CHAPTER 3

A Lovely View


I keep hitting my head with the paperback book i'm holding. Until now I still feel super disconcerted. My mind keeps on replaying my stupidity and his words over and over again. With my overthinking skill, I can really have a masters degree for OVER mastering it without even a training and professional experiences. 

I never thought that he was BLIND.

I mean he looks perfectly fine... 

Wait... 

I used to saw him in his sunnies but never taking it off. I also observe his odd style of walking. Lastly, he couldn't recognize the bottle of sauces infront of him. Figures!

"Why did I never considered those!" I mutter to myself nearly yelling which made my cat, Chimmy, purred on me.

"I'm such an idiot! Lee yeori you're an idiot! You're a one big idiot!" I continued my self-talking as I continuously hitting my face with the paper back. 

I was thinking on apologizing to him but sohee was totally against it and she keeps on nagging at me. But I know this is the best thing to do but... That guy keeps on bothering my mind. As I keep on thinking about the incident, i realized that he owns partially of the fault because of his egoistic attitude. So that means, he also needs to apologize to me. But still, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO rather than hitting my face with the paperback on my face.

After a few hours of deep thinking, i have decided to make my apology to him if ever i see him in church or in the cafe.

...

On the following day, I was so ready to apologize to him but i haven't seen him in the cafe. It's been 3 days since I haven't seen him on the church and my mom is getting more curious at me as to why I keep on joining her on church EVERYDAY. I haven't told my mom about the issue with guy because I know my mom would rave on his attitude. 

On the 4th day of my church attending, still, there's no trace of him. I keep on glancing on the choir hoping i could see him but he hasn't showed up. 
From my peripheral view, I caught my mom staring at me. "Where are you looking at, honey?" She asked. Her voice startled me. I turn to her. "Huh? I was just looking forward." I replied and turn my self to the front. 

The mass finally ended, and still there's no sign of him even his shadow was nowhere to be found in the church. 

I asked my mom to dropped me off my cafe. Arriving in, i just looked around my cafe as my mom pushes me inside. I looked around and adore how sohee made my café... our café so beautiful.

At first, I don't really feel comfortable with sohee because her personality is way too different from mine. She has an out-going personality. She's super extrovert to the point that she knows how to socialize well to different people, even in the cafe, he used to talk and mingle with the dine-in customers and also those who are walk-in customers, whether she's bored or not. However, i'm the opposite of her. Introvert. This started when I met the accident and yes,  here I am again, nagging on how that accident totally messed up my life badly. Obviously, my self-esteem flopped and I literally shut  my whole world down. Thanks to my mom's persuading plans for me, I'm slowly getting it back again just like the old times, with also the help of Choi Sohee. 

Sohee became my first friend after the incident. I also have my friends before i lose my walking capability but now they are rarely "a friend" to me. I can't really blame them because it's so hard for them to visit me as they also have their own career. Anyways, Choi Sohee befriended me. At first I find it really awkward to introduce to each other but due to her extroversive personality, I quite feel comfortable to her. Her presence is soothing me. She became really clingy and very chatty but it's okay to me. As our friendship grew deeper she begun to call me every single just to check up on me but most of the time, she just phones me just to annoy me. 

The worst part of being Choi Sohee's friend is she forces me to do those blind dates with different guys. I dunno but she has this inevitable charisma that made me agreed on doing those stuffs. As I do the blind dates, it seems that those guys aren't interested in me probably because of my state and I wasn't completely surprise because I am too, not interested in them. So all of those freaking blind dates failed. Until she also gave up on setting me up probably because she's so tired on my nagging and because neither of it was succesful. 

The thing she excels is redecorating this place, thanks to her "Interior Designing" degree. She made this sloppy place into a modern yet sophisticated café and I love her for doing that. 

As I placed myself on my favorite spot, I look around as I admire how nice my café was. Not just the cafe i admire but also how the customer enjoys the food we're offering. 

I was scrolling through my phone when the chime sounds indicating someone has entered the cafe. I gaze up and I couldn't believe my eyes right now. I just saw someone whom I was patiently waiting for him to show up for a couple of days. That rude guy FINALLY showed himself in my cafe. I hurriedly press forward and wait for him at the counter. One of my staff, Bang In Jung, were quite surprised by my action, but i signalled him to keep quiet and just take his order. 

"Good day sir, may I take your order?" Injung asked politely. "I would like to pick up my order I placed yesterday." he said as he reached the counter. My employee nods and placed his order right away and leave the counter. I wonder if this guy is a regular customer here, probably because injung just did his orders and i bet my staffs probably knows this guy here and it was me and sohee has no idea who is he.

I know this is my cue. "Uhm, sir? I don't know if you remember me... But... Uh... I-I'm Lee Yeori." I stuttered being nervous again. 

With my introductory speech, he turned his head a little to his side, a little to my direction. "I was just uhm" I continued, "Hi Lee Yeori, i'm afraid I don't know you-- "I'm the one who squirted the ketchup in your face." I cut him off shortly. Awkwardly.
He finally turned his full body on my direction. "A few days ago, actually." I added gazing up to him. He just remain silent. "Don't you remember it? Dear... Customer?" I asked as I Tilted my head as if i'm ready of his scolding but to my surprise he just continued to remain silent. I finally look up to him trying to see his face again but he's quite tall and i was gazing up to him while sitting on my wheelchair. So that made my neck and chin hurt. 

