Coincidences

Love At First Sight
Please log in to read the full chapter

Joohyun let out a deep sigh the moment she caught sight of the long draggy line of people waiting by the doors in the train station. It didn’t help when she could barely see the light of the first train through the doors that were cluttered with squashed backs and palms against tempered glass. When the doors opened, she watched as commuters stumbled and shoved and pushed one another just to get a spot onto the train.

It was a daily struggle—getting on transport without much hassle.

Of course Joohyun wasn’t someone to complain aloud.

Not because she didn’t have any complaints.

But because it took up too much energy to complain.

And her lack of sleep didn’t help with that.

Joohyun was an early riser even though she didn’t like it.

Even weekends were not spared—reducing the brunette to heavy sighs and rubbing of temples in resignation to her lack of fate with her beloved sleep when she woke to a blaring 5 A.M. in her face on a Saturday morning. She could only hope to get a shut eye and go back into her well-deserved sleep but of course, it was to no avail.

Joohyun exhaled deeply as she watched the third train pass by her and how she finally had visibility of her own reflection in the glass wall.

Another sardine-packed train.

At that rate, she might as well have taken the day off to catch up on her loss of sleep; although it was evident from her own experience for the last decade or so that it wasn’t actually going to happen. Glancing at her watch, she realised that she wouldn’t be as early as she had expected to be, and would probably have had to join the crowd at the lift lobby—something that she really disliked.

Crowds.

Yet it would seem that life would be testing her when the third train was sardine-packed as well. She clucked her tongue in annoyance and ran her fingers through her hair.

Yeah, life was definitely pulling her leg and tempting her to shove a hard kick in its face—that is if it had one, of course.
Joohyun felt the tension between her brows slightly loosen when she finally managed to get onto the god-damned fourth train. It was still crowded, although a lot lesser as compared to the previous trains.
Picking a spot that was clear of bumping shoulders and shoving of bags, Joohyun settled and shoved her earpieces into her ear to drown out the incessant noise from the ahjummas on the train that was starting to give her a headache.

Just as the brunette thought that she had finally managed to regain some peace and calm in her trip, she felt a poke against her back, and turned to look from the corner of her eye, scowling at the person’s lack of consideration. Being someone who felt strongly about personal space, Joohyun didn’t take people touching her well. Even so, she understood that it was a moving train and it was possible for such accidental contact from the train’s abrupt movements (although she couldn’t understand why people just had to stand so close to her). She pulled out her earphones as she snapped her head around, ready to bite off her intruder’s head when she felt someone tap her on the shoulder—a violation of her personal principles for the second time—only to hold her anger back and simmer down immediately when she realised that it was unnecessary.

“Excuse me, sorry but could you let her hold onto the railing?”


A middle aged lady had gestured and Joohyun noticed that a girl not very much younger looking than herself was holding onto a thin white cane.

Oh.

Joohyun made way and guided the younger girl so she could get a grip on the supportive handles and balance herself while she felt completely embarrassed that she had almost yelled at a blind person.

“Thank you!”

The younger girl had chirped cheerfully, a wi

Please log in to read the full chapter