Chapter 2: Change of Plans

Letting Love in (originally Love at First Sight?)

Hoseok opened his tired eyes to a giant, bright flashing light above him. He scrunched his eyes together as the light glaring from  overhead was about to set them on fire. Grumbling, he turned his head to the side to avoid the light.

He peeked over to the side and saw all white. This is not the apartment. Where am I? Hoseok was fully awake now, slightly panicking, staring around him at the bright whiteness he could see surrounding his vision.

Confused, he started to sit up, when he felt a burning, painful sensation spark up in his right foot. He yelped and tried to scramble away from it, until he realized that it was kinda attached to his body and that he couldn't really get away from it. Scratching his head, he looked up, only to be met with two hands pushing him back down on the bed. 

Hoseok literally bounced from surprise and jerked away, until he saw Hyunwoo's almond eyes over his face. He immediately relaxed. 

"Hey, Hoseok, you awake?" Hyunwoo said, clearly concerned.

"Yeah..." Hoseok mumbled. "I feel kinda dizzy though." His head was spinning, and he was starting to feel sick.

Hyunwoo's chuckled. "Well, that's from the lasting effect of the anesthesia the doctors had to give you to treat you after you got hurt."

Hoseok looked down. Injury? Wasn't he at the gym? How did he- Oh. Suddenly the memories came flooding back. The blood. The pain. The beautiful man-

Hoseok could feel his face heat up and turn red as the reality of the situation hit him full on. He literally embarrassed himself in front of HIM. Why, Hoseok, why??????

Hoseok was silently beating himself up and he suddenly glared at Hyunwoo. "Why didn't you leave me there in the gym to die? That would've had a much better outcome..." 

To Hoseok's disgrace, Hyunwoo just laughed. "You can't die from a broken foot, Hoseok." He said.

"I would have found a way", Hoseok mumbled to himself. 

Hyunwoo sighed. "Anyways, the doctor wants to see you, so I'm going to go. I hope everything goes well!"

Hoseok responded with a little smile and waited for Hyunwoo to exit the room before going back to wishing he were dead.

♡♡♡♡♡

After talking with the doctor, Hoseok was more than depressed. The doctor had told him, "Mr. Shin, you have severely broken your foot. Your little toe is completely broken, and with your metatarsal and cuboid bones are fractured. You will have to wear a cast for about 8 weeks for these to heal."

Then the doctor left, leaving Hoseok completely shaken and in total disbelief. He was in so much pain because of his broken little toe?????? And now he would have to wear a cast for 8 weeks?? All because of a broken toe. Well, he also broke his metawhateveritwas bone but seriously, his toe?? What kind of wimp did that make him? Hoseok bowed his head and let out a tired and frustrated sigh. What else could go wrong in his life right now? All his friends were in obnoxiously beautiful cheesy relationships, he was all alone and romantically dead, and now he had a fricking broken TOE. What more could go wrong? 

Suddenly deciding to be the strong man he was born to be, Hoseok lifted the blankets over his foot and started to unwrap his white-bandaged foot. He was going to just rip his toe off and then he wouldn't have to deal with all the humiliation. Yep, that was exatcly what he was going to do. He was going to prove that he- oh my god. Purple, blue and yellow crusted skin, numb and cold. Furiously stained with blood. Blood everywhere. It took Hoseok about a second for his entire face to turn go pale before he simply went limp and his body slumped down onto the bed, unconscious.

♡♡♡♡♡

Hoseok woke up feeling like the grumpiest cat in the world. When he opened his eyes, he was greeted with bright, wide, obnoxiously energetic eyes staring into his. If he was in fact a cat, he would just about rip Minhyuk's face off right about now. Hoseok just closed his eyes and hoped and prayed that Minhyuk would lose interest and go annoy someone else. Unfortunately, luck was not on Hoseok's side. What a surprise.

"GUYSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Hoseok's awaaaaaaakkkkkeeeeeee!" He heard Minhyuk scream as he scrambled across the room. 

Hoseok whined and grumbled under his breath, flopping his head down onto the dreadfully bright pillow. If only Minhyuk could disappear forever. If only he could disappear forever.

Suddenly Hoseok heard the door to his room open again, and he sighed, mentally preparing himself for some more annoying screaming. However, instead he heard a soft, slightly deep voice resonate inside the room.

"Hey... Hoseok?"

Said person immediately sprung his head up and whipped towards that voice, effectively pulling probably every single muscle in his neck. He winced and struggled to keep his eyes open. "Yes, that's m-"

However Hoseok's voice immediately stuck in his throat as soon as his eyes cleared up. It was him.

Beautiful chocolate brown doe eyes, sparkling to be the brightest thing in the room even with the obnoxiously blinding lights overhead. Strawberry pink lips, slightly agap. Soft, dark brown hair falling ever so gently onto a velvety pale forehead. Cherry-tinted cheeks that stood out against sharp snow-white cheekbones. Thick eyebrows slightly scrunched together in the most beautiful and y way- 

Hoseok didn't even notice Minhyuk jumping up and down in the back, trying to get him out of his faze. He was too caught up in this man's beauty, his logical and probably social awareness mind turned off. 

"HOSEOK, STOP STARING FOR GOODNESS' SAKE!!"

That's when Hoseok snapped. The first thing that came to his mind was  WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST DO IM SCREWED WHY DID I DO THAT IM SO STUPID- 

So he decided to stare at the ground. That seemed like a good idea. Yeah, let's just do that. 

"Hey, you okay? You look kind of red..." He heard Hyunwoo say as he approached him. Hoseok just felt his face redden even more, and he stared hard at the ground, wishing it would just engulf him and sweep him into the darkness forever.

He felt a hand on his shoulder. Hestitantly, he peeked up to see Hyunwoo's concerned eyes staring into his. Relaxing a little bit, he said, struggling to keep his face from looking like an overripe tomato, "umm... I-I think I'm o-okay n-now."

Hyunwoo smiled. Gaining a little confidence, Hoseok looked over Hyunwoo's shoulder. BAD IDEA BAD IDEA-

He was met with doe eyes boring into his, strawberry lips pulled into a very obvious smirk.

Hoseok's face went white, then purple, then deep red. Staring at the floor seemed like a good idea again, so that's what he did. He didn't know what bothered him more; the fact that he had just been staring at this man for a straight minute and that now he was smirking at him, or that that smirk was just SO DAMN HOT it made him weak in the knees. He just kept staring at the floor, trying to ignore the fact that everything seemed to be getting uncomfortably warm.

Then what Minhyuk said made his heart halt to a stop in its track. "Let's leave them alone for a little, huh Hyunwoo?"

The next thing Hoseok knew, Minhyuk was shoving a worried looking Hyunwoo out the door, and he was left in the room alone. Except he wasn't alone. He was with him. 

Hoseok gulped as he saw (beautiful) black shoes approach him. He forced himself to look up and again was stunned by the beauty that was standing in front of him. He felt his jaw go slack and drop open into a tiny breathless gasp before mentally slapping himself and dragging himself out of this faze.

Hoseok took a deep breath. He wasn't in love. It was just... immediate attraction. He couldn't fall in love anyways.

He decided to try to end this VERY uncomfortable silence by introducing himself, but his voice trembled a little (a lot) more than he wanted to. 

"H-hey- m-my na-ame i-is H-Hoseok... u-um w-what's your-yours?"

Jesus CHRIST why did he have to speak like that in front of this God-like man. 

Strawberry lips slipped into a smile. Hoseok thought he was going to die on the spot. Then, "I already know your name. Mine's Hyungwon." 

Hoseok's eyes widened in pure shock. Both because how the heck did he know his name and also because- Hyungwon. Hyungwon. The name rolled around in his mind, and he let it slip around his tongue, feeling its perfection. Hyungwon. That was such a beautiful name. It fit him so well. He wanted to say it out loud. Unconsiously, his eyes slipped down Hyungwon's lips and stayed there.

"Hyungwon," he whispered, barely audible. But Hyungwon heard it, loud and clear. The lips Hoseok had been staring at formed a tiny smirk. Before Hoseok could realize what was happening, Hyungwon was inches away from his face, minty breath on his face. Hoseok froze, his eyes locked into Hyungwon's, unable to move an inch. 

"Hoseok," Hyungwon whispered back.

Hoseok's heart stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

I got goosebumps just from writing that last part lmao. Currently writing the next chapter, coming soon!