Part 2

The Fake Boyfriend Theory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One more deep breath. He has to leave soon. Kyungsoo had woken up fifteen minutes earlier, just to give himself enough time to freak the out and still get breakfast. Except now he wasn’t hungry. For the fifth time, he checked his teeth in the mirror (he’d brushed them three times this morning). Then his lips. A tad more lip balm (strawberry flavored, just for Jongin - Kyungsoo preferred mango), though his lips were never chapped (a fact that Baekhyun used against Junmyeon). Hair? Mussed up just perfectly- wait; he moved a lock. Now it was good.

He quickly glanced at his phone. Oh, good. He still had five more minutes to hyperventilate. So he prepared himself for the flood of anxious thoughts, but then his phone vibrated.

nini (bear emoji)

dont bring a sweatur

Oh? Kyungsoo looked over at the blue hoodie he’d splayed perfectly on top of his backpack. He’d hate to freeze in class, but Jongin surely had his reasons. Maybe another five minutes of freaking out was overkill anyway. He grabbed his bag and walked out.

It was going to be a cool day, and he regretted leaving his sweater. The walk across campus had warmed him up some, but the instant he walked into the building the cool AC made him shiver.

Jongin and Baekhyun were already holding down a booth (the usual hangout spot), breakfast half eaten (no doubt because Jongin and Baekhyun, still hungry after eating their own, had picked at his) on the table.

“Are you trying to make me freez-mm!” Jongin cut him off with a kiss, pulling him into the booth.

“Good morning to you too,” said Jongin, offering Kyungsoo a hoodie. It was one of Jongin’s favorites, the top half a deep orange and the bottom half mustard yellow, but Kyungsoo’s brain had short-circuited from the kiss. The practice from yesterday clearly hadn’t been enough prep. He was sure he vaguely heard Baekhyun snickering, but he was busy trying to figure out how he would survive this. If this kiss, this simple peck on the lips, was enough to clam him up and leave him giddy, he was sure he’d pass out with anything else.

“I think you broke him,” Baekhyun snickered. That was enough to snap him out of it.

“Shut up,” Kyungsoo grumbled, ever so eloquently. He slipped on Jongin’s hoodie. Oh. That’s why it was Jongin’s favorite; it was ridiculously soft and plush. Jongin was definitely never getting it back. A danish hovered in front of him.

“Eat, babe,” said Jongin. Babe?! Kyungsoo blushed, reaching for the danish but Jongin smacked his hand away. Oh. He leaned forward to nibble on the pastry.

“You know what. I’m gonna cancel my Netflix subscription,” Baekhyun announced. Jongin paused in wiping frosting from the corner of Kyungsoo’s mouth. “You guys are entertaining enough.”

“You’re so annoying,” Kyungsoo huffed, his ears burning. Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows.

“And you’re so obvious,” he replied. They both looked at him. “You’re gonna have to look less like a deer in the headlights every time he kisses you for this to work.” Kyungsoo bit into the danish grumpily.

“He’s kinda right, hyung,” Jongin said in a small voice.

“And you have to stop getting red ears when you kiss hi- that’s exactly what I’m talking about Jongin! Stop rubbing your ear!” Baekhyun smacked Jongin’s hand away.

“I drmph loo lak a dee,” Kyungsoo said around the mouthful of danish.

“You, uh, had a lil somethin’ in your mouth so I didn’t get that,” said Baekhyun. Kyungsoo gave him a murderous look.

“I said I don’t look like a deer in the headlights,” he snarled, tongue darting out to clean a bit of stray frosting.

“Of course you don’t,” Baekhyun said sweetly, giving them both a dazzling smile. “You’re not cute or cuddly at all.” Stupid Baekhyun and his stupid big mouth. Now Kyungsoo had to prove him wrong. Obviously. Couldn’t just let that cute comment slide. So he grabbed Jongin’s face (gently, of course) and gave him a deep kiss, deeper than the ones from yesterday, until Jongin was on his lower lip. He whimpered softly, and then- . They were in the booths, in the arts building. A corner, but still a visible spot. The heat rushed to his neck, so he let go, swallowing hard. Jongin was staring at him, lips still parted, a soft flush in his cheeks and a twinkle in his eyes Kyungsoo had never seen before. Kyungsoo’s cheeks were burning now. Okay, maybe that hadn’t been Kyungsoo’s brightest idea. Baekhyun gave him a knowing smirk.

“You- uh,” Jongin stuttered before leaning forward and- oh. That was Jongin’s tongue on his upper lip. “Frosting,” Jongin said, his ears bright red. Right. Frosting. Kyungsoo had to stop himself from the same spot. Baekhyun was watching them over the rim of his cup, the laughter bright in his eyes. Stupid Baekhyun. Kyungsoo hoped he’d choke on the tea.

Thankfully, before Baekhyun could get a word out, Junmyeon arrived. He barely managed a hello before Baekhyun assaulted him with kisses, squeezing himself onto Junmyeon’s lap. Insufferable.

“How’s it going, guys?” Junmyeon finally got to ask.

“Oh, fantastic,” Baekhyun answered.

“He wasn’t asking you, stupid,” Kyungsoo said. In return, he got a balled up napkin in the face. He growled, but Jongin held him back. Baekhyun squeaked, whining when Junmyeon pinched him again, but they bot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter