white knight

jasmine tea
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jihoon sighs for the umpteenth time that night as he glances across at the empty seat before him. He dares a look up, only to catch other patrons giving him pitying gazes and whispering behind their hands.

 

Biting his lip, Jihoon looks down, twisting his fingers in his lap. Honestly he shouldn't be so surprised that his boyfriend has stood him up again. These days the other barely even says two words to him. Jihoon feels his eyes water but he wills himself not to cry. He doesn't want to embarrass himself further.

 

A waiter clears their throat and Jihoon flinches as he whips his head up. The waiter throws him a sympathetic look before speaking up.

 

"Did you want to order now or...?"

 

His question trails off but Jihoon knows what he was asking. Jihoon's eyes flicker to the empty chair once more before he turns to answer.

 

Just as Jihoon opens his mouth, a lanky stranger appears and sits on the seat opposite Jihoon. He's tall and handsome with his hair styled coolly. He shoots Jihoon a blinding smile as he speaks.

 

“I'm so sorry for being late love."

 

The stranger then turns to the waiter.

 

"Could you come back in a few minutes? We'll order then."

 

The waiter nods and walks away.

 

Jihoon stares at the handsome stranger, trying to control his shock.

 

The stranger grins at him again before sliding his chair towards Jihoon. He leans in and whispers in Jihoon's ear.

 

"I don't want to sound rude but you got stood up by your date right?"

 

Jihoon can only nod,

Please log in to read the full chapter