Who am I

Help me, I've lost myself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After I finished my breakfast, the nurse told me I could walk around a bit so I am not too bored. And of course I gladly accepted that offer, making my way to the rooftop. I just couldn't get that guy from that night out of my mind, I felt so attached to him it made my heart hurt, but why?

As I stepped over the door step, to the cold outside I was greeted by the scent of winter. I couldn't really describe how the scent of the wind triggered the word winter inside of me but it just happened and I loved every single of it. Making my way to the dead end of this roof top, I stared into the distance to see many people build up their booths probably for a christmas market.

When a cold breeze hit my bare shoulders, I hugged myself for some warmth but nothing came out of it , except for the feeling of emptiness. 

And like something was triggered inside of my mind again, warm tears rolled down my cheek. 

I smiled sheepishly to myself. 

Who the hell am I? 

I clenched my hand on the fabric of my hospital dress, where my hurting heart was probably under. It just hurt so much that it took my breath fully. It was hard to breathe, but still I tried to cry as silently as I can, because I didn't want anyone to hear or to bother. 

"Hey...Are you okay?" 

As I heard a deep voice ring inside of my ears, my heart beat increased and my body froze. 

"Umm..it's just this is my regular chill place you know and I thought I heard a girl sobbing..." 

I closed my eyes letting a single tear roll down my cheek again before wiping my wet cheeks and turn around on my heels with a big smile on my face, which the boy in front of me didn't return. 

"You must have imagined something, because I am clearly okay." 

I said and whipped on my legs back and forth as I analysed the boy's face. 

He was incredibly handsome, like I didn't know people like this could even exist. His eyes weren't even that special, I mean they were just dark brown like almost every pair of eyes on this world but...those eyes they pulled me into another world no another universe. I felt free...I felt how happiness and love spread through my body as I kept staring into his eyes. He probably thought I was some kind of weirdo but he himself couldn't stop staring into my eyes as well. 

"If you say so.." The guy kind of mumbled and broke our eye contact, rubbing with his right hand his neck with an expression on his face I couldn't read. As he was doing his thing, my eyes wandered down to his legs, which were seated perfectly in a wheelchair and then it hit me. 

"You!" I pointed up my finger at his shocked face. 

"You were the guy I saw that night right? Here on this rooftop, did you..did you call me by my name by any chance? If so how do you know me? Do I know you? Were we friends?" I tried not to stutter as his eyes still stared into mine, making me feel weird in some kind of way. Then to my surprise, his lips curved up into a beautiful smile, taking my whole breath again.

"No, sorry wasn't me. I don't know you." 

"Oh...that's okay. Sorry for bothering you then." My heart felt like breaking apart any minute as his last four words kept repeating themselves inside of my mind, without me knowing why. 

"I gotta go, you can have this place for now." I slightly smiled down at him, before taking careful steps towards the rooftop door, until I noticed something. 

"Hey, what's your name?" I my heels only to brush my hair back behind my ear as I watched the boy turn around skillfully with his wheelchair. 

"Call me V." When his eyes met mine, I felt another breeze hit my dress, making me hold it in place, as I couldn't stop feeling lost inside of his eyes. This time his lips curved up to the most beautiful and realest smiles I have ever seen till now, making me chuckle as my gaze shifted up to the sky.

"You're not going to tell me yours?" 

I closed my eyes as I let his deep voice sink into my mind, hoping to never forget it or just this moment.

"When I'll find it, I'll tell you." 

I said not waiting for an answer as I made my way to the door, closing it carefully before making my way  to my room. 

"V.." I mumbled under my breath before wrapping myself with my blanket, as I saw my toes stick out from underneath my blanket. 

"Oh?" Unwrapping myself from the blanket again, I looked at my bare legs. 

"The hair...is gone?" I felt already so stupid for not noticing it but how or when did this even happen? 

"It must have been wax otherwise it wouldn't still be so smooth..." I said as I kept my legs, it just felt so satisfying. 

"Uhh I'm sorry for disturbing miss but here is your lunch." A nurse came in and looked at me with an amused expression. 

"Yeah of course just give it to me." I said as I felt like dying out of shame right here and then. Trying to not let it show.

When she gave me the plate full of food and a glass of water, she winked at me one last time with a smile on her face before going back to where she came from, but as I was watching her go in the hope with no comment on anything she of course crushed it and turned around one last time.

Don't worry every woman does it." As she then disappeared I slammed my head into my pillow, maybe it would take mercy on me and suffocate me somehow, I thought but nothing happened. 

"Just going to eat now." I sighed and shoved some food into my mouth as I watched some snowflakes fall down from the sky outside of the window.

I wonder if he went back to his room. 

 

 

"How can I get this winning strike like you do?" 

V pouted and threw up his arms in frustration ,as his nintendo switch rested on his lap. 

"It's something you get born with. You don't have it now then you won't have it in the near future either." 

I shrugged my shoulders, chosing carefully a new route. Yep, we were playing mario cart, a game I really liked. When I first happened to mention it in front of V, I didn't think his eyes would sparkle so much and make my heart flutter at the same time.

"Thanks for nothing." He growled, but still took the switch back into his solid hands. 

"This time, I'm going to crush you." 

I watched him with amusement, but then my eyes wandered back to the game. Like hell, I would loose this time. 

 

 

 

"Seriously 7th place? And you 1st? You manipulated this game somehow come on! This cannot be true." 

V pouted again and took a gulp of water, that was laying right next to him, on a small desk next to his bed. 

"Yeah keep telling you that, born looser." I slighly smiled as my eyes couldn't seem to let go of his appearance any time soon. 

"One day I will beat you, don't forget this!" 

V claimed and finally his eyes met mine. He stopped in his tracks and for a second it looked like he wanted to say something but then a smile appeared on hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter