Chapter 5: New Discoveries

Letting Love in (originally Love at First Sight?)

Hoseok woke up on the floor. Ow, his head. Holding a palm up to his throbbing cranium, Hoseok sighed and took in the appearance of his surroundings. Oh yeah, he was literally on a pile of mirror shards. He shoved both hands into his hair and pulled the cherry strands in frustration. Jeez, how many more times was he gonna black out anyways? 

Grumbling, Hoseok managed to sit up without cutting up his entire body with shards. He decided to clean the mess of the floor up before inevitably hurting himself again and blacking out again. Then, just like an alarm, his foot throbbed in pain and Hoseok wanted to scream. Of course he couldn't do it himself. He was useless as ever. Crawling and dragging himself Making his way to his bedroom, Hoseok grabbed his phone and called Kihyun.

"Yes?" He heard a voice on the other line.

That didn't sound like his orange haired-friend. "Kihyun?" He spoke.

"Uh nope," the other voice said. "This is Changkyun."

Oh. Sigh. He was about to ask the other to put Kihyun on the line when he he heard muffled voices.

"Kyun, who are you talking to?" That was Kihyun.

"Hyung, it's Hoseok-hyung, I think he wants to talk to you. He sounds like he didn't get any sleep and it seems like he's in pain..."

"Really? Did he say tell you anything?"

"No, but you know Hoseok-hyung, he doesn't talk about how he feels-"

"HEY STOP TALKING ABOUT ME IN THE THIRD PERSON I'M RIGHT HERE YOU KNOW" Hoseok complained, frustrated with his friends ignoring his presence in the world. He then hiccuped, feeling the pain come back into his foot full-force. Hopefully no one heard that.

With that he heard Kihyun mutter a strict "don't move!" before hanging up.

Hoseok dropped his phone and stared at it. Would he really have to clean himself? Why would Kihyun just hang up on him? Weren't they friends? Did he do someth-

Suddenly the door crashed open and Kihyun rushed in, Changkyun trailing behind. Kihyun took one look at Hoseok and dropped to his knees beside him, his eyebrows scrunched together in worry.

Hoseok looked shocked. "K-Kihyun, it takes like a f-full 10 minutes for y-you to get to my h-house how did you even get here so f-fast-" He could feel his eyes prickling but he willed away his tears with all his power.

Kihyun's eyes softened and he scooted closer to Hoseok, looking him directly in the eyes. Changkyun sat down silently beside him, a small knowing smile grazing on his lips. Hoseok hated how his best friend's boyfriend could see right through him. "Hoseokie," Kihyun said softly, "do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

That's all it took for Hoseok to explode into tears, his body shaking vigorously. Kihyun wrapped his arms around him instantly, wordlessly providing him with comfort. Changkyun Hoseok's back warmly, trying to ease his apparent stress. Hoseok lay in his friends' arms for a long time, letting out all his sadness and defeat in the form of thick tears streaming endlessly down his face. 

Slowly, his trembling gradually decreased in intensity and his crying turned into weak little sniffles. He could feel Kihyun's hands carding through his hair, rhythmically lulling him into peace.

Once he was feeling completely dehydrated from draining his body of tears, Hoseok lifted his head and straightened up, his head down. He felt emarrassement sink in once he realized how much crying he had done. He almost wanted to cry again, but his eyes stung forcefully in protest, dehydrated from his previous episode.

Changkyun noticed this and widened his big puppy eyes meaningfully at Kihyun, who immediately got the message and took Hoseok's face in his hands, lifting his gaze to his own eye level. 

"Let's talk after we get you comfortable, okay?" Kihyun said softly, seeing how Hoseok was looking like a literal mess. He couldn't blame the poor boy, he probably felt like a literal mess, too. Hoseok could only nod and sighed gratefully in his direction.

♡♡♡♡♡

After having successfully coaxed Hoseok into getting up (with his friends' help, of course) and after Kihyun's motherly nagging from the mess in the bathroom, they were all sitting on the couches in Hoseok's living room. Hoseok had his third cup of chamomile tea in his hands, the steam floating up and tickling his face with breathy whipsers. 

"So," Kihyun began, his hand tucked into Changkyun's, who was leaning onto him. "Do you want to tell us what happened?"

Hoseok sighed and stared at the tea bag in his cup, watching the golden infusion seep through the hot water.

Kihyun already knew about his... past relationship experience. No point in hiding this from them now.

He began his explanation, starting from when he was at the gym, then his injury, the details of his dream, although reluctantly, and finally, the situation with the mirror. He left out his encounter with the boy from heaven- Hyungwon, gosh he could repeat his name forever- no one needed to know that right now.

He didn't look up once at his friends while he was speaking, as he was too embarrased by his own words. When he was finished, he peeked up at the people sitting in front of him and was met with a worried looking Kihyun, and a similar Changkyun, however he was supporting a slight- almost knowing- smile.

Hoseok frowned. Did he say something wrong? He left a part of the story out, but he thought he covered it up pretty well, so it didn't seem like there was a hole in his story. What if- what if Changkyun knew? No, he couldn't know, only Hyunwoo and Min- oh. oh. wait-

Hoseok peered up through his wet lashes at the still smirking Changkyun, his heart beating wildly as he tried to figure out how Changkyuk could know-if he did, that is. But his smile was a tell tale sign of I know something you don't want me to know and I am fully ready to use it to my advantage, so Hoseok feared the worst.

"You don't happen to know Minhyuk, do you Chankyun?" Hoseok suddenly blurted out, his voice cracking. He cursed himself for sounding like a nervous teenager, but he kept his eyes on him nonetheless.

