CHAPTER 2

A Lovely View

1 year and 9 months later...

 

 

I just turned 26 a few weeks ago... 3 weeks to be exact. My mom and dad decided to give me something to keep my mind and body busy. They thought a Bussiness would be perfect so with the help of my parents and a little savings from my previous career, they provide me a small café located a few blocks from our church. So each time I went there to visit and to check up on everything, it wont be too difficult for me especially after our church attendings. 

You might be wondering what happened with the past 1 year and 9 months of my life, right? Well, nothing specifically has changed, except for my perfect attendance on our church every other day and of course my little cafe. I still got those dreadful traumatic disturbances every now and then, but with the help of my parents and psychiatric therapies, I can now manage it. But not fully. And oh! Before I forgot I moved out from my place and lived together with my parents in gangnam district. I guess I can now finally comprehend  that i'm not anymore the "Lee Yeo Ri" they used to know, the one who represent the korea in swimming olympics, or the "Lee Yeo Ri" that possesses gracefulness in her body. Instead i'm Lee Yeo Ri; just an ordinary citizen of korea. But this time, I can now say that i'm a functioning member of the society with my cafe, and i'm proud of it. Going to church and owning a cafe helps me thoroughly with my life. I can say that this would be the start of my new life.

...

It was a fine perfect day when I join my mom on attending a mass, as promised. I dunno but this past few days, I keep on seeing a new guy around. He is a part of the choir, more specifically, he plays the organ and sometimes the guitar. 

He used to wear a thick dark sunglasses which made me fume on his acts. I mean it is thoroughly prohibited to wear any acessories like caps and sunnies inside a religious institution because it serves as a disrespectfulness of the holy place. I try to ask my mom about he new guy from the choir but it ends up as a tease from her.

"Why do you keep on asking me who's that guy? Do you like her sweetie?" She whispered as the mass goes on. I glare at her. She just chuckled at my frown as a reply. "Mom we're in a middle of the mass, we're in the middle of a religious building, i think it is inappropriate to act-- "jeez you're too serious honey, i'm just messing with you." She mutter while completely giving me a cartooned glare. I rolled my eyes at her.

Who knew my 55 year old mom would act so childishly infront of her full-grown daughter. I kinda find it annoying.

"But she's quite handsome" she added winking at me. I can't believe my mom. "Who knows, this might be a sign from above honey, I mean you deserve a nice guy and I think he's a nice guy" she confidently said while staring at the new guy's direction. 

I was really astonished by what my mom has said. Like 6 years ago , I have this suitor who come often at our house, but my mom was so against him and I need to follow my mom and dad because I love them and I don't want to let them down so we didn't ended up together thanks to them. But that doesn't stop me from having a boyfriend. I had a few relationships years ago but that doesn't ended up well. 

I just rolled my eyes on her antics and said "tch! whatever mom." As a reply on her näivité.

Mom droppped me off directly to the café  after I attended the mass. The moment I went there I saw my bussiness partner who eventually became one of my friend, Choi So Hee, who's busy typing and calculating stuff on her phone. If i know, she's just busy texting her boyfriend. She was the first one to greet me and hug me tight.

"How are you darling, I miss you so much~" she coos. I rolled my eyes. "Tch. As if! We've just seen each other yesterday before I went to my therapies, you've already missed me? That's so sweet of you~" I replied trying to acquire a lil sarcasm on my thought. 

I've known so hee for like 9 months already since i've started this little bussiness. She and her parents were a family friends because of what our dad's job. I think she just pitied me that's why she agreed on doing this bussiness with me, because she even not interested on the bussiness to the point that she doesn't care on the sales of this cafe. And also because we are friends. Well that makes sense because her dad is the director of a famous food company, that's why.

I went to my therapies every single day, one theraphy is for my foot, and one is for a session with my psychiatrist regarding to my traumatic disturbances and all.

"Of course I miss you yeorissi, everyone misses you here" she said while helping me pushing my wheelchair(even though i can do it because it is remotely-controlled) on my favorite spot of the cafe; a table that is especially for me. 

"How are you yeorissi? Health is good?"  She asked as i settled myself in the chairless table. I nod as a response. "How 'bout you soheessi? How's your relationship with your SUPER HUNKY, LI'L DADDY BOYFRIEND?" I asked emphasizing those adjectively words that she commonly used in describing her boyfriend. She widened her eyes and applaud on the thought of talking about her boyfriend to me, so she took a chair and placed it infront of me. 

The moment she opened it seems that the stories were never-ending. And my job is to listen to her and act as if i'm interested on her stories.

On the middle of her non-stop talking, some familiar figure entered the cafe. He looks really familiar... Ah! That rude disrespectful guy on church awhile ago! That shades guy! He went directly to the cashier to order. My eyes kept on following him, but he barely moves. One thing I notice about him is that he walks one step at a time like as if he just learned how to walk. I wonder why? 

After awhile, he finally got his order and went into an empty table infront of ours. Finally I got to see his face up-close, closer than my view from the church. He's not that bad, I mean mom is correct, he's quite handsome. 

I just stare at him while he holds his sandwich as if he's ready to eat it. He took a hot sauce and placed a torrent of it. That made me cringe. I was really curious if he can he really eat his sandwich with those amount of hot sauce on it, because if not, it would be a waste of food. I look at him as he took a bite, I can't help to chuckle at his reaction upon biting it. 

He's cute... I guess?

A face interrupted my view. Sohee move her face to my direction, that snapped me out of reality. I turn to her right away, but sohee turn his head backwards and glance at the guy i'm looking at.
She gasp while looking at him and turn to me quickly. 

"He's handsome yeori! If I don't have a boyfriend right now, I would totally banging that hot fella and be his baby mommy, just look at him yeori-ah~" that made me cringe. I fold my hands across my chest while saying "eww! You're disgusting sohee!" And chuckled. We both chuckled at what we are saying with each other. 

Yes so hee, I was looking at him since he came here. I'm looking at him since the mass started a few hours ago. I've looked at him a few days ago at church and I dunno why. 

Am I attracted to him? Or he just seemed intimidating? Ah!! Whatever!!

I still stare at him gulping while looking at his food. I think he hesitates on taking a bite again. "What is he doing?" So hee asked turning her head at me. I shrugged at her. The guy keeps on gulping and gulping hard obviously he's so hesitant on eating it again. "He's cute" sohee coos as she keeps on staring  at him, never turning back on me. 

He finally took a bite and again he spew out his half bitten sandwich. I think his tongue is burning from the spiciness but he still managed to ignore it as if nothing happened. 

"Omo! Did he poured a lot of hot sauce on his sandwich? I need to replace it!" So hee hurriedly stood up but I dunno, my hands were automatically holding her arm trying to stop her. I don't know what is happening to me but there's this feeling that I need to face the customer because if it was so hee, she would end up giving him the entire store out of pityness and out of being mesmerized by his handsome face... 

Wait, did i just said "handsome"? On that guy?... 

Ok scratch it. 

What I mean is, it is more economical wise if I talk to him instead of sohee. "Let me just help him" I said while slowly letting go of her arm. She just looked at me aghastedly while nodding. I let go of her arm and took off. I pressed the remote of my wheelchair forward.

"Excuse me sir, but I just notice that you just poured a plentiful amount of hot sauce on your sandwich and I think it would not tas-- "I won't need a refund or replace, I can handle the spiciness." He said, coldly. I was in total shock with his words. But i wont offer her a new sandwich instead i will offer her to lessen the spiciness. 
I cleared my throat and said, "we understand but I would just like to offer a ketchup to lessen the hotness" I said, "I know" he heartlessly replied. I looked around and saw everyone looking at us. 
I just trying to hold back my anger because he's still a customer... He's one rude customer. But I need to be nice to him since he is still a customer, and customer is always right. 

He look down a bit  and I watched him looking from his left to right while gulping hard. I think I need to show him where's the ketchup. 

"Sir, the ketchup bottle is the red one and the mustard is the yellow one"  I said. He curtly nod. This guy is seriously getting on my nerves. So I took the ketchup bottle and I didn't realized we both took it at the same time, so our hands were touching with each other. 

He tries to snatch it from my grip, but I wont let the bottle go because I just want to help so I gave all my strength to took it from his side but he also wont let go so we look like a kid trying to play Tug of War with the ketchup bottle. 

In my annoyance, I put all my strength to take it from him but I accidentally squeeze the bottle of ketchup and it squirted on his face and in his shirt which made him automatically stood up in his chair. In my trepidation of my clumsiness, I feel bad and so sorry to him and I think he would get angry at me. I don't know what to do, but panic. He wipe his face and shirt with the tissue I nervously offered to him. 

"I-i'm sorry sir, I-I'll just repl-- " I was interrupted with my apology with his groan of annoyance. "I-I'm really really sorry sir" I said as I bowed politely at him. Being apologetic, I offered myself to help him wipe his shirt but he flinch and angrily took off my wiping hands on his shirt. 

"I know i'm blind but i'm capable of wiping my shirt with myself" he exclaimed. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped with his words. 
"Is this how you treat your disabled customer here in your cafe? I'm so dissappointed." He said wiping his face from the mess I made. 

I was dumbfounded. For the first time in my life I was speechless, I was perplexed. I dont know what to do. 

After he cleaned his face and shirt, he put down the tissue he used, walked away from his table and eventually leave the cafe without saying a word. 
I looked at sohee who was also stunned from what just happened. I was so embarrassed to all my customer who witnessed the fuss. 

Sohee rushed and kneeled looking at me. "Are you okay yeori-ah?" She asked as she held both of my arms looking directly at my eyes. I looked down again feeling embarrassed. I hear the people inside my cafe mumbling something about it. Again, I was dumbfounded, and I can't think properly. 

"What an ! You know what yeori, I kinda grow a fond on him for a short period of time but I took it all right away after what he just said. He just disgrace our faultless cafe. We just want to help him but it seem that we became the bad guys! Aishh! I hate him now!" sohee angrily exclaimed as she stood up and keeps on walking from left to right annoyingly infront of me. 

"No sohee" I said and look up to her. She turned to me curiously. 

"I think it was my fault too. I-I should go apologize to him."