Courage

OUT OF THE BLUE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The rooster had it's morning noise heard at the neighborhood. The sound of cicadas were soothing to the ears. The rays of sunshine are still cold to the skin though it's rise has been a marvelous sight. It was the first light of the morning yet people are so busy preparing. 

 

The girl had woken up from her not so deep slumber. She got up from her bed and arranged it neatly. She walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth and to pee. She combed her hair using her hand. She requested a leave for three days from work to attend an event. An event that could change her life forever. 

 

 

Lisa drank coffee and ate pancakes. It taste good but she can't appreciate those pleasant taste. She made her coffee black because it was so late when she fell asleep. Her head ached that she massage her temples from time to time. She was in deep thinking when her mother came in rushing to the coffee table in the kitchen.

 

 

 

"Hey, make haste. Shower now or you'll be late. You don't want to be late. You're dress is in your closet. I cleaned it already.", her mother giggled feeling excited but made her way out with haste.  She didn't even bother to wait for her answer. She lazily drank the last drops of coffee and ate what was left in the plate. She then, fix the table and put the plate and cup in the sink, never bother to wash them. 

 

 

 

Lisa made her way to her room then to the bathroom to take a quick shower. It's just 7 o'clock in the morning. She never needed to make haste because the event will be at 10 in the morning. She had at least three hours to prepare. She took a cold shower. She couldn't feel the coldness of the water. Lisa became numb when she first heard the news. She was just under the shower. Her tears were flowing together with the water. She looked up and let the water harassed her eyes. She just opened them but she can't feel the pain that the rushing water was giving her eyes. She never sobbed. She just punched the wall of the bathroom. She couldn't do anything. It was as if the world was turning upside down. Her head ached because of lack of sleep and drinking alcohol. But the ache that's inside her chest was slowly, excruciatingly killing her. 

 

 

She was in the shower for a longer time because she needed to collect herself from grief that's succumbing her whole being. The obscuring light that was still guiding her way was now slowly dimming and all she could see was a dark path where no one's guiding her. 

 

 

 

She never make effort on putting make up. She just applied a light one and some concealer to hide her darkening eyebags. She looked ten years older than her actual age. She never bothered to look good today. She just wore the clothes that was prepared for her. The day she was most afraid of. The day where her heart died. The day where her path become dark. The day that her best friend will marry, not her but another. 

 

 

Lisa walked outside the house. Her mother never waited for her. She have gone to the church excitedly. She never knew that her daughter, was indeed in love with her best friend. She wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter