Floraison

Sophisticated

Yoongi smiles as he dances his way towards the window and opens the the curtains wide open to let the morning shine in.

 

“.” He hears Jaein groan as she chucks a pillow at the older, in which he perfectly dodges and catches with ease. He slams the pillow back into her face.

 

“Morning boys.” Yoongi greets as he breathes in the morning air along with the hint of his favorite instant coffee.

 

“I’m a girl.” Jaein says and Yoongi just shushes her. She scratches her head in confusion but shrugs as she lets her head fall back into her drool filled pillow. Yoongi just chuckles warmly as he takes a sip of his coffee before going back into the kitchen to get something. He twirls back into the room and proceeds to slam the two symbols from his drum and marches around the room and sings one of their song in the most loud and obnoxious voice that he has.

 

“Hello?” Jungkook manages to grumble from the top bunk while Jimin throws whatever item he has on his bed to wake Jaein up.

 

“Jaein, turn the alarm off.” Jimin orders, still half asleep.

 

“Alright.” Jaein groans as she scratches at her tummy. She gets up and slams her fist on Yoongi’s head. He finally stops.

 

“Thanks.” Jimin and Jungkook say in unison. But they feel heavy bloodlust fill the room and the two immediately get up, causing Jungkook to bump his head on the ceiling.

 

“You. ing. Brats.” Yoongi growls but Jaein doesn’t even flinch as she scratches her ear with her pinky.

 

“Jaein, what the did you do?” Jimin hisses.

 

“What? You told me to turn the alarm off.” She shrugs as she grabs a towel and heads towards the bathroom to wash up. Yoongi closes his eyes as he breathes in to calm himself down.

 

“Today is a good day. Today is a good day.” He reminds himself.

 

“Jaein, hurry up.” They hear Namjoon’s low groggy voice as he knocks on the door, sleepiness still obvious. Jaein opens it and lets the leader in, soap foaming up in her face as she closes her eyes really hard, trying not to get any inside.

 



“Aye Jimin, cook us some food!’ Jaein shouts as she slaps her rumbling tummy. Jimin sighs as he reaches for the fridge, but immediately scrunches when he’s met with the lack of ingredients and rotting vegetables. \

 

“I can’t, we don’t have anything in the fridge.” Jimin pouts. But alas, Yoongi is sitting very dramatically on one of their bean bag chairs, forehead resting on his index finger.

 

“What are you on about?” Namjoon asks as he tones his guitar. Yoongi just smirks, a scoff escaping his lips.

 

“After our gig, you guys are going to be thanking me and will treat me like a king.” Yoongi simply says and Namjoon has an itching feeling in his gut. But he shakes his head, flashing a dimple smile as he gets to the fun part. Cleaning his guitar.

 

“You like that?” He whispers as he runs a piece of cloth, removing any unwanted dirt from his Goddess (that’s what he actually named his guitar). The others make a disgusted face as they quietly look at each other.

 

“Gross.” Jungkook says as he sips on the banana milk that he kept reserved for himself. Yoongi just claps his hand and everyone gets ready. Like usual, they all start cleaning and packing up their instruments. The youngest are in charge of moving and carrying equipment to the the van while the two oldest get to sit back and relax.

 

“Must be easy for you guys.” Jimin groans, muscle flexing as he carries the biggest and heaviest of all their amplifiers.

 

“Just let them be, they’re old, they might break their backs if they do too much work.” Jaein snickers on the side. Yoongi and Namjoon both feel a vein pop out their temple.

 

“Little .” Yoongi hisses under his breath. Feeling petty, he starts up the van and smoke shoots out of the exhaustion pipe, making the three cough up as the other two cover their face with their shirts.

 

“I just took a bath!” Jungkook whines, not really liking the idea of smelling like burned crap. But Jaein just welcomes it with open arms, a proud look on her face, like a true crackhead would.

 

“Yah, you think this can hurt me? I’ve already had enough of Jimin’s fart for the last five years.” Jaein flips the two the bird and Jimin just gives her the nastiest look. Yoongi honks his car so that the moving process can go faster. And after the hard work the three went through. Yoongi finally drives off so that they can meet their future employer.


 

“Are we there yet?” Jimin asks as he gestures for Namjoon to pass him the aux cord.

 

“No.” Yoongi deadpans.

 

“Are we there yet?” Jungkook asks as he chews on a snack they bought on the way.

 

“No.” Yoongi answers again, teeth gritting. But before Jaein could say anything, he beats her to it. “Shut the up, Jaein.” Yoongi cusses and everyone bursts out laughing.

 

“I haven’t even said anything!” Jaein puffs out her cheeks as she fixes her glasses. Namjoon squints his eyes when he notices that they’re out of their town.

 

“Where are we headed?” He asks Yoongi.

 

“Seoul.” Yoongi flashes his gummy smile. And Namjoon doesn’t like the way Yoongi smiles right now.

 


 

Namjoon slightly hurls at the sinking feeling in his gut as soon as Yoongi parked in front of a very palace like house. The other three start to get excited like children as they look at the place in deep awe.

 

“Yoongi, where are we?” Namjoon grimaces, already having an idea on what’s going on. But Yoongi just dismisses it, avoiding the leader’s gaze.

 

“What do you mean? We’re in front of the employer’s house.” Yoongi simply explains. The gates begin to open and a formal looking guy in a suit welcomes them. He gestures for Yoongi to enter and does what he’s told while admiring every part of their employers home. Once he parked, the handsome guy in a suit opens the door for them and assists them.

 

“Master Jung Hoseok humbly welcomes you to his home.” He bows at the two and when Namjoon heard that name he whipped his head towards Yoongi, who in turn whistles as he avoids the burning gaze of their leader.

 

“Yoongi, may I speak with you for a second?” Namjoon says through gritted teeth, eyebrows twitching as he drags the smaller, away and the three are left to Hoseok’s butler. One by one they got off, but when Jaein is just about to jump off, the butler extends a hand out for her to grab on. Confused, Jaein stares at the hand, head slightly tilted, but then her face brightens and gives the butler the biggest high five ever.

 

“If you wanted a high five, you should have said so!” Jaein grins idiotically as she ruffles her short hair and jumps off, almost tackling their vocalist. Jimin sighs and shakes his head as he strides over a dumbfounded butler who is still in the same position, eyes wide in surprise. Jimin just pats him, while his other hand rests on his hip.

 

“I’m sorry about that idiot.” Jimin apologizes in her stead.

 


 

“What were you thinking?” Namjoon whines, arms crossed, chin popping out as he walks back and forth in front of a guilt filled drummer.

 

“We’re broke, Namjoon! I’m just trying to help this band out!” Yoongi answers, voice unwavering.

 

“You already know how I feel about people like him.” Namjoon sighs as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

 

“Joon, our band isn’t going anywhere. This could be our big break. And the kids…” Yoongi slightly tears up at the mention of their youngest members. Namjoon nods empathetically as he rubs the older’s back in comfort. “They keep milking my wallet, man. I can’t keep feeding those crocodiles! I’m bankrupt because of them.” Yoongi cries dramatically and Namjoon rolls his eyes as he pushes Yoongi away.

 

“Fine, fine. Just give me a heads up next time, okay?” Namjoon holds out a fist and Yoongi gives it a bump, a gummy smile on his face as he grabs the taller to go and join the others. As they got back, the three are already exploring, admiring, and asking the butler whatever questions they have on their minds. They’re just relieved that he hasn’t strangled their bassist. Like puppies, the three immediately go over the two and express just how excited they are at the luxurious findings they’ve seen. The butler bows and leads them to the entrance of the mansion. As soon as they enter, they begin to take their shoes off and the butler hands each of them Versace slippers. They all guffaw at the expensive item, slightly afraid of even holding it.

 

“Are you sure we can wear these?” Yoongi asks, voice cracking. The butler bows and gestures towards a room.

 

“My master even encourages you to take it home.” The butler informs them. Awkwardly, the five begin to shuffle towards the room and are immediately greeted with a very thick, sarcastic voice.

 

We don’t get much on what we do, but we like what we’re doing and we’re happy with what we’re doing...can’t you just accept that some people in this world aren’t always thinking about being rich?” Hoseok smirks as he recites Namjoon’s speech, word for word. “Isn’t that right? Kim?” He chuckles as he sits back on his own grand chair. “Please, have a seat.” He points at the couch  across from him. The five follow his orders and sit, their prides slightly getting hurt. But they all sigh out of satisfaction, their bodies relaxing. It’s by far the comfiest couch that they have ever had the chance to sit on. Hoseok claps his hands and Taehyung enters along with two other maids as they push in trays of foods. Taehyung takes the silver lid off and a warm, hearty aroma begins to fill the room. Jaein’s stomach starts to grumble as she fixes her glasses.

 

“For lunch I have prepared for you a Lobster Frittata, with a Dom Pérignon Rosé Vintage xxxx as your drink.” He explains as the maids continue to bring the dishes on the table. He pops the champagne very charismatically as they all watch him in awe, he then hands them all a drink.

 

“Is this the kind of food you eat all day?” Yoongi whispers towards Hoseok.

 

“Oh, this is nothing! Taehyung probably didn’t want to overwhelm you guys, this dish is rather one of his most simplest.” Hoseok explains and his butler bows.

 

“Thank you for your kind words.” Taehyung simply says and lets their guest  have a taste of their food.

 

“Oh, my life.” Jungkook swears after taking a bite, tears almost escaping his eyes, as the caviar bursts into a harmony of flavors with the lobster and omelette.

 

“You drink this all the time?” Yoongi cries after taking a sip of the champagne, savoring the taste forever in his mind.

 

“Yo, this is delicious.” Jaein turns as she gives the butler a thumbs up.

 

“Yeah, this is insane.” Jimin chimes in and Taehyung couldn’t help the small smile from escaping. He bows again, hand on his chest, showing his utmost sincere gratefulness.

 

“I am very happy, I am very grateful for the compliments.” Taehyung bows and goes to stand next to Hoseok, towel ready in his arm as he stands straight. Hoseok gently coughs, gaining the band’s attention. He takes a sip of the champagne and sighs as he places it back on the table.

 

“So I guess you already know what you’re in here for.” Hoseok starts, voice stern and professional. Yoongi nods, Namjoon doesn’t even breathes his way, and the three shake their heads.

 

“Yoongi didn’t tell us much, he only said we got a gig.” Jimin says as he scratches the back of his head while Hoseok gives him a smile.

 

“Then let me explain.” Hoseok pushes himself off his couch and waves the silky Versace robe that he just got. The highlight of his outfit right now. He snaps his fingers and Taehyung begins to dim the lights, then a single one lights up like a spotlight. “You have no idea just how lucky you guys are to be hired by me, Jung Hoseok.” Namjoon smacks his lip but Hoseok doesn’t give it any attention. “It may be a bit difficult to fathom this right now, but you guys will be the next big thing. You will be famous, everyone will adore your little country bumpkin music, able to eat whatever you can, flying first class, and become rich!” He sighs dreamily as he clasps his hands together. “And all of it would become possible because of me.” He grins sickly sweet. “It’s not everyday I reach out to commoners, especially country bumpkins, ugh-” He rolls his eyes as he flicks his wrist in disgust. “But I need you and you guys need me...so, what do you say?” He finishes his speech with an angelic like aura on him while Taehyung opened all the lights back up again. “Any questions?" Hoseok raises a brow as he eyes the sitting peasants in front of him. Jaein raises a hand, followed by Jimin and Jungkook. He nods for them continue.

"Um, we were wondering if you have any pets in this house, and if we could...um...play with them." Jaein's voice got smaller as she looks down to avoid Hoseok's scary and piercing gaze. Hoseok rolls his eyes and sighs. He snaps his fingers and Taehyung leans in.

"Bring them to Hope World." He orders and Taehyung simply bows as he places the document onto the table and escorts the three out of Hoseok's personal office. "I came up with a beautiful speech for them and they don't even care?" He scoffs. Namjoon just grins and confidently leans back into his chair.

"I told you, Jung. Not everyone is obsessed with money." Namjoon winks. Hoseok rolls his eyes as he grabs the pen from his pocket and throws it into the table in front of them.

"Whatever, are you signing it or not?" Hoseok asks as he taps his foot impatiently. Namjoon and Yoongi look at each other for a second. If they sign this now, this could forever change their lives, and if they don't, they'll be the same indie band that barely gets by. Hoseok coughs and they both turn to him.

“You know, Kim? What you said to me the other night is actually very admirable and brave of you. But if your blond little troll over there had to beg me for you guys to get the job, then I guess you’re not really that good of a leader.” Hoseok smirks as he rests his chin on his hand, a teasing look on his face.

“Troll? Beg?” Yoongi’s eyes widen as he says those words with a scoff. Hoseok raises a finger as he reaches for his phone, with one click, a sad melody begins to blare out of his speakers. He looks up to the side as if to recall his encounter with the drummer.

~

Lord Hoseok of the east! Lord Hoseok of the east!” Hoseok hears a weak, frail, groggy voice call out to him. He turns to see a weakened blond troll, hidden under a cloak.

What do you seek?” Hoseok leans down as he steadies the frail creature.

My brothers and I are in need of money. We can’t go on living like this. We are starving.” He cries out, tears falling out of his hideous face. Hoseok’s face darkens a bit, feeling really bad for the troll.

I would love to help you and your brothers, but I am afraid that your leader has already refused our help.” Hoseok sighs as he rubs the back of the little troll in comfort. But then Kim Seokjin, the golden knight of the east, steps in as he pats Lord Hoseok’s shoulder.

Lord Hoseok, maybe there’s a way that we can help.” He suggests, and those words were enough to stop the troll from crying.

Really?” He asks between sniffles. Hoseok smiles warmly as he ruffles the troll’s hair.

Yes. Meet me at my palace before sun down tomorrow.” Hoseok announces and the troll jumps in glee, his hair bouncing along.

Thank you so much, Lord Hoseok! I shall tell my brothers of this good news!” He celebrates as he hugs Lord Hoseok’s leg. He bids them farewell and begins to run back to their cave. But before he could get any further, Lord Hoseok calls out to him.

Troll! What is your name?” The troll stops and turns with a big grin on his face.

Yoongi. Min Yoongi.” And with that, he finally runs off to join his brothers in their cave.

~

“I didn’t say that! And i’m not a ing troll!” Yoongi argues and Hoseok just shakes his head as he takes out his Gucci silk handkerchief and once again, dabs away the tears of fake pity. Namjoon takes the folder and Hoseok just drinks his champagne.

“I need to know what we’re getting ourselves into.” Namjoon simply says, chin popping out.

“Whatever, take your time.” Hoseok sassily gestures for him to go on.

 


 

“Wow!” The three say in unison as they enter Hope World. Hoseok’s humongous backyard, filled with all of his pets. It’s a big space, and they could tell that they’re actually getting taken care of real well.

“It’s so big here, don’t tell me you got an elephant here or something!” Jungkook says innocently.

“We actually do.” Taehyung simply says and three widen their eyes. Taehyung chuckles as he approaches the Gazebo, a flat screen tv suddenly comes down. “Master Hoseok has an elephant, a lion, and a rhino all under his name, protected and living out in the wild.” He says as he flips through the live feed of the said animals. He presses a button and the tv goes back from wherever it came from. “Come, I shall introduce you to the others.” He claps his hands and the three begin to follow his tour.  They stop in front of a very big dog house, even bigger than their shared room and an adorable dog with big eyes, comes out if it and immediately approaches the butler. “This is Sir Mickey, Master Hoseok’s first ever pet.” He slightly smiles as he pets it. The three squat down to play with the the dog. “Be careful-” Taehyung warns, but to the butler’s surprise, Mickey actually let them. The dog never allowed anyone to touch him, unless it was Hoseok, his family, Seokjin, or the butler. Jaein turns to him and grins.

“You’re amazing! Doing all of these stuff, don’t you get tired?” She asks and Taehyung doesn’t know how to respond. For the first time in a long while, a stranger actually asked about his well being.

“N-no,” He stutters. “I am doing well, thank you for asking.” Taehyung bows.

“Mr. Taehyung, how old are you?” Jimin asks out of curiosity.

“I-I am twenty-three years old, and please, no need for the formality-” Taehyung is suddenly flustered at the question. Jimin grins as he grabs the butler by the shoulder.

“Hey! You’re just the same age as us. Do you want to hang out with us sometimes?” He smiles, eyes turning into crescents as he points a thumb at himself and the other two. Taehyung really doesn’t know how to act in these kind of situations but he just looks down, cheeks in a slight pink taint. Jungkook and Jaein give him an adorable stare as they wait for his response. So he just nods. There’s a warm and very unknown feeling in his chest. Something he has never felt before. Jaein is not really the brightest one in the group, but she’s good at seeing what people feel. She stands up and holds her hand out for the butler.

“I’m not sure what’s going to happen in the future, but I have a strong feeling that we’re going to see each other a lot...so what do you say? Let’s get along?” She asks as she slightly tilts her head to the side. He hesitantly grabs her hand, but still shakes it nevertheless. The three smile widely as they make a new friend, they continue to play around with the pets with Taehyung following along, quietly. He smiles to himself when he sees the bright expressions on the three, making his chest feel satisfied in some kind of way. The moment is sort of ruined when he feels a buzz on his pocket, already knowing it’s Hoseok calling for him. He apologizes to the three and escorts them back to Hoseok’s office.

 


 

Once they got back, the three didn’t fail to notice the gummy smile on their drummer, while their leader had a grim look on his face. Hoseok clasps his hands together as he stands up.

“The deal has been done! I expect to see you guys at the Hannam Hill tomorrow and talk more about the details!” Hoseok announces and Adrift widen their eyes at the mention of the most expensive apartment in Korea.

“What do you mean?” Jungkook asks through a shaky voice.

“Since you guys are under our company name, you’ll have to represent us. And I don’t want some country bumpkins doing that.” He simply says. “Get ready, you’re moving in tomorrow.” He has that same sweet grin again. The one he flashes when he shows and knows how powerful he is. Namjoon sighs as he rubs his nape.

“This is going to be a long night.”