Cher

Sophisticated

 

 

He leans against the very plain wall. Hands in his pockets, eyes scanning over the beautiful sunset, the shine reflecting in his eyes, not failing to make his skin glow like he’s the very own source of the brightness. He slightly smiles, jawline sharp and obvious. The camera clicks. He quickly strides over to get ahold of his phone to check if the photo turns out to be as majestic as what he had in mind. But a frown replaces his grin when he’s faced with a blurry mess of a photo, not even able to detect his face.

“Oh for s sake Taehyung- Just one good photo! Is that too much to ask?” Hoseok snarls as he shoves his phone back into Taehyung’s hands. He once again goes back into his position as if nothing had happened, and Taehyung wastes no time as he taps on the screen. A few painful minutes later, and Hoseok finally got the ideal photo in his mind and immediately posts it up in his Instagram account, not forgetting to add the hashtags of the luxurious clothing that he’s wearing and his family’s company name. Not even a second has passed by when suddenly, tons of notifications went off in his phone. A smirk appears on Hoseok’s satisfied face and Taehyung already knows what it meant. He takes out his tablet (the one that Hoseok bought for him, because Taehyung seems to be boring and just looking at him makes Hoseok feel lethargic) and sees tons of emails from magazines, agencies, celebrities, and reporters asking more information on Hoseok’s outfit that hasn’t been even released in public. “You see that, Tae? Now that’s what you call power.” Hoseok brags and Taehyung slightly bows in respect.

“You never fail to amaze me, master.” Taehyung says in a very monotone voice.

“I know that you’re complimenting me and all, but it doesn’t make me feel happy at all.” Hoseok scowls unpleasantly.

“I shall work on that then.” Taehyung adds and Hoseok just rolls his eyes. He lifts up his GucciGhost watch and is taken aback when he saw the time. He curses under his breath as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

“Taehyung bring the limo out! We’re already late, Seokjin’s plane is about to land.” Hoseok orders as he grabs one of his favorite Givenchy backpack and stuffs his wallet and phone into it. Taehyung has already called the driver as soon as Hoseok ordered him, and is waiting by the open door that he’s holding quite patiently. With one last look at his outfit he smirks at himself and finally leaves to go pick up his best friend from the  airport.


Hoseok crosses and uncrosses his arms, slightly red in irritation at the traffic that is currently going on. His eyebrows furrows as he slams his hand on the leather seat next to him. “What the hell is with this traffic?” He yells, more particularly towards the driver. Good thing that there’s a separator between them, if not, Hoseok would have probably choked him.

“We wouldn’t be in this situation if it wasn’t for this limousine.” Taehyung simply says and this seems to piss Hoseok even more.

“Kim Taehyung, I do not pay you to ing tell me what’s right or what’s wrong, I pay you to shut your up and talk when I ask you to.” Hoseok almost roars and Taehyung apologizes as he slightly bows. He’s been working for Hoseok long enough to know that his master didn’t say it from the heart, and that he only tends to be like this when he is slightly stressed. With a scowl on his face, Hoseok orders Taehyung to play his favorite songs so that it could help to lighten up his mood. After almost half an hour of painful waiting, they finally arrive in front of the airport, and just as Hoseok expected, paparazzi are crowded all over the entrance. Waiting for the one and only Kim Seokjin, to blind them with his handsomeness. Hoseok receives a text message, asking where he is and if he has arrived. He smiles and quickly replies back. The driver parks in front of the airport, and it was enough to catch the paparazzi’s eyes. Seokjin comes out of the entrance, basking all of them in his glory. One by one, they all gather in front of him like moths, deprived of his light. They all start to ask him questions, all good, scandalous, and nasty, anything just to get a reaction out of him. But being the angel that he is, chose to smile lightly smile at them instead. But one particular question seems to get his attention.

“Mr.Kim!” One lady from the very back shouts and Seokjin asks very kindly to make way for her. Once she was near enough, Seokjin flashes her a smile and it almost melts her to the ground. But she stands up straight and slightly raises her phone.

“What was your question again?” Seokjin asks her politely.

“Who has designed the outfit that you’re wearing today. I’ve never seen this design before.”

“I like your question, ma’am.” Seokjin grins and before he could even say anything, a calm but strong voice answers her question for him.

“I did.” Everyone turned to the owner of the voice and Seokjin just chuckles when he noticed who answered. The paparazzi turns towards Hoseok as they snap photos of him and bombarded with even more questions. But declines and makes his ways towards Seokjin who in turn grabs him by the shoulder as they show their caring side for each other to the media. Taehyung and some of Seokjin’s bodyguards did their best to keep the mob of people away so that they could the two out safely. Once they were away from the crowd, the three quickly get in the limo to take them to Mr. and Mrs. Jung’s house. Seokjin lets out a sigh of relief as he leans back into the comfy chair and close is eyes for a bit.

“I really can’t get used to this.” Seokjin confesses and Hoseok just rolls his eyes as he snoops around Seokjin’s hand carry.

“How was the red carpet?” Hoseok asks as he takes out Seokjin’s phone to check all the pictures he has taken.

“It was amazing! You should’ve gone with me!” Seokjin reaches for his phone to type his password in and gives it back to Hoseok.

“I was just at Paris a week ago. And besides, it’s good to travel by yourself once in a while.” Hoseok grins in delight as he swipes every photo and video, reminding him of his first time going to paris.

“By the way, how are you Taehyung?” Seokjin smiles at the younger as he kindly asks him for a bottle of water. With a nod, Taehyung hands him the ice cold bottle and answers.

“It’s probably not as great as your time in Paris, that’s for sure.” Seokjin feels bad, and already knows that Hoseok was probably demonizing the poor soul. Seokjin lights up as he reaches for his bag to pull out a box and a paper bag. He hands the gifts to Taehyung and Hoseok just scoffs, offended that Seokjin didn’t get him anything at all. Hoseok pouts and Seokjin couldn’t help but let out a teasing laugh.

“Idiot, I got you some stuff as well, they’re in my other bags though.” Seokjin informs and it was enough to put back the smile on Hoseok’s face.

“I can’t accept these.’ Taehyung hands them back and Hoseok lightly pushes his butler’s hands down.

“Taehyung, If someone took the time to think and buy something for you, you accept it. How do you think Jinnie would feel if you just turned down a precious item like that?” Hoseok sassily raises a brow and Taehyung lowers his head in apology.

“I’m truly sorry, I should’ve been more considerate.” Taehyung bows once more and Seokjin gives him a pat on the shoulders.

“It’s alright, it’s alright!” Seokjin grins as he comforts Taehyung.

“If you’ll excuse me then…” Taehyung says politely as he opens up the gifts. Taehyung couldn’t help bet let out a small smile, truly appreciating the stuff that Seokjin got him. In the box were chocolates from a very famous shop, and a handmade beret hat. “I will treasure these.” Taehyung says as he almost hugs the gifts.

“You should really be more nice to him.” Seokjin whispers towards Hoseok.

“I am nice, I just show it differently.” Hoseok retorts. The two continue to talk about Paris and what happened to Seokjin’s carpet, and how the movie went. Because of the Limo, the ride took longer than expected, causing Seokjin to fall asleep midway their chat.


Once they arrived, the gates automatically open and inside are Hoseok’s parents, Korea’s fashion geniuses, are waiting by the fountain as they wait for the two to come in. Hoseok doesn’t even bother Taehyung to open the door for him and just jumps out to catch the waiting embrace of his mom.

“My little hope!” She coos and Hoseok slightly blushes, feeling embarrassed on how his mom babies him too much.

“Mother, I am a grown man.” He whispers and she just laughs out as she rubs his back. His dad is just standing there, hand rubbing his chin as he looks Hoseok up and down in thought. He nods as he strides over Hoseok and take a closer look on his outfit, the one he just designed.

“Shred the vest, it’ll give a good contrast.” He advices as he pats his son by the shoulder.

“Thanks, dad.” Hoseok nods as he internally takes note. That’s what he likes about his dad, he’s frank and will always give him an honest opinion, which helps Hoseok a lot. Seokjin yawns as he joins the family. They all enter their home, in which a big, juicy news is awaiting them.

Hoseok’s parents quickly bring the two into the dinner table, more like shoving them into their seats, and Hoseok finally suspects something when he sees a sparkle in his mom’s eyes. The maids quickly enter the dining room to serve them food and Seokjin’s mouth start to water as the delicious aroma enter his nose.

“So, mother, why did you invite us for dinner?” Hoseok asks as he places a napkin on his lap. His mother’s eyes widen, getting caught off guard. She quickly covers with her small adorable hands and shoots a look at her husband. As if asking him if she could tell him the ‘news’. Her husband nods, the crinkle around his eyes evident as he smiles warmly at her and the other two. She grabs one of her hands and holds it in anticipation as he looks towards a confused Hoseok. She grins.

“Hoseok...are you ready to take over the company?” Hoseok’s breathing stop, he blinks. He blinks again, he looks towards Seokjin as if to have confirmation on what he just heard is true. But Seokjin seems to be in the same dumb haze as he turns to Hoseok, mouth agape, letting the water that he was just about to drink, dribble out.

“I thought Da-won was supposed to be the next head?” His voice slightly cracks, hands shaking.

“Your sister wanted a different path for herself. She wants to have a company of her own. And we respect that...” She informs, slight sadness in her voice. But she looks up with determination as she squeezes her husband’s hand. “We think it’s the right time for you to take over now, we’re not getting any younger Hoseok.” She smiles. Hoseok nods.

“Hey, this is great!” Seokjin shouts in excitement as he shakes a very still Hoseok. It felt like his heart just stopped for a second. Hoseok’s mom grabs seokjin’s hand as the two of them jump out of their seats to celebrate. His dad cuts in.

“But before that, you have to do something…” He says in a very serious voice, causing the other two to stop.

“What is it?” Hoseok gulps, losing the ever great confidence that he always had.

“Make your own designs and have a successful runway.” His dad calmly informs him. Hoseok chuckles as he leans back on his chair with a confident look on his face.

“This should be easy.” He knows it isn’t.