Part 4

The Fake Boyfriend Theory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(AN: im so sooooorry about being so late with this update!!! midterms really just like....murdered my soul... BUT i promise i'll update with another two chapters this week!!)

They went to the amusement park every year for their anniversary. Their friendship anniversary, of course. And it was fun. Really, it was. But this year he’d have to juggle having fun with dealing with Jongin’s incessant touching and kissing. Kyungsoo was almost afraid of what would happen once they stumbled off the rides, high off the altitude, giddy and giggly. Too much confidence, that’s for sure. Especially when Jongin pointed out that so many people from their school went to that amusement park. It was great exposure, good progress for Jongin’s ingenious plan. So Kyungsoo did what he thought best, invite a buffer. It would be a foolproof plan: Kyungsoo would invite Sehun, and with Sehun would come Chanyeol, and there was no better on this earth than Park Chanyeol. He sent the text, feeling quite smug.

But Sehun’s response, quite a few hours later, was no. That wasn’t the worst part. Oh no. The worst part was the suggestion that Kyungsoo invite Byun ing Baekhyun. He loved Baekhyun, he really did, but Baekhyun had been nothing less than insufferable since the whole ordeal started. Then, of course, before Kyungsoo could say no, Baekhyun himself texted Kyungsoo that he would be delighted to go on a double date with them to the amusement park. Kyungsoo was seething. But he couldn’t tell Baekhyun no, after all. That would be mean.

And that was how all four of them, Kyungsoo and Jongin, Baekhyun and Junmyeon, ended up under the neon lights of the entrance. Baekhyun sidled up to Kyungsoo, squeezing the tender part of Kyungsoo’s arm.

“This is so exciting. I’ve always wanted to come,” he squealed, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

“Aren’t you and Junmyeon-hyung both afraid of heights?” Jongin asked, because Kyungsoo had informed him at the last minute that they had company, and Jongin hadn’t seemed entirely happy about it.  In the dramatic way only Baekhyun could truly pull off, Baekhyun choked a sob, a hand above his heart.

“Do you doubt the courage of my gallant knight and rescuer, Sir Junmyeon?” He asked, waltzing over to Junmyeon and grabbing Junmyeon’s face between his hands. Junmyeon was looking quite pale, and mustered a chuckle that sounded nervous.

“I doubt the courage,” Junmyeon said weakly. Jongin snorted.

“Guess you guys can’t join us on the dickhead dragon then,” he said, giving Junmyeon a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

“Dickhead dragon?” Baekhyun sputtered, “If I knew this place was like Loveland I would’ve come sooner.” He laughed at his own pun, sticking his tongue out and wiggling his eyebrows when Kyungsoo didn’t laugh.

“You’re so annoying,” he muttered. Baekhyun beamed at him.

“It’s not an actual dickhead. It’s just-” Jongin paused, cocking his head to the side, “Badly designed, I guess.”

“How disappointing,” said Baekhyun, sighing. “I still wanna see it.”

“Should we start there?” Kyungsoo asked, because really, how long were they going to stand at the entrance.

“Sure,” Jongin shrugged.

“That would be interesting, don’t you think?” Baekhyun asked, once they’d started walking. “Think of the potential of exploring the phallic nature of a dragon-” He glared at Jongin, who had slumped over Kyungsoo, giggling. Heat had crept up Kyungsoo’s neck, both at the mention of “phallic” and at the way Jongin’s hair had brushed against his neck. “Yah! Listen to me!”

But listen Jongin and Kyungsoo could not, not when they were both bright red and laughing.

“Baekkie, please-”

“No!” Baekhyun pouted at Junmyeon. “Jongin is a lit major, he should be appreciating the work I’m doing right now. It could be a study on the homoism of dragons as phallic symbols-”

The dickhead dragon, Jongin and Kyungsoo’s favorite ride, was now before them. It was gaudy, borderline ugly, an Orientalist fantasy of painted green with a roof with upturned corners, cheap gold designs, vaguely asian looking, painted onto the walls. The dragon, from what Baekhyun and Junmyeon could see, was the ride itself, its segmented body holding two people per pair of legs. The tail stood alone, and the head, longer than the other segments, had seats. It would have once been red, but it had been dulled, through time and weather, to exactly the shade of deep pink of a head; the head of the dragon was torpedo shaped, no doubt for streamlining, but the shape was all too much like a . That the rest of the body, which would have once been gold, was now a pale brown, reminiscent of a (terrifying) shaft (because of the legs, which Kyungsoo had once had nightmares about - pulling down Jongin’s pants and finding that his was really this dragon, though not segmented) did not help the situation.

“Wow that’s really a whole ,” said Baekhyun, jaw hanging in awe, “A with teeth. Scary.” Which earned him a dirty look from a mother who passed by with her young son. Baekhyun balked, but his fright didn’t last long. “Oops.”

“Well,” Jongin said smugly, “Are you guys gonna ride this or not?”

“As curious as I am, your is a taken ,” said Baekhyun, winking at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo frowned back at him, raising a fist, but Baekhyun slipped behind Junmyeon, who was too busy looking at the peak of the ride.

“N-no thanks,” said Junmyeon, taking shaky steps towards a bench.

“Aw, come on, Junnie. You know riding is my favorite sport,” Baekhyun whined, tugging on Junmyeon’s sleeve.

“Are you seeing how far up that goes?” Junmyeon asked, his voice almost shrill.

“But I want to ride the . I need the ,” said Baekhyun with a pout. Not a second later he perked up and whispered something in Junmyeon’s ear.

“Oh, fine,” Junmyeon hissed, looking a little green in the face. They shuffled onto the line, with a trembling Junmyeon craning his neck each time the people on the ride screamed.

“This’ll be a fun ride,” Jongin whispered into Kyungsoo’s ear, and Kyungsoo, not expecting the proximity, nor the soft puff of Jongin’s breath against his neck, jumped nearly a foot.

“Oh?” Kyungsoo asked.

“It’s like a ride. The first time we’re doing it together,” said Jongin, a wicked twinkle in his eyes. Kyungsoo wanted to point out that it wasn’t their first time riding it together, and they technically weren’t a real couple but Jongin leaned in close again. “I hope your thighs are ready for it.” That, and the wicked grin Jongin gave him made his head light, certainly not because all his blood had just rushed south. His ears were burning, and, being far too flustered to come up with anything clever, Kyungsoo just sputtered for a bit then turned his back on Jongin with a huff. Stupid Jongin and his stupid appeal. He hated it when Jongin put on the y act. But maybe he hated the kiss Jongin placed on his cheek even more.

“Yah, stop it,” he glared up at Jongin, feeling the heat in his cheeks. Of course Jongin was beaming down at him. Kyungsoo stomped his foot, but it earned him a kiss on the nose. “I’m serious, Jongin!”

“Or what?” Jongin asked, scrunching his nose. If Kyungsoo wasn’t mad, he would’ve thought that cute. But it wasn’t. Because Kyungsoo was mad. Very mad.

“Or- or-” but Kyungsoo couldn’t think of anything, so he held up his fist and waved it in Jongin’s face.

“Or?” Jongin asked again, and when Kyungsoo just glared at him, he leaned down to give Kyungsoo a sloppy kiss, cupping Kyungsoo’s cheeks in his hands. He pulled away with a fond smile, but still held Kyungsoo’s face. Oh what a stupid, ugly, idiotic, mean boy. Kyungsoo couldn’t decide between kicking Jongin square in the nuts or pulling him in for another kiss. But Jongin made that decision for him, peppering his face with smooches.

“Hey- ah! Stop it! Yah!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter