Auditions

Love At First Sight
Please log in to read the full chapter

Joohyun didn’t know how to tell Seulgi she was actually the CEO of IREntertainment.

She merely hummed along and chuckled when Seulgi started enthusiastically sharing her love for singing, and how it was a great honour and opportunity to even be shortlisted in such an ‘awesome’ company. Joohyun had been puzzled at first as to why Seulgi had thought of her company to be ‘awesome’, but as Seulgi went on, she realised that it was because of how it was a company that was led by a really inspirational lady who wouldn’t let any of the meninist agencies around deter her.

“So what is your occupation, Joohyun unnie?”

Joohyun suddenly felt nervous. What if Seulgi treated her differently because of her status?

She was uncomfortable with revealing her identity to Seulgi because she didn’t want their new friendship to be affected because of her status.

“ It’s alright if it’s confidential, you don’t have to tell me.”

Seulgi had sensed the aura of uneasiness from the brief silence between them and merely smiled—which made Joohyun feel a little bad that she couldn’t tell her about her job.

When they finally reached the building, Joohyun released the soft grip she had on Seulgi’s arm and took a deep breath.

“We’re here.”

Seulgi then moved forward to hug Joohyun which caught the older girl by surprise. Despite their short time together, Seulgi was grateful to have met someone who had such a caring heart like Joohyun. Even though she couldn’t see her, she was sure that Joohyun was a really beautiful person since she had such a beautiful heart.

“Thanks for taking care of me Joohyun unnie. I’ll be going now! Wish me luck!” the younger girl chirped, bowing her head politely to the brunette before heading towards the building.

“Good luck, Seul!”
Joohyun waved, momentarily forgetting that Seulgi wasn’t able to see it.

 

Joohyun was beyond impressed as she finally listened in to last candidate of the audition silently. All of the other previous potential trainees had immense talent but a particular girl—the same girl with the cherub and beautiful smile from the train station—had outdone everyone else. From the expressiveness of her gestures and facial expression to the raw emotions in her voice as she belted out her notes which commanded the panel of judges to listen, sending goosebumps all over their skin.

 

If the wind may blow on my heart, telling me again that I’m alone,

should I just give out a sigh and ask myself why do I have to live myself?

 

Though I may be sad I’ve got to live; because I feel so sad I must go on.

The melody of a sad and forlorn girl going through hardships and living even when she didn’t understand why she did crept its way into Joohyun’s heart. It reminded Joohyun how it hadn’t been easy for her to be the boss of her own entertainment company. Joohyun was often slighted by the

Please log in to read the full chapter