THREE - from: joohyun

Impulses

Draped across her sofa, Joohyun stared at the TV half-interested, her fingers fiddling with the remote. After a good minute or so of flipping through numerous channels, the black-haired girl decided to put down the remote, and instead, go through her phone.

No, Joohyun was totally not moping around over her failed attempt to talk to Wendy earlier that day. Absolutely not.

Joohyun shuffled the blanket around, opening up Instagram to pass the time. A smile came onto her face as she looked through the pictures on her profile, most of them either views of the skies or her with friends (mostly Seungwan). The smile eventually faded as her current situation came to the forefront of her mind, and she moved on to her feed. She scrolled through leisurely, before stopping short on a certain post by her cousin.

taeyeon_ss: THANK YOU!! @sonwendy

The picture showed a beautiful (and quite delicious looking) red velvet cake, so beautiful that Joohyun knew only Seungwan could bake it.

When did Seungwan bake Taeyeon a cake? And why didn't Joohyun get any as usual?

Joohyun decided to investigate this further, reading the numerous comments on the post. Most of them were from Seulgi, Yeri, and Joy, the trio asking Wendy to save them some.

sonwendy: it was no problem unnie :D

taeyeon_ss: @sonwendy such a sweetheart

seulkang: wait!! did you save some at the apartment cause this looks really good and i'm starving

sonwendy: @seulkang i made it at tae-unnie's house so no, sorry seul :( we can eat after the party tonight though, if you want

Joohyun raised a brow at this. Didn't Seulgi tell her that they were at a cafe? What was Wendy doing at Taeyeon's house? And a party? Seungwan would be hungover, what is she thinking going to a party?

The uneasy feeling from earlier returned in full-force as Joohyun continued reading the rest of the comments. Sooyoung and Yerim joined in on the conversation as well, all of them talking about a party, and what-not. Despite her curiosity, Joohyun, of course, still wouldn't confront Seungwan and ask what it all meant.

So instead, Joohyun texted Seulgi.

to seul: "yeah, she's at a cafe with taeyeon-unnie"

It didn't take long for the bear to respond.

seul: i didn't know, really unnie!!

that was what she texted me

she didn't even save us cake

Leave it to Kang Seulgi to worry about cake in this situation.

to seul: i don't know whether to be mad or suspicious. i was trying to talk to her this morning, that's why i asked

I even cooked brunch for us, but no, she went off with Taeyeon instead

Irene felt herself grow even more irritated. The reason why, she still could not exactly pinpoint, though she really did try to.

Why did it bother her so much? Seungwan is free to be with whoever she wants.

But you want her with you. You care for her. You're selfish, you want her for yourself.

seul: oh so that's who cooked it? I thought seungwan came home and cooked it. It was delicious

to seul: wait, has seungwan not even been home all afternoon???

Seulgi went on to reply that no, Wendy hadn't been home at all. Joohyun's insecurities began to peck at her, thoughts of Taeyeon and Wendy spending most of the day with each other creeping into her mind. Her great old cousin, Taeyeon, also a medical major and more alike to Wendy than Joohyun was. The two could relate on many things that Joohyun and Seungwan didn't, even if Joohyun knew Wendy longer.

Seulgi also spoke about the aforementioned party that Seulgi, as well as Seungwan planned to go, and Joohyun's worry spiked even more. She knew Wendy better than anyone; the Canadian barely takes care of herself, always opting to put others first. So Wendy, undoubtedly, would still be hungover right now. And instead of going home and resting, Wendy had been baking. With Taeyeon-unnie.

Not to mention, Joohyun had no idea where Seungwan was at the moment, neither did Seulgi.

(Well, Joohyun had a pretty good idea but just thinking about it made the unpleasant feeling come back.)

seul: join us unnie!!! it starts at 9

Joohyun balked at the thought of going to a party tonight, wanting nothing but to just lie around and relax like most evenings.

And then she thinks of Seungwan...

And all that recently occured...

to seul: fine. i'm coming, but when we find wan, we go.

seul: okay.. we'll be there in about an hour to go i guess

Joohyun sighed, a slight pout on her face. With that, she tossed her phone onto a cushion and strode off to get ready.

 


 

"What... unnie, what are you doing?" Wendy eyed Taeyeon who was currently looking at her with narrowed eyes and her head tilted.

"Pose." Taeyeon simply replied, whisking Wendy's phone out of nowhere.

"Wait, wha.. how..." Wendy trailed off when the older grabbed her hand, dragging a finger onto Seungwan's cheek to make it seem like she was poking her cheek as a pose. After that, Taeyeon brought a hand up to Wendy's bangs, arranging her hair. All Seungwan could do was sit awkwardly, unsure about what Taeyeon had planned.

"Pucker up your lips. Just a tad bit, and kinda smile." Taeyeon took her hand away and backed up in the passenger seat, holding the phone out in front of her face to take a picture. Wendy didn't question it, simply just surrendering and going with the flow, posing still for a picture. After a few snapshot sounds were heard, Taeyeon returned to sit normally, her focus on the phone in front of her. Wendy just stared at her senior oddly for a second, before turning her attention back to the traffic around them when a car honk blared from somewhere nearby. The car stayed quiet for a moment as Taeyeon tapped along on Wendy's phone.

Usually, the younger girl would be asking a million questions, but at this point, Seungwan had given up and just gave in to following Taeyeon's "plan". A plan, which, Wendy stil had no clue at what it would do. All Taeyeon had told her was that they would be going to a party (the one Wendy was driving to now) and gave her a specific set of clothes to wear. So here she was, driving Taeyeon's car wearing tight, high-waisted skinny jeans (Taeyeon might as well should have painted some pants on), a black top, heels (that are kind of uncomfortable if Wendy was honest), and to top it all off, Taeyeon's trademark gray cardigan. All very unlike Son Seungwan. But if Wendy thought about what all she had done recently, everything was very unlike her at the moment.

"Done!" Taeyeon sang happily as she put Wendy's phone back on the dash, looking very satisifed with herself. At this, Wendy raised a brow. After finding a spot to park down the street from the house, Wendy finally went to go check what her conniving senior had done.

Looking through her camera roll, Wendy spotted the pictures of herself that Taeyeon just took. Though Wendy had no clue what this was all for, she mentally applauded her senior for helping her look good tonight as she scrolled through the pictures. A notification from her Instagram popped up as she did this, and Wendy tapped it curiously.

sonwendy: date for the night

pc and posted by: @taeyeon_ss ! ! 

Ah, so this is what she did.

Wendy simply shook her head, commenting on her own post while tagging Taeyeon (even if the senior was literally right beside her on her own phone).

sonwendy: why did you post this?? @taeyeon_ss

A notification bell dinged from Taeyeon's phone beside her. Taeyeon smirked at Wendy before typing out something quickly, then grabbing her purse and exiting the car. Wendy felt her phone vibrate in her hand a quick second later.

taeyeon_ss: reasons, trust me ;) @sonwendy

Wendy jolted in her seat when her car door was opened by Taeyeon, the same satisfied smirk from earlier still present on her face.

"Come on Seungwan, let's go wait for my dear cousin." The senior casted a hand out to her junior. Wendy sighed before grabbing it hesitantly, proceeding to get out. She could hear the loud music and hollers coming from the direction of the house, the racket getting louder as she got closer. Taeyeon walked beside her, arms linked with Wendy's. The dull throb in Wendy's cranium intensified as the sounds got louder. She could feel a migraine coming on.

Just trust Taeyeon-unnie. For Joohyun.

 


 

Sooyoung was scared. A rare occurence, but anyone would be if they had to sit next to a moody Joohyun. Everyone in the car stayed kind of quiet, even Yeri and Seulgi (who was driving) who usually were blaring songs at full volume. They were all aware of why Joohyun was exuding this aura, all due to the girl that was missing from the group. Seungwan.

Sighing at both of her unnies' dense ways, Sooyoung scooted towards the window and laid her head on it, whipping out her phone. Streetlights and the city at night whizzed by in the window, as the light from Joy's phone shone on her face. Scrolling through Instagram, Joy stopped short as she saw Wendy's recent post and its comments. Her eyebrows raised and after leaving a quick comment on Instagram, she switched to her texting app hurriedly, tapping on Wendy's name.

to wan: what's all this on insta with you and taeyeon-unnie? spill. there's something on between you and joohyun-unnie as well, i can tell.

It took only a second for Wendy to reply.

wan: it's too much to text. i'll tell you here. seul has a little idea of what happened, but other than that i kept it between joohyun and I

Afterwards, Wendy quickly sent another message explaining the whole Taeyeon situation, and how Taeyeon planned something to help Wendy with Joohyun. Speaking of the Joohyun, Joy discreetly glanced at the tense girl beside her, who was currently ruffling through her purse. Joohyun had this grimace on her face that looked like it would kill on-sight, and so Sooyoung looked away before the older girl could notice.

If the car wasn't so quiet that one could cut the tension in the air with a knife at the moment, Joy would probably be laughing her off at the current situation between Joohyun and Wendy at the moment. Having known the duo since their high school years, Joy knew this moment was a long time coming. Before, neither did anything to make a move... until that fateful night at the party that included a drunk Wendy and stolen kiss. Joy, though slightly tipsy at the time, still remembered the two that night (before Joohyun fled) and thought that they would realize their feelings for one another after that kiss. Of course, it was never that easy between those two, as shown by the recent events, as well as their general history. Maybe, just maybe, the normally timid, calm, and mature Joohyun that Joy had known since middle school would wake up and do something. Secretly, Sooyoung is rooting for Taeyeon, knowing that her cunning senior would have something up her sleeve to finally get to the dense woman beside her. Speaking of which, Joy darted her eyes to Joohyun once again. A surprise awaited her, as Joohyun was looking at something on her phone intently, gripping it to the point where her knuckles were white. The dark aura around her intensified, and Joy quickly looked away as a downright frightening look appeared on Joohyun's face. As it came up in her thoughts again, Joy realized that she had seen that look on the older girl before, years ago.

Park Sooyoung walked through the high school halls, legs making long strides (as it was lunch time and she was hungry). Beside her, Bae Joohyun walked towards the school's cafeteria as well. Words weren't needed between the two long-time friends as they walked along, the buzz from the cafeteria growing louder as they neared the entrance.

It was some time in the middle of their tenth grade year.

The two quickly went through the line, obtaining the food that they wanted, before hurriedly making their way to the usual table, which consisted of herself, Wendy, Seulgi, Joohyun, and Yeri. She could see two figures' backs sitting at the table, assuming them to be Wendy and Seulgi, but as she got closer she noticed it wasn't Seulgi, but instead, some other girl with Wendy. Joy looked to the shorter girl beside her with a questioning look on her face, and apparently Joohyun had noticed as well, as her usually calm face had a slight frown on it. Irene and Joy approached the table and rounded it, sitting down in front of Wendy and the mystery person respectively. Wendy and the mystery person, though previously looking as if they were in a deep conversation, stopped and looked up as the two came around. Joy watched as Wendy's eyes landed on Joohyun, a smile instantly gracing her features (Joy still classified the look the 'Whipped Wan' to this very day).

"Joohyun-unnie, Sooyoung! Hey! Hyunnie, here, I got some of that ice cream you like." Wendy stated, taking a small container out of her bag and placing it on the table. The mystery girl stayed quiet, looking curiously at Sooyoung and Joohyun. Joohyun smiled stiffly at Wendy, nodding.

"Thanks Wan-ah. Anyways, who's this?" Joohyun questioned quickly, getting to the point, and the three looked at the girl mentioned, causing the girl's eyes to widen in surprise.

Joy observed the girl. She looked Korean, but somehow had this different vibe to her that Joy sensed. And they had never seen her around so either she was relatively new, or just didn't talk to many people. The girl's hair was amber, her face small, lips forming a small smile.

"Hi, I'm Park Chaeyoung. I'm an exchange student for the semester." The girl introduced herself shyly, her Korean mostly natural-sounding. Beside her, Wendy smiled at the girl and Joy looked from the girl to Wendy to Joohyun and back again.

"Rose-- I mean Chaeyoung-ah is from Australia, she's in my music class and we're partners for a project together! Isn't that cool?" Wendy had an edge of excitement to her voice, her eyes seeming to sparkle. Joohyun seemed to be caught off-guard at Wendy's expression for a quick second before recovering, casting out a hand and clearing .

"Nice to meet you Chaeyoung-ah, I'm Bae Joohyun, and this is Park Sooyoung. Thanks for helping Wendy on her project." Joohyun motioned to Joy, her voice sounding sickeningly sweet. Joy, noticing this, gave her unnie a slight look before turning to Chaeyoung and grinning, greeting her as well.

"Of course, Wendy's amazing at singing, and its nice to have someone who I can speak English to, since I don't know much Korean past some basic stuff." Chaeyoung replied, laughing at Seungwan who quickly grew flustered at the compliment beside her. Joy noticed Joohyun sporting an irritated face at this, the look only there for a passing moment before returning back to a friendly one.

"Ah, I see..."

"Anyways, unnie, you two go ahead and eat, Rose and I really need to work on this project so don't mind us." Wendy stated as her blush died down, and she waved them off as she returned to what the two were focusing on before Joohyun and Joy came to the table. Chaeyoung smiled at them once more, before mimicking Seungwan, a focused gleam in her eyes returning as she moved her attention back onto a piece of paper in front of Wendy. The two began speaking to each other, and in English from what Joy recognized. She watched for a second before shrugging and picking up some utensils to dig into her lunch.

Busy slurping up the noodles in front of her hungrily, Joy didn't even notice that the older girl beside her hadn't really moved much until Seulgi came to the table and plopped down beside her (which was odd, since Joohyun was just as hungry as the red-haired girl evident from her earlier complaints that day). Basic introductions were given between Rose and Seulgi before the pair went back to their project. Sooyoung was about to return to her food when she felt Seulgi's nudge her side. The bear-like girl looked at her with question in her eyes, and leaned in, whispering.

"Sooyoung... what's wrong with Joohyun-unnie?"

Seulgi's eyes were directed past her, and Joy followed her line of sight. It was quite a rare sight to see, indeed. There Bae Joohyun was, a pout on her lips and a slightly dark aura emitting from her. The older girl held the ice-cream Wendy gave her in her hands, occasionally eating some to make it seem as if she was 'zoned out' if anoyone asked. But Joy, being this close, could see her narrowed eyes trained across the table. Right at the pair of girls currently talking animatedly in English with smiles on their faces. Joy stared for a minute, analyzing the situation. A smirk appeared on her face shortly after, and she turned back to Seulgi, who's attention was on her lunch now.

"Joohyun-unnie is jealous." Joy whispered back.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"...Nevermind."

Sooyoung smiled wistfully at the memory. All she could hope was that her two parent-like friends in their dysfunctional family could finally be put together.

"Well... here we are.." Seulgi stated from up front, and Joy looked out the window to see a large house with a bunch of cars parked around it. Some partygoers loitered in the front of the house, and loud music could be heard filtering through the doors. As Seulgi parked the car, Joy shot off a quick text to Seungwan informing her of Joohyun's current state, as well as news of their arrival. Joy, being a party-person when need-be, smiled at the prospect of the interesting night ahead. She'd have the front seat to her two oblivious friends finally getting together.

This is gonna be good.

 


 

 

"She just got on insta and saw your post and she... looks scary now? Wait, what?" Seungwan read Joy's text aloud for Taeyeon, over the noise of the party. At this news, Taeyeon, who was currently sitting at the side of the house's pool with her feet dipped in the water, popped up.

"So they're here?" Taeyeon questioned simply, pulling out her phone and putting in a number.

