

 

 

 

“Yeah. I don't even know why you chose to ask me anyway.”

 

 

 

 

“I think you have a few ideas why.”

 

 

 

 

“I don't. Why not ask other students who already took that class? I'm sure they'll be happy to help you, it's just a minor one anyway.” She shrugged

 

 

 

 

“A minor one..” the girl muttered. She couldn't understand but she knew there was trouble when the smirk was gone and her face was devoid of any emotion.

 

 

 

 

“Detention? Repeat class? Stripped off from scholarship? Yeah right, it's a minor one after all.” Her gaze was now held by a pair of glinting cat-like eyes that pierced through her.

 

 

 

 

She felt a pang of pain at the words but she managed to keep a straight face. The brunette, however, was taken aback for a moment by the lack of reaction from her.

 

 

 

“So you've heard.” she sighed.

 

 

 

 

“It's not really a secret.” she rolled her eyes as she glued her eyes to her phone screen.

 

 

 

Jisoo laughed. “This is hilarious.''

 

 

 

“I think you've gone nuts.”

 

 

 

“So are you. Why are you asking me in the first place?”

 

 

 

“You have Latin class right?”

 

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

“There you go.” she said non-cholantly, her eyes still glued to the screen

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

“That's it?”

 

 

 

The brunette drop her phone and gave her full attention, a smirk playing on her lips. “Why? You thought there was some special reason?”

 

 

 

“You barely know me!” the older said exasperatedly. “ I mean, yeah, you know me as that and we have the same class arrangement but I'm pretty sure the principal didn't recommend me to help you.”

 

 

 

“That could be arranged.”

 

 

 

Jisoo sighed, her frustration getting the better of her. “Okay, unless you give me some answers here then I'm done.”

 

 

 

She looked at the passing cars as if she doesn't want to talk anymore. Little did the brunette know she was avoiding eye contact with the last stick on her plate.

 

 

 

'Kim Jisoo have some resolve you stupi--'

 

 

 

“I don't like to attract attention with having a tutor!” she groaned and buried her face of her arms.

 

 

 

Jisoo opened and closed it as words failed her.

 

 

 

 

“I-isn't that what you're trying to do with me? Let me remind you I'm quite popular.” she said sarcastically

 

 

 

 

“So you're agreeing then?.”A smirk was playing on her lips when she sat up straight.

 

 

 

 

Brat.

 

 

 

 

“For the record you are doing a poor job at convincing me.''

 

 

 

 

She observed as the girl slumped on her seat. It must really be important that it stirred the other girl so much to have such change of attitude. She wondered when that composed Jennie Kim got replaced by a spoiled kid sitting in front of her.

 

 

 

 

“Well, just because I'm with you doesn't mean you're tutoring me right?”

 

 

 

 

She felt half of her neurons that survived the hit just died with that analogy. “Do you hear yourself? That's exactly what you're trying to show them!”

 

 

 

 

“People would just see us hanging out but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are tutoring me.” she pointed out.

 

 

 

 

“Two people together, one repeating the class and the other taking it as an additional class because she failed her entrance exam, hanging out brews the same thing : suspicion. And suspicion brings attention.” Jisoo pointed out.

 

 

 

 

“What would they be suspicious of?” the brunette asked innocently to Jisoo's frustration.

 

 

 

 

“Cheating!” Jisoo's eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter