TWO - from: taeyeon

Impulses

Wendy blinked her slightly bloodshot eyes open after her eyelids fell for the hundredth time that morning, her hand on the bridge of her nose, cradling it. In all honesty, she really didn’t want to be there at the moment, a first for the model, eager-to-learn medical student.

However, Wendy, being Wendy, came to her morning classes anyways, ever so responsible. If only she didn't feel like utter crap.

Thankfully, she had people in that class to copy notes from, considering that she had barely even listened to the professor, much less wrote anything down. She looked down at her notebook, the fresh page containing unreadable scrawl on it, the total opposite of the rest of the notebook. With a sigh, she closed it, glancing at her phone for the time. She thanked whatever gods above as she saw she only had about five minutes left, the brunnette eager to go home, take some aspirin, and sleep the rest of the day away while wallowing in a little self pity. All she had to do was get the notes, and then she was set. After a quick look around the lecture hall, she spotted her senior, Taeyeon, diligently writing some notes while adjusting the fake specs settled on her nose. Seungwan was sure the older-sister like figure would be kind enough to help her out, and so she shot her a quick text.

to taeyeon unnie: can you send me a pic of the notes from med today after class?

Seungwan observed as the girl looked up from her notes, glancing down at her phone before turning to look at Wendy, a motherly smile making its way onto the senior's face, which made Wendy's heart melt, as it always did when the older helped her. Wendy had always looked up to Taeyeon after getting to meet her during an internship in a lab over the summer. If she wasn't already so deeply whipped for Bae Joohyun, Wendy knew she would have probably ended up liking Taeyeon in a non-platonic way. But of course, that was never how love worked.

taeyeon unnie: hello again stranger!!

taeyeon unnie: but what happened you look WRECKED

At the last message, Wendy shot a look at the older girl (whom was currently raising a questioning eyebrow towards the junior) before shaking her head and typing up a reply:

to taeyeon unnie: yes I know, but can I get the notes or no?

Taeyeon quickly replied back a yes, telling the younger girl to come get them when class ended instead. Wendy thanked the senior, making a mental note to go hang out with the older soon, as they haven't talked in quite a while. She also considered baking something as thanks, maybe when she didn't feel like bashing her head into a wall and all her problems pertaining a certain raven-haired girl were solved.

Wendy mentally sighed as her thoughts began drifting back towards said girl. After all that happened yesterday night, Wendy didn't know if she could ever look Joohyun in the eye again. Or if the girl would even talk to Wendy after the whole ordeal. Wendy hopes she still would (if Joohyun didn't, Wendy doesn't know what she would do.)

With all the thoughts occupying her mind, Wendy hadn't even noticed the lecturer dismiss them until commotion began around her, the students leaving quickly. The brunnette groggily sat up from her slumped postion before hurrying to shove her stuff into her backpack, ready to leave.

"Seungwan-ah, here." The familiar voice from behind her made Wendy turn around, a grateful smile on her face as she saw Taeyeon holding out a few pieces of paper in one hand, and cradling a mini size bottle of aspirin in the other. With a slight bow, Wendy greeted the girl cheerfully despite her hangover, and began thanking the older profusely, as usual of Son Seungwan.

"Ah, unnie! Thank you so much! I owe you one!" Wendy replied, carefully taking the two items from the older girl's hands, slipping the notes into a folder. Afterwards, she took a couple of aspirins from the bottle before handing it back to Taeyeon, swallowing the pills, then gulping some water from a bottle Taeyeon handed her shortly after. The older watched Seungwan with amused eyes.

"You looked like you needed it." Taeyeon replied, causing Wendy to shake her head bashfully. She slightly bowed in thanks again to the considerate senior, and gathered her stuff, ready to leave. Taeyeon interlocked her arm in Wendy's, the latter raising an eyebrow at the knowing look in the older's eyes.

"So... mind telling me who or what got ace, honor student Son Seungwan looking so hungover on a Thursday morning?" Tayeon questioned teasingly. Wendy groaned at the question. Of course, leave it to the older to about this. Granted, Wendy knew where Taeyeon was coming from, considering Wendy never really gets drunk, as she was always usually the designated friend (along with your local grandma friend, Bae Joohyun)  when Joy, Yeri, and Seulgi dragged them to parties. Shaking her head, Wendy just took another sip from the water bottle as the two began making their way out of the building towards the parking lot.

"C'mon, Wendy, I'm your unnie! Tell me. Something happen? Was there a party?" Taeyeon tugged on the younger's arm, intent on getting an answer. Stubbornly, Wendy shook her head again, mouth still latched onto the water bottle as she took more sips.

"No really, what happened? Tell me otherwise, I'll have to ask my cousin, also known as your best friend~" At this, Wendy frantically shook her head, stopping her walking. A bit of water slid down her chin as she hurriedly put up the water bottle, swallowing the water in instantly. She forgot that Joohyun was related to Taeyeon, and the idea of Taeyeon speaking to Joohyun about her had put Wendy in a panic.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon watched the younger girl sputter with raised eyebrows as everything clicked. You see, the senior knew that Wendy and Joohyun were close, as she had always seen them around campus, at parties, or whenever Taeyeon found herself around her cousin's group of friends. She had her speculations about the two, secretly rooting for her cousin to end up with the kind, angelic girl (who could also bake delicious cakes that were unparalleled) that Taeyeon got the chance to know during an internship. It honestly surprised her when she found out that the two weren't actually dating (thanks to Yeri who spilled everything on them) considering the way they acted like a married old couple every time Taeyeon saw them interact. Her mind flashed back to a memory about a week ago, at a party, where the senior last saw the couple interact. Memories of the night were kinda blurry, but she remembers seeing Joohyun leave quickly sometime before midnight, and Wendy looking like a sad, lost puppy for the rest of the night after. The gears began grinding in Taeyeon's head and it all finally made sense. Something had happened, Taeyeon was sure of it.

"Don't tell me.. does this have something to do with Joohyun?" Taeyeon questioned the sputtering young girl beside her. After garnering no instant reply from Wendy, Taeyeon nodded as if the lack of response confirmed her suspicions. Realizing this, Taeyeon's interest in Wendy's current situation peaked. She has to know now, after all, it does pertain to her younger cousin (and one of her favorite dongsaengs, of course). With that, Taeyeon begins to drag Wendy to the direction of Taeyeon's Mini Cooper in the parking lot, catching the younger brunnette off-guard.

"Wha--?" Wendy questions as Taeyeon brings her to the passenger side before walking around the car to the driver's side and opening the door.

"Get in, I'm taking you to the cafe. You need it." Taeyeon replies before getting in and shutting the door. With a sigh, Wendy followed her unnie's actions.

 


 

Joohyun paced around the small kitchen, slight annoyance and worry visible on the raven-haired girl's face.

It was 12:20.

Seungwan was late.

Well, in actuality, Seungwan didn't even know that Joohyun was waiting for her at the former's own home in the first place.

Still, she was late. And the small brunch consisting of Wendy's favorites (all cooked by Joohyun) was already cold, forgotten on the small dining table in the middle of the 94-liners' shared apartment. Joohyun knew she didn't have the right to really feel annoyed-- it wasn't like the younger girl knew Joohyun had done all of this. But the thing is, Joohyun knew Wendy inside and out, and she knew that the younger went straight home after morning classes to nap the rest of the afternoon away. The morning classes that ended about an hour ago. So it was odd, at least to Joohyun, that Wendy still wasn't home (but despite the annoyance, Joohyun was actually worried about the younger's whereabouts, though she had trouble admitting it to herself). With that thought, the raven-haired girl took her phone out of her back pocket and opened it, typing some quick messages to the other absent inhabitant of the apartment, in hopes that maybe she would know where Wendy was.

to seul: seul!!

where's seungwan?

Glancing at the clock on the kitchen wall, it hit Joohyun that Seulgi was probably still in class. Either way, she knew the girl would probably reply anyways. She would, or Joohyun would end up spamming her for the rest of the afternoon until she received one. After a couple of minutes, Joohyun heard a chime ring out from her phone.

seul: i'm not sure, i'm in class right now

to seul: isn't she out already?

Joohyun wasn't up for small talk, curious about Wendy's whereabouts and slightly (very) worried.

seul: she should be, why? did you two finally make up?

Well, that was Joohyun intended to do this morning, however Wendy hadn't even shown up. She planned to meet the girl when she came back home, and talk to her about the whole ordeal over brunch, of course avoiding the elephant in the room as Joohyun still wasn't sure how to approach that. Or maybe because she was too much of a weenie to do so. And then everything would've gone back to normal, cause Wendy and her would've talked about it. At least, that's how she saw the whole thing happening, best case scenario.

to seul: no. can you ask her where she is?

Seulgi replied a minute later, agreeing to do so while again questioning her about the whole situation. Even the dense girl had noticed the standoff between Wan and her, and Seulgi didn't like it. In the whole history of Joohyun and Wendy, they had never had a problem like this where they had avoided each other for so long, and their whole group of friends found it suspicious. No one knew the whole story behind how it began, which made it even more confusing for their friends to figure out, except maybe Joy, Joohyun pondered, knowing that the reincarnation of Satan was a bit more perceptive compared to Yerim and Seulgi. Unsure what to tell bear-like girl, Joohyun just responded passively, trying to find the answer to her question.

to seul: i'll tell you when we do seul, promise. it'll happen. did you find out where she is?

seu;: yeah, she's at a cafe with taeyeon unnie, i don't know why though

...

Wait-

what.

Joohyun felt an unpleasant feeling in her gut at the younger girl's reply, unsure what to think. Her mind began to fill with... well, not very nice thoughts.

So Seungwan ditched me for Tae?

I always thought she had something for her, why my own cousin..

What the hell why are they together in the first place??

Pushing away the green monster descending onto her thoughts, Joohyun ignored the slight fury she felt as her mind began thinking up of scenarios with Wendy and Taeyeon at the moment. It didn't help that her brain conveniently began bringing up memories of Seungwan voicing her praises towards Taeyeon around Joohyun at that very moment.

"I met your cousin when I interned down at the lab today, Hyun! She's so cool!"

"Taeyeon-sunbaenim and I did some reserach together earlier. Hyun, your cousin is really smart ... unlike you haha-- ow!"

"When I baked you some carrot cake I also brought some to Taeyeon-unnie... she said it was really goo, tell me what you think unnie~"

to seul: wait

what

 

seul: yeah

anyways I gotta go unnie bye~~ you owe me food for this

 

to seul: wait seul

did she say why??

why are they together the hell

 

The less-than-kind thoughts took over Joohyun's mind as she waited a minute, hoping for a reply. Should she go find Wendy? What would she find if she found her anyways? After a good amount of time left alone with her thoughts, (which didn't help, as the uneasy feeling in her gut just grew) Joohyun knew that was the last message she would get from Seulgi until the latter's class ended. And so, she just decided to leave, picking up her cardigan and bag on the counter. A small part of her, the insecure part of Joohyun, breathed a sigh of relief and was glad she wouldn't have to confront the problem today. She feared that it might end up making things worse, and Joohyun didn't ever want that for Wendy and her.

However, the rest of her knew she yearned to talk and see Wendy again, missing her best friend that was usually always at her side. The anger that flowed from Joohyun's unkind thoughts suddenly dissipated at this realization, and Joohyun found herself looking back at the food still on the table. The uneasy feeling settled in her gut was still there, but another feeling, one of emptiness made its way there as well, and the annoyance on Joohyun's face faded into one of hesitance and worry. With a quick glance around the apartment and the photos in the frames on the walls, (most of them contained the group of friends in a variety of places, Joohyun usually standing by a smiling Wendy who more likely than not had an arm around the older girl) Joohyun sighed, before opening the door and exiting the apartment.

 


 

"Oh... wow... that really is a lot. I hope you don't mind telling me all that Wendy, I can tell you don't want to..." Taeyeon trailed off, giving the junior beside her a comforting one-armed hug.

The two were currently sitting beside each other on the floor of Taeyeon's shared apartment with Tiffany Hwang, the younger girl currently finishing off explaining the whole situation between Joohyun and her with a hoarse voice. After driving to the cafe and discovering it had cake that was absolutely disgusting, Wendy insisted that she bake the older a better one as thanks (who could refuse that?) so the two went to Taeyeon's apartment, leading up to where they were now. The sweet smell of red velvet cake baking in the oven filled the apartment as Taeyeon finally got the answer out of Wendy pertaining to the whole situation with the senior's cousin.

"It's fine... it feels better, honestly, not keeping it to myself." Wendy said quietly in reply, her gaze set on something across the room with a far-away look in her eyes. The younger was stuck in her own thoughts, leaving Taeyeon to ponder as well. The two sat in a comfortable silence, Wendy's mind on Joohyun, while Taeyeon's mind was on both of her lovable dongsaengs.

After hearing the story, Taeyeon didn't know how to advise the brunette on this, despite it being her own cousin. One thing was obvious, at least to Taeyeon, though:

Joohyun cared for Wendy. Not in just a strictly platonic way either-- it was apparent to Taeyeon that her little cousin had feelings for Wendy, whether she knew it or not. She guessed it was the latter though, with how Joohyun acted. Coming to that realization, Taeyeon concluded that the only thing she could do to assist was help Joohyun figure out what Taeyeon (and just about everyone else who had looked at the two girls interact even once) had. But the question wasn't what, but how to implement this plan.

"Maybe she just needs a little push, Seungwan." Said girl visibly snapped out of her thoughts, and turned to Taeyeon, a questioning look in her eyes.

"Who?"

Taeyeon internally rolled her eyes. She knew Wendy was extremely intelligent, the same for Joohyun. However, they both were acting very dense and in-denial in this situation that it made the older girl want to face palm.

"Irene. Joohyun. She needs to realize her feelings for you." At this, a blush makes its way to Wendy's face, and she becomes a sputtering mess again.

"No... she's made it clear she doesn't return my feeli--" Wendy murmured before a ding from the oven cut her off. Taeyeon stood up, making her way to the kitchen, drooling at the thought of the cake waiting in the oven.

"I know my cousin well, Wan, and I've seen you guys to know she feels the same. But honestly, both of you are so in denial at the moment, and she's being dense, that sometimes, you gotta... make a move. We have to make her realize it, because I'm betting right now that she's unsure of what to do as well and is in the same boat as you. She's probably just trying to deny what she feels because you've been friends for so long." Taeyeon replied, slipping on oven mitts and opening the oven door.

"Hey, I am not in denial..." Wendy protested, trailing off when she saw the look Taeyeon was giving her. One could see she 100% didn't believe what Wendy said, and in all honesty, Wendy wouldn't have either.

"Okay, fine. What do you suggest?" Wendy huffed, unsure what else to do except just follow her senior's plans in hopes it would fix everything.

Taeyeon hummed, thinking of a plan as she carefully cut a slice of cake from the pan. What would make the patient, timid cousin of hers come to her senses and stop denying? After a few moments, a plan formulated in the senior's head, and she smiled mischievously to herself, making her way to the table with the slice on a plate. Wendy, observing this quietly, just crossed her arms, expressive eyebrows shooting up. After taking a bite from the cake and sighing at the sweet flavor of it, she turned to Wendy, ready to reveal her masterplan. The younger narrowed her eyes, suspicion growing.

"So, Wendy, you and your friends have anything to do tonight? No? Okay, tell them to go to a party tonight, make sure Joohyun comes. You're gonna come with me."

 


 

Hope you liked it, please comment what you think. The final part will be the longest, as it will involve everything. sorry for such a long wait, I promised it a while ago but I came down with a fever and then suddenly teachers decided to stack projects on me prior to spring break. I'm all well now, and on break so the next, final part, will come soon since I don't have to do anything all week. Yay~

Thank you for all the comments and support, please review again and comment what you think, as I always love seeing notifications for that.

If you'd like to read the text au, it's available on my twitter here: https://twitter.com/rv_atlas/status/973193081389543430

Feel free to PM me there if you'd like to talk about the story or anything. :)