Who are you

Help me, I've lost myself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything happened so fast. Jae-in didn't even realize what happened, even when she heard a loud bang and pain attacking her whole body, because darkness took all over her sight.

"Jae-in!" 

___________

Beep Beep 

What the hell? 

Beep Beep 

Where am I? Am I at the hospital?

Beep Beep

"...Doc...she....wakin...." 

Beep Beep 

This voice...it sounds so familiar...I want to see the owner's face.

As I tried to open my eyes, pain attacked my whole body. I started to shake violently, hearing muffled screams when I did so. I wanted to stop I really wanted to but just like that...I wasn't able to move my own body like how I wanted to...I couldn't even feel my eyes, which I desperately tried to open to see my surroundings. 

What the hell happened?

One last thought crossed my mind, till I felt like my awarness started to drift out to god knows where. 

 

 

I woke up to the sound of the door creaking open. Lightly I tried opening my eyes, only to be blinded by the brightness of the room I was lying in. 
When I tried to raise up my upper body, I was shocked at to how light the pain inside of my body now was. It was still hurting of course but still bearable. I tried raising up my right hand and then my left hand...looking at them suspiciously. I was tied to some things I didn't even know the name of and I don't know why but it felt so weird moving some body parts of mine. 


What was happening to me?

When I heard the door creak open again, my eyes turned their gaze to a Black haired woman, holding beautiful flowers in a vase.

"Jae-in!" The vase in her hold, dropped down only to split into thousand of pieces. But it didn't seem like the woman cared much about the poor flowers, which were lying left alone on the cold floor, when she stepped over them in a hurry, making her way to me. 

She wrapped her petite fingers over my right hand, lifting it slightly up as she did so. Making me seem like a shattered mirror which was repaired. She had to be careful of touching me, otherwise I would shatter down again.

She looks so tired and worn out. 

I thought as my gaze shifted to her dark eye bags. She was smiling warmly at me but her smile didn't felt as warm as her touch did. I felt like I knew this touch, Like I knew who this woman was and then it hit me. 

I didn't know who this woman was. 

"I-I'm so glad you finally woke up, jae-in. I-I--" Big tears started to form around the corners of her eyes, taking no time to flow down her red cheeks.

I didn't had time to react, I didn't even know what to do, except for staring at this woman, who kept calling me by a name that was so familiar but at the same time not.

"Do I know you?" Without realizing I spit out the words, which I wanted to ask the whole time. 

I saw how her eyes got slightly wider, but then the woman decided to wipe her tears away and smile more brightly at me than before.

"I'm your mother, darling." 

And with that a pain shoot through my heart. 


What this was my mother? If She is...then why cannot I remember her, why can't  I- 

"It's okay. I know you cannot remember me, dear. Everything is going to be okay, just let me call a doctor for you, hm?"  

Just like she saw right through my shocked self, the woman pressed her fingers one more time more tightly around my hand, trying to signal to me that I wasn't alone, here. 

But I was.

When I gave her a slight nod with my head she disappeard right through the door, making it creak open again. 

 

Why do I feel like she is crying over there behind the door? 

My heart clenched at that thought. My mother or not, this woman looked like she watched over me the whole time. I have to be strong for her and remember her as quickly as I can to show her my gratitude.

When I shifted my gaze back to my now cold right hand, I saw how it was shaking. Was I shaking the whole time? 

I wrapped my left hand around my right one trying to ease the tightness of my muscles there. 

Just then the door creaked open again and a man with a long white coat was visible walking towards me, behind him the woman. 

"Alright jae-in, let's start with some simple questions, okay?" The man spoke softly to me as he sat down right next to me on the bed, his eyes never leaving mine. 

I don't know why but I felt really uncomfortable under his stare. Without notice I clenched my fingers, nodding slightly in agreement, looking here and then to the woman, to make sure she would stay here by my side. Unlike the man, who was here with me I felt more comfortable with her by my side. 

 

 

 

A week went by like the time of a funny day you sometimes have. Too fast. 

Brushing back my hair with a comb my mother gave me, I chuckled looking at some old photos of me and my mother. She told me that I just got out of school and after some months I was ready to go to a university, but then as I was on the way there....I happened to get into an accident. She didn't tell me more because she was scared I would get some panic attack or something and to be honest, I didn't even want to hear that much. Whenever she tried to make me recall some memories with her, I felt like loosing more of myself. I just felt like there was something big missing and before I could get back that special missing piece, I couldn't proceed anymore. 

I sometimes just felt so empty. Why am I like this? 

"Jae-in, I'm going home for today, okay?" My Mother stuck her head into my room, smiling softly when she saw me looking at the old photos of us. 

"I'll bring you more tomorrow." She winked one last time at me before softly closing the door behind her. 

 

Silence filled the room and I let out a sigh I've hold in this whole time.  This just didn't feel right. 

 

I pulled off my white blanket, sliding my legs slowly to the side of my bed. When I looked at my bare legs, my whole blood ran cold. On my legs were tiny leg hairs showing. 

"Oh my god." Looking around for a shaver or something, it didn't surprise me that there was none in this room.

"This cannot be real. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter