birthday

Wenyeol One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol woke up to the blinding light peeking from their room’s blinds. He looked over to the other side of the bed and became disappointed to not see his girlfriend. He heard the shower running — Wendy was probably in a hurry. She had two big projects coming up at work, and she’s been working like a horse the past few weeks. 

He decided to grab his phone from the nightstand and saw the date: November 27. 8:09 a.m. Oh. It was his birthday. His 28th? No, his 27th. 27 on the 27th. Ha. His family usually called him in the morning of his birthday due to the time difference: he moved to the US five years ago for a job, and his family stayed in Korea. His cellphone rang, and he knew who it was. 

“Happy birthday, Chanyeol!” His mom greeted him on FaceTime. Even if he thought his birthday wasn’t that big of a deal, his mom showing him how much food they prepared in Seoul just for his birthday warmed his heart. Strangers or acquaintances greeting him on his birthday kind of made Chanyeol uncomfortable, but it was a different thing altogether with the people he loved. He wished he could be there with his family. Minutes later, his mom said goodbye and wished him well. 

Soon after, Wendy came out of the shower already dressed for work. She was obviously in a hurry — she didn’t even try to blow dry her hair, and she always blow dried her hair. 

“Busy day?” Chanyeol asked, stretching, still comfortable on the bed. 

“I’m gonna be late,” Wendy said as she quickly put some mascara on her lashes. She stood in front of the mirror and groaned. “I look like . This is why I usually don’t stay up that late.”

“You don’t,” Chanyeol said. “And I didn’t hear you complaining last night—“

“Shut it,” Wendy tried to bite back a smile. “I seriously have to run,” she added as she put on her heels. “Later!”

“Wait — aren’t you forgetting something?” Chanyeol smirked. 

Wendy rolled her eyes and went over to the bed and planted a quick kiss on her boyfriend’s lips. “I love you. If you don’t get up now, you’re going to be late, too.” Wendy smiled and rushed to their front door. 

“Huh,” Chanyeol said to himself. She didn’t even greet him. On his birthday. 

Wendy usually prepared stuff for him on his birthday for the past three years, from cooking him breakfast (which she usually didn’t do) to taking him out on some of the best dates (and post-date activities...) he’s ever had. 

He got up and went to their kitchen that had a small dining area nearby, somehow expecting that Wendy left some food she cooked for his birthday.

An empty table greeted him.

He shouldn’t feel disappointed. He loved Wendy, a lot — and they were already at that point where they were talking about marriage and their future together. He’s pretty sure she loved him a lot, too. 

It’s his birthday. And his girlfriend forgot all about it.

Chanyeol sighed and got some cereal from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter