Run (in)to You

Wenyeol One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: gave a running hug to the wrong person at the airport and knocked you to the ground AU

Wendy anxiously waited for her cousin, Jisung, to arrive at the Incheon International Airport. Wendy grew up with Jisung in Canada more than ten years ago, and to say that it’s been a while since she last saw him was an understatement. Jisung was four years younger than her, and Wendy used to tutor him for his academics. They played soccer and golf when they were younger, and they were inseperable — Jisung was her cousin closest to her age, and she always wanted a younger brother. They still talked on the phone from time to time, and she was happy that she would finally see her ‘baby cousin’ (as she ) again, after how many years.

 

Wendy’s mom begged her to go pick Jisung up at the airport (as her mom still lived in Canada), sending her the flight details, but leaving out the thing Wendy most needed: a recent picture of her cousin. They were close years ago, yes, but she had no idea how he looked like now. Yes, they still talked on the phone when Jisung was with her mom, but since Wendy disavowed from social media, she still didn’t know how Jisung looked now. Did his features change? Did he still have bushy eyebrows? Was she still taller than him? (She wished.)

 

Wendy tried contacting her mother regarding Jisung’s picture but to no avail.

 

“I have no idea how to save a picture from Facebok!” complained her mom.

 

“You just press it for a while and you’ll see the save option! Mom!” Wendy answered, frustrated.

 

“I gave him your number anyway, and he looks exactly the same, I swear! Just taller,” her mom insisted.

 

“If I don’t recognize him and he gets lost in the streets of Seoul, it won’t be my fault,” Wendy replied, rubbing her head in worry.

 

“I promise. Oh, and he loves wearing black. And caps. He’ll probably wear a black hoodie. Adidas. He’s only ever wearing black, and Adidas, why Adidas?! It’s so expensive! I keep telling him there are cheaper brands—“

 

“Mom, it’s called fashion. That’s what kids love nowadays. Anyway, I’ll just look for a tall guy in black then. The plane’s just landed; I’m looking at the screen now. Bye, mom. Love you. Will call you later,” Wendy said, trying to hide her frustration from her mom. She always treasured talking to her mother — she only gets to see her twice or thrice a year at most — but boy, was her mother exhausting at times. 

 

Jisung’s plane just landed, which meant Wendy still had time to grab some coffee to calm her nerves. She was excited, no doubt about it. Wendy planned to run up to Jisung, hug him, and ruffle his hair (which Jisung hated, of course). But that didn’t change the fact that she still didn’t know what Jisung looked like now. Wendy was just banking on whatever her mom told her: tall, black hoodie, Adidas. Great. 

 

Wendy’s phone vibrated in her pocket, and she quickly answered the call.

 

“Noona!”

 

“Oh my, Jisung! Are you at the arrivals gate already?” Wendy asked, standing up from her seat at the café, trying to search for Jisung’s face in the crowd of people coming from inside the terminal.

 

“I’m near, I think in around five minutes? I’m just waiting for my luggage.”

 

“Jisung, I’m afraid I won’t be able to recognize you. Mom didn’t even give me a recent picture!” Wendy complained.

 

“Oh, I haven’t changed much. Just taller. If it helps, I’m wearing a black cap, a black hoodie, black pants, and black sneakers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter