Square 1

Incognitus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeong! I’m away to hunt pigmy puffs! This hero will get back----

 

“Dammit.”

 

The figure stopped pacing and placed her phone at the hood after dialing for the nth time. It was 12:33 AM and waiting at a deserted street, constantly hearing an old man’s cringe worthy voice mail, is clearly taking a toll to the girl.

Annyeong! I’m away---

 

She looked at the other girl sleeping, mouth open, inside the car. Before she could hope no bug would go near a treacherous opening, the girl slapped the corner of and proceeded to wipe her lips.

 

“What the hell.”

 

With a disgusted face, she turned to look at the two-story building in front of her She could barely make up the words The Athenaeum est. and whatever year that was—

 

Annyeong! I’m away to hunt pigmy---

 

“Aish Mr. Shim!”

 

* * *

“You look terrible”

 

“I didn’t ask for an honest foul-mouthed talking mirror today”

 

“Really. You do look terrible though”

 

“Aish.” She threw a cloth at him but the latter easily dodged it.

 

“Ya ya. Im just saying! You have zero chill miss” he shook his head dramatically as he picked up the cloth on the floor and handed it to her.

 

“You don’t have to keep saying it geez”

 

The girl took it not so gently and continued to wipe the counter with it.

 

“Anyway this thing is real good. What you put in it? ” He said as he took another sip of the beverage and nodded his head in satisfaction.

 

Jinyoung everyone. Jisoo would like to point out that this is the most decent thing his friend had said since this early morning. Though she will just disregard the fact that she had made that beverage the same as always and that her friend is just a complete a**, this calls for a celebration. Because a complementing Jinyoung is a miracle if you ever are unfortunate enough to be in his presence for at least an hour.

 

“Is it me or you forgot to put concealer?”

 

Or not.

 

Signs that an evil Jinyoung pokemon is around:

Sign # 1: A complementing Jingyoung is a foreshadowing of a satanic Jinyoung.

 

She smacked his arm so hard that some coffee had spilled on the floor.

 

“Ouch! Alright! No need to be violent. Okay okay..” he kept reassuring her as he started wiping his hands with tissue.

 

“I'm guessing you're having that time of the month.....multiplied 10x.”

 

“Did I already mention you talk too much for a man? If you had just help me do things then maybe I could have put some concealer already.” She nudged him out of her way as she started mopping the mess.

 

He shook his head.

 

“I don’t think so Jisoo. Helping you wouldn’t still make you realize the problem but pointing it out did—”

 

He was cut off by a dangerous glare. He raised his hand in surrender and proceeded to zip his mouth with his fingers.

 

“Thank you” she said sarcastically.

 

He had always been a chatter box. Too much for his own good. He had always been a good friend to her though. Except for times like this when she just wants to shave his head bald.

 

“But then Jisoo”

 

Sign # 2: Rare show of seriousness

 

Its a serious business when they start to call each other by their names. But then again, she braced herself for the evolution of satanic Jinyoung to scheming Jinyoung.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Sign # 3: Weird show of concern.

 

“I’m not falling for it.” she thought

 

“Oi, are you alright?” he was waving a hand to her face

 

“Eh?”

 

“Ya. Why are you still glaring at me?” he took a step back.

 

 

She shook her head mentally.

 

“Of course I’m alright. What are you talking about? And don’t mention the eyebags.”

 

“Someone’s really irritable this is hilarous.” He clicked his tongue and laughed

 

“With you pestering me early in the morning? No I’m not.”

 

He gave her a pointed look.

 

“Of course I am. It’s just migraine if you are so concern oppa” she laughed.

 

Jisoo proceeded to add coffee beans at the brewer. The smell of coffee filling the shop helping her with her headache. She was scheduled as opening shift and was surprised she made it despite her pounding head.

 

“Heol. As if”

 

But now she’s starting to think she dealt with this thing for a friend for a year and so just what is migraine compared to her.

 

That thought didn’t make her proud though.

 

“It’s not that.” He continued. “You know. School starts in two weeks.” He had hoisted himself up at the counter and throws a knowing look at Jisoo.

 

Jisoo sighed. Her relationship with the school is not really good ever since that incident. She looks at the older one and it reminded her the real reason why her pest of a friend is here so early in the morning: The pest is leaving for abroad today.

 

“I figured something out.”

 

She didn’t.

 

She expected him to annoy her further but instead, an encouraging smile came from him.

 

“Jisoo, you can do it. You’ll graduate soon enough. Your eye bags are proof of your hard work.”

 

I knew it.

 

“Ya! Why can’t you just say something nice and shut it?!”

 

He did something unexpected though. He went to give her a friendly hug and patted her back.

 

“Is this the rare soft Jinyoung pokemon?” she said out loud after they separated

 

“Don’t tell me you still set people their pokemon versions….” He said unbelievably. He would never get use to this quirk of his friend.

 

“I DO NOT!”

 

She said it too defensively. He didn’t believe her anyway.

 

“And make new friends! I know no one can replace me but still. I heard you have new neighbors”

 

“As if.”

 

“Anyway, be careful here too. Culprit is still on the loose”. He nodded his head to one side.

 

She followed his line of vision and saw a police car parked at the other side of the street, probably done with their patrolling for the night. He was referring to the incident wherein a student from their university was found badly beaten and couldn’t remember a thing when asked by the police.

Maybe a prank , but nevertheless, it still shook the town.

 

“Ha! I can just beat them up!” Jisoo flexed her arm. Trying to lighten the mood.

 

“You’re right. No one will come after you after they see how muscly you are.”

 

“GET OUT!”

 

** *

“I want eat chicken skewers~~

But if I spend too much I’ll end up at the sewers~~

Ohh chicken skewers, for you I’m a loser~~”

 

Kim Jisoo. If she had a talent aside from being weird and seeing people with pokeballs as their home, you can expect her to be singing nonsense.

 

Cling cling

Jisoo wiped her hands and turned to the cash register.

She was faced by an unfamiliar blonde who looks like she had just gotten up from bed and sleep walked to the cafe.

 

“A sleepy pokemon has appea—Jisoo stop it.” She mentally slapped herself

 

As if on cue, the girl proceeded to rub her eyes and yawn in a not so,well, girly way.

 

“Good afternoon, may I take your order?” Jisoo said in her cheerful voice trying not to smile too much by just what she had seen.

 

“Good after noon to you too!” the girl replied as cheerfully.S he then pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter