Great dinner

Stay

"Hello, I'm Huang Zitao. I am her boyfriend." Zitao's introduction makes them surprised except Jongin. 

I am surprised as well since we agreed not to reveal our relationship in new school. Well it is kinda obvious that I was jealous when the girl in front of him flirted with him but still I don't want everyone knows our relationship especially when it is the first day of schooling. Oh Sehun is really surprised until his mouth open a small 'o'. Park Chanyeol looks surprised but he quickly control his face expression. I don't know what should I do so I just stand there staring at Zitao. 

"Oh hello Zitao." Chanyeol said to break the silence. Jongin then pull my hand ask me to sit. 

I just eat silently. I can feel that Zitao is eyeing Chanyeol. I don't understand why he did that. Chanyeol is doing nothing harmless but why he acted like that? Kim Jongin just enjoying his food alone. 

"Don't you feel the awkward atmosphere?" Sehun whispered to Jongin but loud enough for us to hear. 

"Just eat your food, Sehun." Jongin said to him as if nothing has happened.

"So.. what is your major?" I asked Chanyeol to break the awkwardness. Zitao diverts his gaze towards me, frowning.

"Me?" Chanyeol hesitatedly ask. "Im taking technical. I don't like science." he said honestly.

"Ah i see."

The atmosphere becomes awkward again once I'm done talking. We just eat quietly until the bell rings telling us to go back to the class. I excuse myself first since I need to go to washroom to wash my hands. 

"After you met that park chanyeol guy, you don't want to walk with me huh" I heard Zitao's voice from the back as Im walking to the class.

"What's wrong with you? Don't we agreed to not reveal this relationship in new school?" 

"He likes you! I can tell that he likes you." 

"What the hell, Tao? He didn't even say anything."

"I am a guy and I know what he feels" 

I tried to walk away from him since we are already late for 5 minutes. Zitao grab my hands firmly for not listening to him. 

"Ya! It hurts!" I screamed. 

"Don't you ever try to talk to him again!" Zitao said and leaves me behind.

I just look at him walking away. It is just our first day here but this happened. Why the hell he wanted to feel jealous? I look at my watch and realised that I'm late the class. . I'm running to my class and the teacher just started to teach. I apologized to her for being late and she told me it's okay since this is my first time. Miss Park Eun Bin teach us Biology. This is my favourite subject back then in Japan. My ambition is to be a doctor so i have to work harder to score in this subject and the science subjects. I take a glance at Zitao. He calmly talk with Hanah, the girl who flirts with him. Ah, don't mind him Chae, don't mind him. I inhale and exhale loudly to get rid of my tiredness. 

"Here, water for you." Jongin gives me a bottle of water.

I give him a questioned look.

"You look tired. I'm sure you running out of breath after running thinking you're late to the class. Drink this." 

I just drink the water as I am very thirsty. I mouthed him thank you and he just nodded. 

 

Done of school today and Jongin asked me whether I want to join him to go to cafe nearby or not but I just decline him nicely. I have a lot of things to do. Zitao and I have to registered for a club to fill in our co-curricular, as well as to uncover our talent. I decided to choose music club since I like to play piano. As for Zitao, he takes soccer club. We have our club activities every Wednesday after classes, which means it is two days from now. I am excited to know new people that share same interest as me. 

"Chaerin." Zitao begins. "I'm sorry" he gives me a sad look. That look that he gave me reminds me of him back four years ago where his mom leaves him and his dad. Their parents kept arguing each other back then. We can heard the bang when his mom threw the glass to the wall everytime they had a fight. Zitao would come over to our house crying silently. The day their parents got divorce, Zitao just sit alone in his room. I felt very sorry towards him. Living in a broken family is surely not easy at all. Since that day, I always told myself to treat him nicely. 

"It's okay." 

"I didn't mean to do that. I'm worried that you will leave me like my mom did. I really love you, you know that right? I--"

"Zitao, I said it's okay. Let's go home. I know you're tired."

We walk home together and I invite him to come to my home for dinner but he refused since he already promised his dad to eat together. As I entered the house, I can hear my mom shouted from her room saying that we are going to have dinner at our new neighbour's. I am soooooo lazy to go but I know if i didn't go, my mom would probably nagging for two days. To avoid that, I just agreed and walk towards my room to take a shower. I choose to wear a hoodie and long pants. Right at 8pm, we go to our neighbour's house. 

"Hello, I am Chaerin. I'm 18 this year." I introduced myself and give them a warm smile. 

"Ah your age is same as my son!" Mr Kim said excitedly. 

"They probably have already known each other" my dad respond to him.

"Too bad, he's not home yet. He's at his friend's house." Mrs Kim interrupted them. 

We had a nice dinner. Mrs Kim prepares a lot of food like rice, samgyetang, fermented soybean paste stew mixed with fresh salad, kimchi and green onion pancake as side dishes. She is really a good cooker. 

"Aunty, your cooking is very delicious!" I praised her sincerely. "Mommy can learn from you" I said jokingly. 

"Why should your mom learn from me when I can directly teach you." she teased me back.  I just grin sheepishly. 

After eating and chit chatted for almost three hours, we decided to go home. 

"Ah I'm sorry, too bad you can't see my son." Mrs Kim said apologetically. 

"It's okay. We just live next door. I'm sure we can see him anytime soon." 

"Thank you for the meals, aunty." I then bit a goodbye. 

Before I sleep, I revise what I have learnt at school today and prepare for tomorrow's class. Today was a good day. I got some new friends and I hope I can get along with them. I suddenly remind of what Zitao has said. Chanyeol likes me? What a nonsense. We don't even know each other so why would he like me, right? Zitao is being paranoid for no reason. I hope Chanyeol won't misunderstand him. 

*Beep beep*

A message coming from Huang Zitao. 

Good Night, Chaerin-ah.

Good night, uri panda.

 

--