Hello, Boyfriend

True Love

For the following days, both Sunggyu and Lily were busy with works, Sunggyu started to have musical rehearsals till late night continuously so Lily decided to stay at her own place. They only managed to meet for a short while at the office and sometimes had short video calls if he had longer break time. Still, he never forgot his promises, he had to find her the suitable dress and the accessories. He talked to a trusted stylist, Ji Min noona, and asked for her help, he gave her the measurements she needed and that took her a few days to find him some beautiful dresses according to his liking. The stylist noona kept the dresses in a locked cabinet so that the costume team wouldn’t notice or gossiped for that, then she passed the key to Lily with a friendly smile and said softly to her ear, “Fighting!” Couldn’t think of anything, Lily just replied a “Thanks” shyly but it was understandable, the stylist just patted her shoulder and walked away.

 

On the same day, Sunggyu changed his rehearsal to the earlier hour so that he could leave at 10pm and met Lily at her workroom for the dresses tryout. When he reached the workroom, the whole office was empty except for the two of them, which was actually a relief. They locked the door and switched off most of the lights, only left the changing rooms area with lights on. Sunggyu waited at the chair outside the changing rooms while checking his handphone absent-mindedly. He was tired for the whole day practice and rehearsal but he didn’t feel annoyed in waiting at all, instead he felt excited and he couldn’t wait to see how Lily looked with those beautiful dresses. He didn’t remember if he had ever waited for his ex girlfriends outside the changing rooms like this, this wasn’t his style at all. However, Lily was the exceptional, he would do everything for her willingly and happily.

 

When Lily came out with one of the beautiful dresses, Sunggyu couldn’t help to feel fluttering and delighted. She never wore this kind of dress before, not even once, and Sunggyu really thought it was a waste. He quickly took some photos with his handphone until Lily complained about it. She returned to the changing room to try for the remaining dresses one by one and when she came out again, his eyes shone with full affection and couldn’t help to smile sweetly and joyfully. He felt very pleased that the dresses fitted and suited Lily beautifully, he was glad that he had suggested Lily to attend the event with him and she agreed or he wouldn’t have chance to see her wearing those dresses. 

 

The dresses were three very different styles, a black velvet sleeveless deep V long dress, a maroon chiffon off shoulder midi dress and a mesh white top with light grey bottom midi dress. Lily looked perfectly nice in all three dresses but she likes the white and light grey mesh midi dress the most, especially the cute embroideries along the see through long sleeves in white and the layers of light grey bottom, it looked simple yet classic and elegant. She felt too uneasy in the black velvet dress when she had to reveal so much of her chest and her cleavage, and she didn’t like to show her whole bare shoulder in the maroon chiffon dress. Sunggyu didn’t say a word but he was pleased with her choice and he decided to secretly keep the other two dresses for their own private celebration in future.

 

On the day of the event, the office was empty and quiet because everyone was heading to the venue and preparing themselves for the event, only Ji Min and Lily stayed at the office because she was helping Lily for her make up and hairdo. Same as Lily, Ji Min didn’t like to attend such event, but she promised to help Lily so she stayed and did her make up and hairdo professionally. When everything was done, Lily thanked Ji Min wholeheartedly while Ji Min just smiled and wished her enjoy the night with Sunggyu. After Ji Min left, Sunggyu arrived the office. He felt stunned when he saw Lily. It was the first time he saw Lily in full make up with that cute little waves and curls at her shoulder length hair, and that beautiful mesh dress with the high heels she was wearing, everything suited her perfectly!

 

Sunggyu was fluttering and mesmerising until Lily nudged him lightly, he coughed in embarrassment and smiled stupidly to himself. Then, he held her hands and looked at her eyes lovingly, “You look fascinating.” He really felt like kissing her lips but he didn’t want to ruin her make up, so he kissed her hands instead. Lily felt so shy for his compliment, she just smiled and nodded and didn’t know what to say and responded. They took some photos together, after Sunggyu satisfied with the photos, they sat at the office to spend some time together and to have some light snack that Sunggyu prepared. They didn’t plan to stay the whole night at the event, Lily didn’t like the attention and Sunggyu also didn’t feel like going after seeing the beautiful dressed up Lily, he wanted to keep her to himself, he didn’t want to share his precious to the others. However, he had an important mission tonight, he had an important role to play to shove all the nonsense away and kept his precious Lily safe with him. 

 

When they finally arrived the ballroom, it was the highlight of the event: Lucky Draw. The lighting only shone at the stage and everyone was focus on the stage too, Sunggyu and Lily entered the ballroom without anyone noticed. They settled down at the furthest corner table and tried to search for Jung Yeop and Kenny’s table. Sunggyu spotted their table and told Lily about it, she looked really nervous and Sunggyu felt very bad for her. He held her hand with firm grip and said with his soothing voice, “It won’t be long, I’ll be right there very soon.” 

 

Didn’t know if his voice or his firm gripping, Lily felt calmer and manage to bulk up her courage. She nodded to him once, then stood up and walked towards the table at the center of the ballroom. Sunggyu guarded Lily with his eagle gaze until she sat down with Jung Yeop and Kenny. He didn’t like the idea at all but he had to do it no matter how hateful he felt, once and for all, he told himself. Without looking at Lily again, he left the table and went to the band section, he still had plans to carry out.   

 

After Lily joined Jung Yeop and Kenny, Jung Yeop took excuses to leave the table, leaving Lily and Kenny to further the progress. She hated it so much and cursed Jung Yeop quietly, but she still had to be polite to Kenny because after all, it was all Jung Yeop’s fault, not Kenny. The lucky draw had ended, the band started to play some soothing music and the dancing floor slowly filled with people to dancing around. “Would you like to dance? The music sounds good.” Kenny suddenly invited Lily for a dance. “Er... no, I’m not into dancing, sorry...” Lily replied apologetically and smiled politely to him, and he seemed not mind at all, he smiled friendly to Lily and continued his small talked to Lily. 

 

“Excuse me, would you like a dance?” Out from no where, a familiar voice rang at Lily’s ear. She turned to the voice and saw her life saver, her charming prince smiling sweetly to her, she felt so relief and couldn’t help to smile sweetly to him too. When she was about to stand up for his rescue, she heard Kenny said, “She doesn’t like to dance.” Lily turned to look at Kenny, he was smiling politely to Sunggyu but the hidden message was loud: go away and don’t disturb us. This wasn’t good, in fact, very annoying. Lily looked at Sunggyu and worried if he might be angry, but he smiled politely and said, “You must be Kenny... Hi, I’m Kim Sunggyu, Lily’s boyfriend. Nice to meet you.” He held out his hand wanted to shake hand with Kenny, Kenny’s smiling face become harden, he shook Sunggyu’s hand robotically. 

 

Sunggyu released his hand and continued, “Lily really hates dancing, she hates this kind of event too, but she promises me to come and have a dance with me tonight, so... would you excuse us?” Still smiling politely, he then turned to Lily and held out his hand, waiting for her to respond. She took his hand without hesitation and turned to Kenny, also smiling politely and said, “Excuse me...” Then, without looking back again, she stood up and followed Sunggyu to wherever he headed to. 

 

Gracefully, they walked to the dance floor hand in hand, but he can sense that Lily became nervous again. Still holding her hand, he placed her other hand around his shoulder, he also held her waist with his other hand gently, then they started to dance, or just swayed to the music. “This is too much attention, Mr Kim Sunggyu.” Lily spoke under her breathes nervously. Sunggyu liked how she addressed him as ‘Mr Kim Sunggyu’, he smiled cheerfully and earned Lily’s second complain, “This isn’t funny...” Still smiling, he said, “Look at me, just look at me, and breathe follow my beat, in... out... in...... out......” The breathing helped to calm her a lot, with his firm grip and his thumb slightly rub at her waist, she felt better, her heartbeats turned to the normal speed and she manage to speak again, “Feels like giving birth...” They both bursted out laughter and Sunggyu spoke teasingly, “Oh, your senses is back!” Lily scowled at his teasing but she couldn’t help to smile again because yes, she felt a lot better and she felt great to make things clear.

 

Very soon, people at the dance floor started to notice them. Lily noticed the discussing crowd too, “Everyone is looking at us now...” “Not everyone, the band members aren’t looking at us, CEO and his friend are missing too.” Sunggyu spoke with his careless tone. “Really?” Lily turned to look at the table at the center, no one was sitting there. When she looked at Sunggyu again, he made a face and said, “Who cares?” Right, why should she care about what others thought of her? Who were they to judge her? She only hoped that Jung Yeop won’t lecture her after tonight, or gave Sunggyu any hard time. She only cared of Sunggyu, no one else. “You know...” Sunggyu continued, “...the staffs had signed the agreement when the take the job, they can’t reveal anything to the outsider about what they see and hear in the company, and it’s really normal for a man and a woman to dance together, so... try to enjoy the moment, take my hand and dance with me...” Lily decided to follow what he said and danced with the charming Sunggyu. 

 

After the music ended, Sunggyu didn’t seem to return to their table. “Are we going to dance for whole night?” Lily asked doubtfully. “The band members will continue the songs I love... ahh... see?” The band started a new songs, it was one of Sunggyu’s favourite. “I gave them a list of five songs, so, three more to go.” He explained and then laughed at Lily’s startled face, then he toned down a bit and said genuinely, “I never had any chance to dance with you like this... we can only do it here because it’s a closed event.. and with you dress up this beautifully, you really shouldn’t hide at a corner. I want everyone to get a chance to see you, my beautiful, my precious...” If they weren’t dancing at the public, Sunggyu would have kissed her sweetly... but no, they’ll have plenty of time later tonight, he had to control himself for now and enjoyed the priceless moment with Lily, his precious. 

 

Lily felt fluttering at Sunggyu confession, she knew he was telling the truth and that made it sounded more touching and heartwarming. “I like your suits too, you look very nice in this colour... classic... and gorgeous...” Sunggyu just smiled shyly to her compliment. She was very nervous for the whole night, she didn’t really pay attention to his clothing until just now, that he was wearing the grey suits with black button shirt and a black tie, which actually paired with her dress. She looked at this lovely man emotionally, felt utterly moved to the details he paid attention to. As if he understood her emotion, he brought both her hands to his neck while him placing his both hands around her waist then pushed her closer to him. Their foreheads almost touched one another, and he just managed to smile sweetly to her, almost lost himself to kissing her...

 

“Noona...? Noona it’s you!!” Someone spoke excitedly and both Sunggyu and Lily had to break away to look at the person who spoke, which actually a group or people: Sungjong, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Woohyun and Dongwoo. “Noona, I never thought it was you, you never came to the event!” Dongwoo spoke genuinely, and Sungjong continued, “Noona, you look so pretty!! Please take photo with me!!” He took out his handphone immediately and took selfie with her while the others started talking with Sunggyu, as to ask him where had he been the whole night, they couldn’t find him, etc... Sunggyu already felt annoyed to their nosy behaviour and disturbed his lovely moment with Lily, so when Sungjong placed his hand on Lily’s shoulder to take more photos, Sunggyu finally snapped, “Yah yah yah... careful with your hand...” He took Sungjong’s hand away from Lily’s shoulder and let it fall to the air, which startled all the members. 

 

They looked at Sunggyu then turned to look at Lily confusedly, then returned to look at Sunggyu again, Lily couldn’t help to smile at the funny scene while Sunggyu was all annoyed and impatient to them, he took a deep breathe and spoke with his low voice quietly, “Keep your voice low and keep this among us...” He looked at them seriously then continued, “Right, we... couple...” Lily felt surprised to Sunggyu’s reluctancy, he was all cool and graceful when he talked to Kenny just now, why he turned to this sheepish when he told the members about them being couple? While members’ reaction was even funnier, they were too stunned to react, only looked at Sunggyu and Lily, until Dongwoo managed to say something, “Hyung, your acting improves a lot!” 

 

Lily couldn’t stand it and bursted out laughter, then members started to bombard Sunggyu with numerous questions in whispering: “Hyung, is this real??” , “Hyung, since when you started?” , “Hyung, how could you hide this from us??” , “Hyung! I can’t believe you secretly dating!!” , “Hyung, ......” , “Hyung, ......” 

 

“Enough!!” Sunggyu cut off them and spoke with low voice, “Remember what I said, keep this among us!!” “But hyung, you owe us the explanation!” Sungyeol wouldn’t let go, so Sunggyu had to make a promise, “I promise I’ll explain to you guys... but not now, not tonight...” “Why??” Members asked in unison. Reluctantly, he sighed and said quietly, “We have plans...” “Oooooh......” Members sounded in unison again then looked at both Lily and Sunggyu teasingly. Lily felt like punching Sunggyu’s head for making the situation so embarrassing but she couldn’t react because members were looking and she really didn’t know what was the plans he meant. Sunggyu was very embarrassed too but he still clear in mind and managed to handle, “So, would you guys excuse us now?” As immediately, members all held their hands to a direction as if showing “This way... please...” Without waiting, Sunggyu held Lily’s hand and headed to the main door, they left the ballroom and headed to his car.

 

When they finally settled in Sunggyu’s car, Lily looked at him and spoke playfully, “I didn’t know we have plans...” Sunggyu replied excitedly, “Surprise~~~!!” “You really aren’t going to tell me... hmm...?” She leaned over and looked at him with her puppy eyes. Sunggyu really liked how she played cutely to him, he smiled sweetly and spoke with his sweet voice, “Be patient, you’ll see...” Then, he ignited his car to life and started the journey towards the destination he had planned. Therefore, Lily put on the seat belt and sat relaxingly in his car while listening to the songs played by the car sound system. She looked absent-minded, but her mind was actually drowned in the unforgettable scene where Sunggyu introduced himself coolly and gracefully: “Hi, I’m Kim Sunggyu, Lily’s boyfriend. Nice to meet you.”