Fine

Wenyeol One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s been three months, Wendy. You need to go out there and have fun, and like, maybe make out with someone,” Seulgi said, trying her best to get her best friend off her bed.

“I’m just not in the mood right now, Seulgi. I’ll be fine, I promise,” Wendy answered, forcing a smile on her face. 

Three months. Three months since she broke up with her then-boyfriend (and best friend since she entered uni), Park Chanyeol. She was the one who broke it off; she was the one who insisted that they needed to end it. And yes, she was the one still wallowing on her bed, three months later. 

Wendy thought that they needed a break - Chanyeol was going abroad to pursue his dreams, and she still had her senior year of university to finish. They wouldn’t have time for each other, and she thought she would hold Chanyeol back. 

“We’d make it work,” Chanyeol held on to both of her hands, pleading. “It won’t be easy, but we will.”

“Chanyeol, I want you to explore and reach your dreams, and I might hold you back. We’ve spent our lives together for the longest time, and I want you to enjoy it as much as you can,” Wendy bit her bottom lip to keep herself from crying. She didn’t want to break up - no - this was the last thing she wanted, but she thought that this what what they both needed. She thought she was being selfless. 

“Stop making decisions for me, Wendy,” Chanyeol answered. “You don’t know how I feel, nor do you know what I want.”

“Please, Chanyeol. Don’t make it harder than it already is,” Wendy tasted something bitter in , and she realized that she bit her lip so hard her lips started bleeding. 

“Why do you have to do this? I love y—“

“Don’t, Chanyeol. Please,” Wendy forced her hands away from Chanyeol. She walked away from him and didn’t look back. 

Three months later, she knew she made a colossal mistake. Why in the ever living hell did she think that breaking up was a good idea? They were good. They were happy. They made each other better. She was so unsure of her own future, her own career, her looming senior year in university, that she pushed the guy who made her feel secure, who made her feel okay with the unknown. That she regretted her decision was a major understatement. 

But what could she do now? Chanyeol was living his life, chasing his dreams. And for the record - she was happy for him. She really was. But it doesn’t mean she didn’t feel ty. She could’ve been happy with him. 

“Come on now, Wendy, get off the bed. You can’t say no this time. We’re going to the party and that’s the final word,” Irene said as she dragged Wendy off the bed. Irene was their resident assistant who became close to her and her roommates Seulgi, Joy, and Yeri over the years. 

“It’ll be good for you!” Joy added. 

“Yeah, Wendy. There are gonna be some hot dudes around there I think,” Yeri laughed. 

“Yeri!” Seulgi exclaimed, and Irene slapped Yeri’s back playfully. 

“What?! You just told her. It’s been three months! We all know Wendy could get some good D right now,” Yeri shrugged. 

“YERI!” Irene shouted, trying her best not to laugh. 

“And you can’t say no because we’ve already prepared your outfit. You’ll be the hottest girl in the room,” Joy smirked. 

“Guys, you know I love you, but I really don’t need this. I have an exam next week—“ Wendy tried to use her usual excuse, but Seulgi interrupted her.

“No buts. We’re getting you out of this room.”

 

 

Wendy sulked as she sat in one of the car seats. She appreciated her friends, she really did, but she was just not in the mood. She needed to focus, achieve good grades, land a decent job, and get her together. She did look hot, she must admit - but she still thought that this whole party was pointless. 

“Which party are we going to anyway?” Wendy asked. 

“Baekhyun’s,” Joy answered.

“What?! Why didn’t you—“ Wendy was about to rant, but Seulgi interrupted her.

“We knew we wouldn’t have gotten you out if we told you where we were going.”

Baekhyun was in Chanyeol’s circle of closest friends, and Wendy really did not want to deal with any of them. They still said hi to her as she passed through hallways, but they always felt awkward. They probably knew what went down. 

“Pretty sure Chanyeol won’t be there anyway, come on,” Irene added. 

“That wasn’t… Ugh,” Wendy just sank further into her seat. Of course she wouldn’t see Chanyeol there, she just didn’t want to see his close friends because of inevitable questions she didn’t want to answer. Chanyeol was out of the country, doing his thing. Her heart stung a bit at the thought. 

“Come on Wendy. Please promise us we’re going to enjoy tonight,” Yeri shot her some puppy eyes.

“Why are you acting so cute? Fine. I’ll try to have fun,” Wendy caved in and smiled at her friends. She’ll be fine. 

 

 

Wendy did her obligatory hellos to Chanyeol’s friends t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter