wooden roses

Flowers and Coffins

I kind of recylced this fic, so if you ever saw a similar fic on tumblr, this was it! I usually dont do this, but I liked this idea so much i decided to do it anyway. Hopefully you like this concept, too! Enjoy ♥

 



“It’s okay to do this, right?” Tzuyu‘s voice sounds way more pitched than she originally intended. Nayeon notices, too, judging by her grunting. “Magic is simply shades of grey, Chou Tzuyu”, she mumbles, forehead wrinkled from concentration. “Not black and white. You’re not evil for doing this.”

Tzuyu knows that her cool words are a great underestimation - she can see her hands trembling slightly as she lights the white candles, but decides not to comment on it. She doesn’t want to draw Nayeon’s Irritation to her. Not when she holds that power. (Not when she wants her to like her back so desperately.)

The air feels electric. Tzuyu bites her lip and fiddles with the package of salt they used to draw a circle earlier. For protection, Nayeon claims, but Tzuyu doesn’t quite buy it. If the procedure is not dangerous, what would they need guard for?

“Come here”, Nayeon suddenly speaks up and Tzuyu reluctantly walks up to her. Nayeon grabs her arm, pulls Tzuyu down to her and stings into her right ring finger with a (rather dull) knife. Tzuyu hisses and pulls her arm back immediately as she feels her skin burning. “What the hell?”

“Sorry, honey.” Nayeon intertwines her hand with Tzuyu‘s and presses a light kiss on her knuckles. “We need blood for the ritual, and yours works better than mine since you’re a pure-blood witch.” She looks bitter for a second - Tzuyu assumes that the reminder of Nayeon being only a half-blood witch triggered her stern expression. She decides to shut to not pester her further. It is a rather sensitive topic, after all. Not everyone has the luck (or is it actually misfortune?) to be born for magic.

Sometimes Tzuyu wonders whether this is the reason why Nayeon befriended her in the first place. But no, their bond is real - right?

While Tzuyu got lost in her thoughts, Nayeon took her finger and let one, two, three blood drops fall on the dead pigeon - their sacrifice for the demons they’re going to summon, as Nayeon put it. The blood soaks into white feathers, staining it a deep red.

“Besides, you better be glad I treated you this gentle”, Nayeon says, absent minded again now that she’s drawing runes on her legs carefully. They look like monsters from ancient times, the kinds that Tzuyu‘s grandmother used to tell her horryfying stories about. “In former rituals I had to cut myself, see?”, Nayeon pauses to show Tzuyu her arms, covered in scars. Tzuyu shudders at the sight of the dead tissue that’s tightening over Nayeon‘s skin. “Can’t you get rid of them?”

“I could, of course”, Nayeon snorts, eye-rolling because Tzuyu dared to question her skills, “but they remind me to keep track of my goal-”, she quickly corrects herself, “our goal.” Tzuyu can’t help to feel mildly excited at Nayeon considering them a We. She loves being with Nayeon. She would do anything for her.

Even this.

“So, when we’ve accomplished our goal, I’ll get rid of them”, Nayeon concludes. “By then, I will be able to conquer the world with my left pinky finger.” She corrects herself again. “We could, of course.”

Subconsciously, Tzuyu starts to get a bad feeling about this ritual when she hears the groundless greed dripping of Nayeon‘s voice as she talks about world domination. The small voice in her head starts picking on her insecurities. Nayeon only uses you for her plans to everything up. (Possibly ending in horror for the whole world.)

It’s too late to worry now - Nayeon’s eyes reflect the fire that suddenly arises from the ground, fierce and destructive, hungrily searching for them.

 

“Quick, Tzuyu, close your eyes! It’s starting!”