Changkyun's smile grew wider and he whispered something into Kihyun's ear. During those 30 seconds of whispering, Kihyun's face went from confused, to worried, to surprised, to completely entertained. Now both his friends were smirking at him. Absolutely fantastic.

"So?" Hoseok persisted, trying to figure out if he had fallen into a deep hole or not. "Do you know Minhyuk or-

"He's my best friend," Changkyun let out, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

*****6 hours earlier*****

Changkyun was in the shower when he heard his phone ring.

Loud notes of "I'm like TT, oooh~ just like TT, oooh~" filled the bathroom, snippets of a certain person's favorite girl group song slipping in through the shower door and blending in with the pitter patter of water on the shower floor.

Changkyun groaned and let his head fall back into the stream of hot water. He had linked Minhyuk's number to this song for a ringtone so that he would know when not to pick up.

Unfortunately, said friend seemed to want to be extra annoying today and called Changkyun 5 TIMES before he aggrevatedly stomped out of the shower, threw a towel around his waist and snatched his screaming phone.

"You better have a good reason for calling me or I will slaughter you," Changkyun snapped as soon as he picked up.

"Wow~" came the drawled out whine on the other line. "This is how you treat your favorite hyung, Changkyunnie??" 

Changkyun rolled his eyes as he could hear the pout in his best friend's voice. "You know Kihyun-hyung is my favorite, hyung" Changkyun retorted.

"Yeah yeah," Minhyuk said sassily. Changkyun could help but smile at his best friend's attitude. "ANYWAYS, I GOT SOME GOOD STUFF FOR YA!!! SOME JUICY NEWS SON!"

Changkyun had to physically hold the phone away from his ear to evade his best friend's dolphin screeching. "Lower the volume, hyung, jeez! I'm gonna go deaf! Anyways, what's this juicy news you got?"

"HOSEOK-HYUNG HAS A CRUSH AND COMPLETELY HUMILIATED HIMSELF IN FRONT OF HIM AND THEN HE DROPPED A WEIGHT ON HIS FOOT AND IT WAS FUNNY UNTIL HE CRIED AND HE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND HIS CRUSH CAME AND HOSEOK-HYUNG WAS ALL FLUSTERED AND IT WAS GREAT"

Changkyun grinned. Hoseok-hyung had a crush? Interesting. He had to admit he was curious.

"Do you know who this crush is?" Changkyun asked through the phone.

Minhyuk giggled uncontrollably before gasping for air and stuttering out, "CHAE HYUNGWON!!!!"

Changkyun stopped. His smile widened. Chae Hyungwon?? The Chae Hyungwon??? 

Oh boy.

Hoseok didn't know what he was getting himself into.

*****PRESENT*****

Changkyun grinned widely at Hoseok in front of him, who currently had eyes as big as saucers.

"Minhyuk told me everything, hyung. No hiding it now." Changkyun's smile reappeared.

Hoseok went from anger, to whatamisupposedtosay, to complete and utter embarrassment. He looked down at his sock and bandaged foot, as they were VERY interesting in that moment-

Kihyun then spoke. Hoseok whipped his head up, only to see Kihyun looking at Changkyun.

"You know what happened with Hoseok and his relationship, Kyun." Kihyun murmured. "Be considerate."

Hoseok looked down. It was true- his friends obviously knew that he wasn't happy about being so attracted to Hyunwon.

It had been so long since his heart had beat so hard for someone else, and Hoseok was terrified. Terrified of losing control, terrified of betrayal, terrified of being in a relationship where trust is mutual. He wasn't ready for that.

Kihyun watched Hoseok with soft eyes and put his arm around his shoulders, rubbing his back comfortingly.

Changkyun then made big eyes at Kihyun and opened to mouth to whisper something to him. 

"But Kihyun-hyung, does he know that Hyungwon is-"

Kihyun immediately put a hand over Changkyun's mouth, motioning over to Hoseok with a worried smile on his face. Hoseok was now currently imagining the worst possibilities ever.

"THAT HYUNGWON IS WHAT???" Hoseok pretty much yelled. "TELL ME! IS HE-" Hoseok paled. His mind went blank, and he felt goosebumps rise on his skin. He then whispered, "is he a vampire?"

It all made sense- the snow white skin, the staring, the entrancing twinkle in his brown orbs, the powerful aura that seemed to hover around him... was Hoseok just his next target? 

There were about 30 seconds of silence before both his friends' worried expressions transformed into those of utter humor as they both exploded into laughter. 

Hoseok was confused and terrified. Did that mean Hyungwon was a- a vampire? Or worse, a werewolf?? Hoseok could feel his heart beating erratically in his chest as he imagined how bloody his death would be if Hyungwon fit into either of those categories.

Changkyun then slowed down his fit of laughter, Kihyun still cackling beside him.

"No hyung," Changkyun said between heavy breaths and tears streaming down his cheeks, "Hyungwon is not a vampire."

Kihyun then spoke up, trying to calm down his incessant Hoseok-humiliation, "but he's our college president's son!"

Both his friends erupted into another fit of laughter.

Hoseok was frozen. The president's son? What? Well at least he won't have to worry about getting his body drained of blood, if he's just a regular student at-

Oh. Oh. That means he would have to face the chances of seeing him. In school. Every. Single. Day.

Hoseok wanted to die.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Kind of a boring chapter, I'm sorryyyyyy I wrote this at 3am...

More Hyungwonho to come next chapter!

<3