"Uh, yeah-- wait why--" Wendy raised an eyebrow and opened to presumably ask more questions, but Taeyeon raised her hand, motioning for Wendy to be quiet. At this, Seungwan zipped her lips quickly, giving Taeyeon a look. The older girl paid no mind, however, as she dialed the number she entered previously, putting the phone up to her ear.

"Bogum, it's time... yep, the kitchen... we should be in there by then, just buy time. Okay, thank you for doing this for me!" Taeyeon said over the phone before promptly hanging up. The older then proceeded to grab Wendy's hand with hers, dragging her off towards the house while dodging the numerous people around the pool.

"Unnie? Wha--" Protests came out of Wendy's mouth yet she still followed, her 5'2 self scurrying along behind Taeyeon, narrowly missing some water that splashed out of the pool as someone jumped in. Taeyeon spun around to her as soon as they got away from all the commotion, right before they entered the mansion-like house.

"Alright, I guess it's time to let you in on it now... just... promise you'll go along with it okay? This took some strategic planning, and is taking up my night I would otherwise spend with Tiff or something. But my dear cousin needs some help opening her eyes, and I'm certain this is going to get to her. So it's worth it." Taeyeon told Wendy. The younger girl nodded, urging her senior to go on.

"Okay... well. If I have learned anything about Joohyun, it would be that she is competitive. You should know that right?"

"Of course. She's my best friend. Sometimes I let her win things on purpose or else she'll be pouty... what does this have to do with it?" Wendy raised a brow, reminiscing all the times spent in arcades, playing games, any event that involved winning basically, with Joohyun. A small smile appeared on her face as she remembered. Taeyeon internally rolled her eyes at the dazed, loving look that appeared in Wendy's eyes. These dorks.

"Because, she also gets extremely jealous because of her competitive ways sometimes. She's good at hiding it most of the time, but not with you. She gets impulsive sometimes too when she feels that way. And with this plan, I'm sure she'll finally face what she really feels for you." Taeyeon answered. Wendy's face reddened at the older's comments, and the dazed look was replaced with a melancholy look, doubt very evident on the younger girl's face.

"Are you sure? Wait, are you serious that she feels same? Please don't joke like this unnie–"

"Yah, Son Seungwan! I'm sure. Don't get all teary on me now. Just listen to me, and go along with it. Try to act naturally, and thank me later by baking another cake." Taeyeon said sharply, trying to snap Wendy out of her worrying thoughts. Before the girl could say another syllable, Taeyeon grabbed her hand and dragged her into the house to commence her plan.

 


 

 

"Joohyun-noona! Seulgi! Sooyoung! Yeri! Nice to see you guys out here!" Joohyun heard her name called by a familiar voice and looked up from the screen with Wendy's contact opened up.

The quartet was just about to enter the house until Park Bogum called out to them. Joohyun's fellow classmate as well as a campus heartthrob jogged over to them, plastic cup raised in greeting.

"What's up? It's a good party. As for you Joohyun-noona, I didn't think this was your type of scene." Bogum grinned. The man was just trying to be friendly, and Joohyun knew that Bogum wasn't meaning to do harm, but being quite annoyed at the moment, Joohyun just forced a smile and shrugged stiffly.

"It's not. I'm only here to get We–"

"Wasted! Joohyun needs to unwind, you'll help her right Bogum-ah? If so, we're gonna just go in, have fun~!" Joy interrupted and spoke quickly, already scurrying off and ushering the other two girls with her. Before Joohyun could even register what she said, they were gone, leaving her alone with Bogum.

"Really? That's a surprise... well, want me to show you around? My friend Chanyeol is hosting this party so I know the house pretty well."

"No... actually, sure. I'm looking for somebody, so lead the way." Joohyun was about to explode, her voice shaking with controlled irritation. She was going to strangle Sooyoung for that. After she found Wendy. Bogum could help her with that. At this, a look appeared on Bogum's face that made it seem like he knew something she didn't, and if Joohyun wasn't so annoyed, she'd ask about it. But right now, she just wanted to find Wendy and talk to her. She still didn't know what to say to Seungwan, but there was something in Joohyun that wanted to go find her.

"Okay then! Let's go in the back way, you won't have to manuever through as much people." Bogum began walking towards the rear of the house where music could be heard blasting, as well as whoops and hollers echoing through the night air.

"So, who are you looking for Joohyun-noona?" Bogum asked simply from in front of her, walking backwards so as to face Joohyun. Joohyun, meanwhile, was looking at her phone, her finger hovering over the send button on a text for Seungwan.

'yah, son seungwan, where are you?? i'm worried.'

"Do you know Son Wendy?" Joohyun asked simply, looking up and stuffing the phone in her back pocket without sending the message.

"Of course. Med major?"

"Yep."

"I think I saw her around somewhere... here we are..." Bogum opened the back gate leading towards the pool crowded with people either dancing, swimming, or just talking. Everything you'd see at the typical party, basically. Joohyun slightly jumped at the loud music that began playing as soon as they got close to the pool.

"Here Joohyun-ah, drink!" She heard Bogum attempt to speak up over the music from beside her, followed by a cup being put into her hand. Not wanting to be rude, she took a gulp to quench her slightly dry mouth. However, she wasn't exactly paying attention to what she was drinking since most of her attention was put into scanning the people to see where Wendy was. Only when she felt a bitter, burning sensation run down was when she actually looked at what was in her cup. Her nose scrunched up at the taste as she turned to Bogum who was laughing at something happening on the other side of the pool.

"Bogum-ah, what is this?" The usually quiet girl spoke up, attempting to be heard over the music. Bogum leaned in slightly as to hear her before replying,

"It's good, right? I'm not sure, but Chanyeol only gets the good stuff for his parties! You good?"

Joohyun gulped. The girl barely drank for one reason: when she was drunk, she was drunk. Even when tipsy, Joohyun was told she acted weird; like the filter went off. And in order to prevent herself from making a fool of herself, she tended to avoid drinking, at least when she's not around her close friends.

"Y-Yeah..."

"Alright then, let's go find Wendy yeah? She was around here the last time I saw her, but she could've gone upstairs as well, I'm not sure." Bogum replied, straightening up to get off the patio chair he was leaning on previously.

"Okay, let's make it quick then... this shouldn't take too long right?" Joohyun asked, hoping it'd be quick so if the alchohol was strong, she would be gone before a tipsy Joohyun could act like an idiot.

"No, I don't think so!"

 


 

 

It's been about 30 minutes since Joohyun arrived, and she still hasn't found Wendy. The house was huge, but one would think it wouldn't take that long to find someone.

Incorrect.

It tired her out to maneuver and run around trying to get through the throngs of people drinking and dancing inside the house, and Joohyun felt herself getting tipsy and airheaded as she did so. And Bogum wasn't as big of a help as she thought he would be. The man kept suggesting places to look that Wendy wasn't in at all, and she was about ready to ditch him and do it herself if she didn't find Wendy soon.

"Hey, Irene-noona! Let's check the kitchen maybe?" Bogum suggested, almost yelling to be heard over the music. Before Joohyun could reply, a shout was heard across the room.

"Bogum! Yah Park Bogum!" The voice was Chanyeol's, the host of the party, and he was motioning Bogum to come over. Joohyun, being ready to lose the dead weight, spoke up, ushering Bogum in Chanyeol's way.

"Bogum-ah! Go, I'll go look for Wan myself. It'll be fine! Thanks for the help!" Irene gave the boy a soft push, getting rid of him effectively as Bogum nodded before beginning to make his way to Chanyeol through the crowd.

'Or the lack of it. Nice guy, but all his advice was useless.' Joohyun huffed and turned towards the direction of the kitchen.

If she didn't find Wendy there, she would scream. She had searched just about everywhere, and was extremely irritable and not exactly acting like the Joohyun most knew her to be. For once, Joohyun wasn't thinking before she did something, but instead just going with the flow. Her head wasn't exactly in the right state either as the little alchohol that she had was just enough to get her. Anxiety hit her as she got closer to the kitchen entrance, and all her worries about Wendy that have haunted her for the past few days and sleepless nights spontaneously reappeared. How convenient.

Joohyun couldn't clearly identify what these uncomfortable, anxious feelings meant, but she knows she's felt them before. She felt it the year that one foreign exchange student appeared at Wendy and her's high school and captured Wendy's attention. She felt it when she saw girls from other schools flirt with Wendy at their high school games. She felt it when one girl tried to ask Wendy to their school dance right in front of her (a dire mistake) and she rejected the girl for Wendy before the Canadian could even speak. But those feelings weren't as intense as they were now.

Definitely not as intense as they were now, when Joohyun crossed the threshold of the kitchen entrance to see Wendy finally. But instead of relief flooding her senses, it was the feeling, as intense as ever.

Because there Seungwan was, back against a kitchen counter, hands pinned on the surface by Taeyeon who had her lips on Wendy's. Her eyes were wide in shock, seemingly as surprised as Joohyun felt.

"Seungwan!" The same force that drove Joohyun to reject that girl who dared ask Wendy to the dance all those years ago, drove her again to yell out Wendy's name and stalk towards them. At the sound of her voice, Wendy jolted up, pushing Taeyeon away before being grabbed by Joohyun by the hand and then dragged towards the hall in the blink of an eye. Right before she was forcefully taken from the kitchen, she turned her head back and caught a glimpse of Taeyeon smirking and giving her a thumbs up.

 


 

 

Before she could register it all, Wendy suddenly found herself yanked (again- she worried for the state of her arm) sharply into a spare room down the hall with Joohyun on her heels. In a second, her back was against the door she just entered in, and Joohyun was merely inches away, so close that she could feel the older girl's exhales as she caught her breath.

All Wendy could think with Joohyun right there, their noses almost touching, was that Joohyun was beautiful.

Seungwan always knew that Joohyun was beautiful. But right now– right now, with her face slightly red and lips parted, her hair windswept behind her, the warm yellow light emitting from a lamp that lit up the room lightening up her face, and her chest rising and falling in attempt to even her heart rate– she was unbelievably beautiful. And Seungwan acknowledged how lucky she was to know how Joohyun was beautiful both in and out. She acknowledged how blessed she was to be able to know everything about Joohyun– from something as general as her favorite color, to the most obscure things, like the way she could interpret what Joohyun was thinking by just looking into her eyes.

And the way Joohyun looked at her right now, with a soft look in her wide eyes that told of numerous things, and her brows furrowed in thought told Seungwan everything she needed to know. All her doubts faded away, but she wasn't going to make the first move now. She would leave that up to Joohyun.

"Wan...I..." Joohyun exhaled. She didn't think it was possible, but now Joohyun was even closer. She could smell the lavender detergent scent of her clothes, and a faint smell of alchohol on the older's girls lips.

"Hm." A faint hum came from Wendy's mouth, yet she made no attempt to move, keeping her arms at her sides, though they trembled a bit from anticipation. Joohyun's eyes wandered around her face, and Seungwan watched as the wrinkle on her forehead gradually smoothed out.

"Wan." Joohyun said her name so quietly that Seungwan had to strain her ears to hear.

"Hm." Wendy replied simply, still making no attempt to move. Her limbs no longer trembled, and her eyes fluttered closed.

"Wan." She heard.

And just like that, the gray bridge between simply friends and something more was finally crossed after being tread on many times as the space closed between them.

 

 


 

 

So what do you think? Too dramatic? I've been reading The Great Gatsby for a project so I've learned a couple things that I've implemented into my writing. Sorry it took so long, if you keep up with me on Twitter I posted a note about how I would take a short hiatus because I had AP Tests/Finals/Projects to constantly worry about, so that was what was responsible for the gap in posting. I hope this is long enough to make up for it.

Anyways, I will update with an epilogue soon, this is my last week of school! I'll also continue with updates to my wenrene text AUs finally on my Twitter, so if you'd like to take a look at them, here's a link.

https://twitter.com/rv_atlas

Until the next chapter. Feel free to PM me here or on Twitter, preferably, as I check it more often, if you have anything you wanna say.