Ill-fated

jasmine tea
Please log in to read the full chapter

From the moment Guanlin laid eyes on Jihoon, he knew Jihoon was the one.

 

Big does eyes, dusty pink cheeks and plump lips, Jihoon was as handsome as he was cute.

 

Guanlin was ecstatic. All his life he had been looking forward to meeting his soulmate, his other half, the one who would make him happy. And even though his soulmate tattoo, the last words his soulmate would ever say to him, was shockingly hurtful, Guanlin was still hopeful. Guanlin had always been an optimist.

 

Jihoon, despite his sweet and inviting appearance, was cold and closed off to anything regarding soulmates. He absolutely hated the idea of some higher power deciding who he should be with. It was his life and he wanted to live it and spend it with the person he chose. As such, he wore a thick bracelet around his wrist to cover up the last words his supposed soulmate will say to him.

 

When Guanlin first met Jihoon, the latter was all smiles and friendly greetings. They got along well enough and became good friends. Guanlin refrained from broaching the soulmate topic because he wanted to be close to the other first and he didn't want to scare Jihoon off. Jihoon for his part, made sure to steer clear of any subject that could potentially lead to the thing he hated most.

 

It was two months into their friendship when Guanlin discovered that Jihoon actually had a boyfriend. To say Guanlin was devastated was an understatement. When he asked Jihoon about his soulmate, Guanlin was taken aback by the strong disgust Jihoon expressed. Guanlin was shocked because Jihoon's opinion was so completely different to his own dreams and suddenly his soulmate tattoo sounded far too real and foreboding.

 

But Guanlin doesn't give up. He tries to convince Jihoon that finding your soulmate is a beautiful and amazing thing, that your chosen one will be the one who can understand and relate to you the best. However Jihoon remains fixed on his opinion, instead distancing himself from the younger. Where before Jihoon would be sweet and caring, he was now sharp and snappy. It pains Guanlin to be treated so coldly by his own soulmate but there was nothing he could do change Jihoon's outlook.

 

It goes on like that for weeks until Guanlin hardly sees Jihoon anymore. In the space of just a few months they have gone from complete strangers to close friends to something almost like

Please log in to read the full chapter