"I remember it very clearly." he replied coldly and turned back the counter. I was gulping hard at his word. 

"Uhm, I'm here to formally make my apology to you mr. customer." I bowed to him twice. Politely. But he never returned to me. "Mr. Customer, I would like to say my deepest and sincerest apology for what i have done to you." I bowed again. For a couple of seconds I remain silent and patiently waiting for his reply. "Uhm Mr. Customer?" 

"I may be blind but i'm definitely not deaf." 

That made me shut up. I just nod at his reply. 

"Uhm, I was -- "if you're really sincere in your apology, how would you prove it?" He mutters looking straightforward, cutting me off. "Uhm well, for that, I can treat you... Wait let me rephrase that. Let me treat you some--"Thank you but I can buy myself a sandwich or whichever your offering." he cuts me off in a rude way. 

My system starting to fume on his attitude. How could he ask to prove my sincere apology to him if he would curtly interrupt me and tear-down my offer?! 

After a few seconds Injung went back to the counter with 3 extra large plastic bags which contains the sandwiches he orders. He purchased quite plentiful amount of it and God only knows for whom those for. 

"Here you go sir." Injung handed the plastic bags and he took them right away. He placed the plastic bags on the floor as he reached his wallet from the back pocket of his jeans. He took out a card and said, "Here's my card." 

I just stare at him as he took back his card after transactions and bowed at injung as he said his thanks for the purchase. He took all the plastic bags in his left hand and he untangle his neatly folded walking stick on his right hand. One of the customer offered him a help as he was about to leave the café but according to their actions, I think he refused it and the guy just backed off and instead he just offered the door for him. What an egoistic guy! 

He eventually leave the café. 

I keep on staring on the last place he was at which is the door. I keep on thinking, where would he bring those sandwiches. There's something mysterious on him that makes me want to follow him right now. My fingers were itching to press the forward button but there's also a part of me to hesitantly follow him. But he is really intimidating. And i've never seen an intimidating person before in my life. 

Ah! Whatever! I want to follow him. And I bet he's not yet that far from here. 

"Injung-ssi, i'll just go outside okay? Please watch over the cafe for me." I tell as I press my forward button driving myself out. 

"Where are you going Ms. Yeori?" He asked curiously as I was halfway to the door. I stopped. "I'll just get some fresh air, but i'll be back... Right away." I replied without turning back to him. And finally took off. Injung hurriedly rushed himself to the door and opened it for me. I bowed and thank him. "Take care Ms. Yeori!" He yells as my wheelchair slides down the small ramp on the entrance of the café. Thank Goodness for person like him. 

I was searching around as to where that guy went until I finally saw him walking his way to God knows where it is. Swaying his walking stick slowly from left to right. I followed him leaving a distance for him not to be startled. I just want to see where he will be going and for whom are those sandwiches. He turn to his right, I followed him. He turned to his left, I still followed him. It was quite of a travel and I know there are a lot of people staring at me and why did I end up traveling alone. We've passed a few small park and different establishments on our way. It took us a good 25 minutes for me to finally saw a Small Community School at the end of the way he's going. So this is his destination.

The small community school looks like a typical building perhaps comprises of two floors. Painted with different kiddie paintings and portraits like colorful butterflies and birds, a rainbow and some lanscape paintings on the outside of it. It also has pretty landscapy-garden around the building, along with those green grass on the outside field. In the middle of the grassy field, there's a bricked pathway that would lead you to the very front-door of the school. 

I still keep on following him until I saw him entered the small school. With just a few meters away from the door, I hear a loud cheering voices of the kids; probably of the students and was followed by giggles.

I stopped infront of the door of the school, hesistantly to knock. I relaxed myself and exhale all the nervous thoughts and I think i'm ready now. I clench my fist and lift my arm, ready to knock when it suddenly opened revealing an ahjumma, perhaps on her late 40's. She has quite plump frame and has a bob-hairstyle exposing some streaks of white hair, stood infront of me. She was quite startled by my unexpected presence. 


"Hi, how may I help you miss?" She asked as she leans a bit to match my gaze. My eyes moves from left to right. I feel panicky as I don't know what to do. 

"Hi, I, uhm, just following some guy" I said nervously. She looked at me with bewildered face. "Oh! I mean... Please don't get me wrong. I know the guy and I was following him but i cant catch up with him and somewhat, I ended here. But I ain't stalking him it's just that..." she just keeps on giving me a puzzled look. So I need to clarify myself to her. 

I cleared my throat and said, "okay, to cut the story short, may I know if there's a guy... Perhaps visited here a few minutes ago? And oh! He's wearing a sunglasses and holding a few plastic bags and--" I was interrupted when she snapped her finger. "Oh! You mean Jinyoossi?" She asked grinningly. 

So his name is Jinyoo. Finally, i've got his name