Part 6

The Fake Boyfriend Theory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(AN: yall in for a treat today~ TWO new chapters for you to enjoy since I missed last week. don't forget to show your love and comment, @ me on twitter if you like~)

 

Dance majors always had recitals for midterms. Kyungsoo always went to those recitals (for support, not because he wanted to see Jongin sweaty in tight clothes). And now he was going to the recital as Jongin’s boyfriend. Fake boyfriend. He’d caught himself a few times already, thinking about their dates, worrying about whether or not Jongin had eaten or gotten enough sleep (which Baekhyun reminded him he did before they started fake dating, but Kyungsoo didn’t believe it…mostly), referring to Jongin in his thoughts as boyfriend. But that wasn’t right. Because they weren’t. Which he sternly reminded himself each time it happened.

But naturally, since he was nervous, he invited back up. Back up ended up being the worst possible combo to ever accompany him: Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They’d gotten there extra early (Chanyeol insisted), got to see Jongin before he had to slip back stage (Chanyeol was cooing and gushing and taking pictures of the quick kiss Jongin gave Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo wanted to murder him), and gotten front row seats (they were just fold-up chairs in one of the classrooms, nothing fancy), and checked to make sure the roses were still there (they were). (The roses were Baekhyun’s idea). Naturally, they made him sit between them. And now they waited.

“So you never told me if you guys made out some more in the dorm after that Osulloc date,” said Baekhyun, grinning at Chanyeol’s (stupidly dramatic) gasp.

“Made out more? So you guys were making out at Osulloc? And I didn’t know about this?” Chanyeol asked.

“Shouldn’t you be dry-humping Sehun or something?” Kyungsoo snapped.

“Ouch,” Chanyeol pouted, placing a hand over his heart. “That was mean.”

“It’s because he could also use some ing, don’t take it to heart,” Baekhyun quipped, flinching when Kyungsoo curled his fingers into a fist. Insufferable, annoying, absolutely ing obnoxious.

“I hope you choke on Junmyeon’s ,” he growled.

“Oh, he’s too busy practicing for his theater class to even let me near his right now,” said Baekhyun, complete with a dramatic sniffle.

“Oh man, withdrawal? That’s tough,” said Chanyeol, reaching over to pat Baekhyun on the back, but Kyungsoo swatted his hand away.

“I hate both of you,” he hissed, folding his arms across his chest and glaring at the stage.

People were starting to file in, taking up the six rows of neatly placed chairs. He spotted Naoko making her way to their row, sitting at the corner. So she wasn’t performing? But she was wearing her leotard… Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at her, deep in thought.

“If you had lasers in your eyes you’d have sliced her head in half by now,” said Baekhyun.

“Lasers,” repeated Chanyeol, already dissolved in a fit of laughter.

“Oh,” Kyungsoo mumbled, because he forgot he could be a little menacing with his near-sightedness. It had scared Jongin, after all, when they’d first met, all those years ago. At the thought of Jongin (when they were the same height, which made Kyungsoo kind of mad but not really, because now he could be little spoon), shy and sweet and so cute, Kyungsoo’s ears heated up. It really had been infatuation at first sight. Which had morphed into a crush. And stayed a crush, because it would be pathetic if he admitted it was more than that (even though he had, to himself, more than once). He still had the memory of sitting close to Jongin for the first time, seeing him properly, and being fascinated with the shape of his lips, how soft and beautiful they looked and—

And now the lights in the room were dimming. And the music was starting; the soft, sensuous notes of Gooey. Jongin was the first to come out, slow, measured steps to the center, and oh, they all had makeup on. Jongin had on contacts, some light color (Kyungsoo was too far to make it out and he had, of course, forgotten his glasses), and dark, dramatic eye makeup. He was practically glowing. Taemin, Yixing, and Chittaphon followed, dancing in a squared formation. Then they slowed and the music changed to the fast, steady beat of Je Cours. Kyungsoo was enraptured by Jongin, the sharp strength of his movements, the precision with which he moved, passionate and lost to the music. And there was also the small matter of Jongin’s sweaty arms glowing in the strong lights. Which Kyungsoo totally was not hot and bothered about. Of course not. Alright, maybe a little. So enraptured was he that he almost didn’t notice the music changing back to Gooey, and he definitely didn’t notice Naoko slipping out to go backstage.

Once the song finished and the dancers lined up to bow, applause erupted from the (fairly small, it was midterm season) audience, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol were on their feet. Chanyeol pulled Kyungsoo to his feet, ignoring the sputter of protest, indignant at being manhandled by him. Jongin tiptoed over to them, flashing them a gorgeous bright smile. Oh, how it made Kyungsoo’s knees weak. He returned the smile, stupidly, ears on fire.

“Dude, the flowers,” Baekhyun whispered.

Oh, right. Kyungsoo shot down to pick them up (and almost face planted into Jongin’s crotch, nice), holding the roses out awkwardly. Jongin stared at them, open-mouthed.

“It’s stupid, I know. Sorry, this was probably a bad idea, super corny—”

“What? No! I love it,” said Jongin, taking the roses.

He buried his nose in them, peeking at Kyungsoo over the petals.

“Ah, heh, well I’m glad you like them,” said Kyungsoo, feeling the heat in his cheeks.

And of course, of course, Jongin had to kiss him then. A soft kiss, then deep one, both of them sweaty and a little awkward with the roses between them, but wonderful nonetheless.

“Hey, butthead, we gotta go backstage,” Taemin shouted, clapping Jongin on the shoulder. “Oh gross, sweaty.”

“ you, stupid,” said Jongin, frowning when Taemin stuck out his tongue.

“Hey, be nice,” said Kyungsoo.

“I’d say the same!” Baekhyun squawked.

“I’ll join you in a bit,” Jongin hissed, rolling his eyes when Taemin made a face at him.

“Oh, but there’s no seat,” said Kyungsoo.

The lights were already dimmed again, and most everyone had taken their seats.

“It’s fine, I’ll sit at your feet,” Jongin whispered, sitting cross-legged on the floor.

Kyungsoo sat too, widening his legs to let Jongin sidle close. He totally was not thinking about the fact that Jongin’s head was between his thighs right now because come on, Kyungsoo, you’re in a room full of other people and he’s facing the wrong way. But of course he had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter