Prickly Pear

You're my cup of tea

Chapter 9 : Prickly Pear

.

As soon as the door closed behind him, Jongin felt two arms embrace his waist tightly and a body press against his. Taemin hold him close, burying his face in Jongin's chest with a sigh.

"Hi," came Taemin's muffled voice, and it made Jongin smile from ear to ear.

"Hi there."

He clung back on the slightly smaller form of the man cuddling him, his own heart beating crazily. Jongin lowered his head against Taemin's and dropped a kiss on his blond hair.

"Did you miss me?" he teased gently.

"Yes."

It was honest, eager and it sounded so nice to Jongin's ears.

"Are you annoyed already with how clingy I am?" Taemin asked, rubbing his face on Jongin's shirt.

"Not at all. I'm surprised though. Pleasantly surprised. I had been told that you didn't like people touching you too much."

Taemin laughed and finally straightened his head enough to look at him.

"I thought so. But then you came to me and offered those arms and that face and those wide shoulders and you wrecked all the things I believed in."

Jongin grinned. He brushed his nose against Taemin's, and kissed him. His hands found their way to Taemin's soft cheeks and he cupped his face as their slow, lazy kiss became more ardent. Those plushy lips were driving Jongin crazy; everything about kissing Taemin was setting fire to his veins. It was addictive.

Two small hands left his back to grip at the sides of his shirt, and Taemin pulled away just enough to chuckle against his cheek.

"We should stop before I lose my mind over your kisses," Taemin joked quietly.

"It doesn't sound like a bad outcome to me."

"I should at least let you put your shoes off. And feed you a bit. And I promised to watch your favorite movie, which isn't going to happen if you continue to kiss me like that, I assure you."

Jongin was about to retort that he didn't care about any of those things at the moment, but Taemin smoothly moved away from him. And Jongin tried to be reasonable. For now.

As he took off his shoes, Taemin started to show him his apartment. It was as small as he had hinted two days ago. The entrance led to two doors, one was a bathroom, the other was a rectangular room which happened to be the kitchen, the living room and Taemin's bedroom all in one. There were a few posters and pictures on the walls, pillows thrown over the bed, and a few odds and ends arranged in a way that let Jongin think that they were usually a mess and Taemin had tried his best to tidy up before he arrived. There was a strong scent of rice in cooking covering any other perfume that might usually linger. Jongin himself, looking around with interest, before his eyes fell on Taemin, awkwardly standing against the wall, biting his lips.

"It's nice," Jongin said with a smile.

Taemin puckered his lips in a shy pout.

"Thanks. I mean, it's really small-...," Taemin started, his eyes blinking rapidly with unease. "But hmm-... I tried to make it comfortable."

"I think you did a great job."

Taemin seemed to be relieved at that comment and he finally relaxed as Jongin approached the kitchen to peer at whatever dinner was being made there.

"What are you cooking?"

Jongin was smiling brightly and Taemin rubbed one hand on his neck with a sigh.

"I'm making rice. I'm not the greatest cook but I can manage a bit, and omurice is one of the few things I'm actually good at. Please tell me you like eggs."

Jongin giggled as he moved closer, hugging Taemin's side.

"I do, don't worry."

Taemin came closer, resuming what he had been doing before Jongin had knocked on his door. He was about to chop some vegetables when he felt Jongin's fingers brushing gently against his back and he nudged him away.

"I thought I told you already not to distract me when I'm holding a knife."

"Sorry," Jongin sniggered.

"I don't want to screw this up," Taemin continued, nodding his head a few times, more to himself than to Jongin. "I always manage this meal and I'm not gonna survive the humiliation if it turns out horrible today."

Jongin stayed silent next to him, his eyes following Taemin's every move. The very focused expression on his face was lovely.

But Taemin stopped in the middle of cutting some pieces of chicken to glance back at Jongin.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because you're beautiful."

"You're not doing a very good job at not distracting me," Taemin complained.

Jongin leaned closer and pecked his cheek before he moved away, trying to give Taemin some space to focus.

"You know, I'll eat it all even if it tastes horrible."

"Oh damn, you fool. This isn't comforting at all," Taemin laughed. "Also, I don't want you to feel sick. If I do screw up, but I won't, then we'll get some pizzas."

"It just makes me very happy that you're getting into so much troubles for me," Jongin admitted in a gentle tone. "The only persons who ever cooked for me are my parents and Chanyeol."

Taemin turned a bit to take a glimpse at him.

"No previous boyfriend cooked for you?"

Jongin shook his head with a little smile.

"Well then," Taemin coughed with a slight blush. "I really have to make it delicious. I can't crush all those expectations, can I?"

He went back to stare at his pan and busied himself with his pieces of chicken again.

"Does this mean that I can call you my boyfriend out loud?" Jongin inquired softly.

Taemin froze.

"I'm holding a knife, Jongin...," he whined.

"So, can I?"

Taemin bit his lips and let go of his knife to turn around.

"Were you calling me your boyfriend in your head?"

"Maybe," Jongin whispered with a sheepish smile.

"If I say yes, will you let me make you some omurice without further distraction?"

"Maybe," Jongin repeated, this time with mischief sparkling in his eyes.

"I really want to be your boyfriend."

Jongin's whole face brightened up impossibly and Taemin felt his heart swell to take all the space in his chest. Jongin looked like the happiest man in the whole universe, as if Taemin had just given him the thing he wanted the most.

"If you let me kiss you, I promise to stop distracting you."

"Well, if you leave me with no choice...," Taemin said, irony dripping from his tone, and he made a small move of his hand to get Jongin to come closer.

Jongin rushed to him excitedly, and it got Taemin to laugh. His amusement soon died against Jongin's lips and he let himself melt all over again in his arms. There really was something in the way Jongin kissed him that reduced Taemin to a whimpering mess. There was an adoration, a devotion that Taemin couldn't explain. He wasn't sure why he was even feeling that way, what Jongin was doing differently from any other man he ever kissed, but he felt worshiped.

Maybe it was the way Jongin held him so tight and yet so softly, maybe it was the exact position of his arms around him, that made Taemin feel protected. Maybe it was simply because of Jongin's pouty, perfect lips. Or the small gasps Jongin let out whenever their lips parted from a few centimeters, how he chased his mouth because he hadn't had enough and never would.

Taemin suddenly opened his eyes as Jongin was nibbling and his bottom lip, and he pushed him away in a jump.

"My meal!" he cried out, scurrying back to the pan to toss his vegetables.

The distinct smell of something burning had made him come back to his senses, and he grumbled in front of his oven with a pout. He heard a light cackle behind him and threw a towel to Jongin with a huff.

"Damn you and your lips!" Taemin grumbled. "I swear if this is ruined, that was the last kiss you'll get tonight."

Jongin stopped laughing and gave Taemin a sulky look with puckered lips.

"That's unfair, you allowed me to kiss you."

Taemin sighed heavily and forced himself to look at what he was doing and not stare at Jongin.

"And you promised that you'll behave," Taemin retorted. "So, please. It won't be long anymore."

Jongin put his hands in the pockets of his jeans and moved away to go sit on the ground, his back against the bed, facing the television.

"I'm in my corner of good behavior."

"Good. Stay there."

Jongin scrunched his nose and turned to look at Taemin again. For a second, Jongin thought about telling him that he had a very nice , because it was true and because it was all he could see from where he was, but he stayed silent to not get Taemin more upset with him. He wondered if it was alright to stare at Taemin's round behind like that, but they had just decided to be boyfriends. And it surely was okay to look at his boyfriend's perfect .

Jongin grinned at his own thoughts. And he realized he was there, sitting in Taemin's apartment, looking at him all he wanted while the man, who was now his boyfriend, was making him dinner. It was wonderful to punctuate every thought of his by reminding himself that Taemin was his boyfriend. It truly was. After all those months of sighing every time he saw him and dreaming about that exact moment, he couldn't believe all of this was true.

"Jongin?"

"Mhmm?"

Taemin turned around and smiled at him.

"I'm almost done, can you prepare the movie?"

Jongin agreed promptly and got up to fetch the DVD from the bag he had left in the entrance. As he the TV and launched the set-up, Taemin came by with two plates generously filled, that he put down on the small coffee table. It took a few more goings and comings to bring all drinks and side dishes to the table, and when Taemin finally sat next to him, Jongin leaned closer to peck his cheek.

"Thank you for the meal."

"Taste it before thanking me too eagerly," Taemin huffed.

Jongin gave him a silly smile, and obeyed.

"It's really good," he praised, his mouth still full and eyes crinkled.

Taemin shook his head with a laugh, pushing Jongin's face with one hand on his cheek.

"You idiot."

"Ah, let me enjoy my delicious meal now, will you?" Jongin complained playfully. "We should start the movie too. Stop distracting me, I want to watch it."

Taemin looked at him with outraged wide eyes and pinched his ribs, making him jump a bit and laugh.

"Making fun of me now? Aren't you getting cocky!"

Jongin caught both of Taemin's hands in his and leaned closer, grinning as their noses touched.

"I just want to start the movie before you want to kiss me again and can't stop. I'm saying that for you. So you don't miss out on Pirates of the Caribbean."

"Where is all this confidence coming from? Who are you and what have you done to my Jongin?"

Jongin chuckled, his grip on Taemin's wrists loosening as he pecked his nose.

"Maybe you've been a bad influence."

"Or maybe you just get smug at night like a weird Gremlin."

Jongin scrunched his nose and Taemin sticked his tongue out at him. Then he grabbed the remote control and pressed play without looking back.

"Let's start now. Before I prove you right," he mumbled.

Taemin could feel Jongin's piercing eyes on him and he was sure that the man had the most self-satisfied grin possible on his pretty lips. So he stubbornly focused his stare on the screen and did his best to ignore Jongin.

It took a few long minutes for Taemin to remember that he had a plate of food to eat. First he had been too busy keeping his attention away from his boyfriend, then he had been too caught up in the movie playing. It was only when he heard Jongin murmuring some of the dialogs going on and chuckling before something funny even arrived, that he turned back to look at him fondly, and realized the other was already half done with his own plate.

For a second, Taemin truly praised himself, as he finally tasted his meal. Then his mind went back to gold coins and pirates.

"Can we move to the bed? My hurts a bit there," Jongin murmured quietly when they were both finished.

Taemin pressed pause and blinked back at him.

"Mhm? Yes, yes we can, sorry. Do you want anything else to eat?"

Jongin only shook his head and crawled on top of the bed, sitting comfortably. Taemin got up to open the window before he came back snuggling against him.

"Sorry, 'had to open. I don't like to sleep with the smell of food."

"No problem."

They resumed the movie, and Taemin didn't seem to pay attention to the way Jongin put his arm behind his back, pressing him a little bit closer.

"You're comfortable?" Jongin asked quietly.

But Taemin only shushed him with a soft hit on his chest as he cuddled him.

Jongin tried not to laugh as to not disturb him and reported his attention back to the screen.

 

"So. What did you think of it?" Jongin asked as the credits were rolling on the black screen.

Taemin squirmed a bit against him and straightened up, blinking a few times before he started talking.

"It was good! Damn, it was great! I get why it can be your favorite."

A blinding smile bloomed on Jongin's face at that comment.

"There are four more films to the franchise," he immediately said.

Taemin stopped himself from trying to get the remote control back, and turned to look at him with a thoughtful pout. He squinted his eyes, as if in intense debate with himself.

"Are they all as good as this one? Sometimes it gets ty when there are too many movies."

"They're still quite good. Not all as awesome as the first, but they're not an offense to it."

Taemin nodded slowly, assessing the situation for a few more seconds.

"Are you free on Friday night?"

"Yes!" Jongin exclaimed.

He bounced from his sitting position, tackling Taemin back to the bed gently as he cuddled him.

"We could order some chicken then, I'm not gonna cook for you every time."

"Chicken is the way to my heart, I'm not gonna complain."

"I thought I was there already."

Jongin laughed, his face buried in Taemin's neck.

"I'll cook for you too, once," he murmured.

"You better."

Taemin wiggled beneath Jongin, and his hands found their way to the man's hair, tousling it gently.

"So, how about that post-movie make-out session we talked about? I can't believe we actually made it to the end of it."

Jongin leaned on his forearms, his elbows on either side of Taemin's face, and puckered his lips.

"Well, it's not from lack of trying. You didn't seem to notice me that much for the whole two hours."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Taemin whispered with a teasing grin. "Let me make it up to you."

He tumbled them over, sitting on Jongin's lap, and kissed him. Jongin forgot about everything else.

Taemin's hands traveled all over his chest and neck, , grabbing, caressing him over and over through their kiss. Their bodies moved, rolling a bit, and Jongin's face fell in the crook of Taemin's neck. He left a dozen of small kisses there as he made his way back to his lips. Jongin's head was spinning; his mind had too much to process with the scent of Taemin's skin all over him and those heavenly sighs Taemin was letting out.

He tentatively dared to move his fingers from their soft spot on Taemin's lower back, and his hands slowly traveled along his ribs and arms. There was so much of Taemin to explore that he wasn't sure what to do with himself. He felt one of Taemin's hand grip his hair as their kiss became sloppy and Jongin turned them over completely. He plopped down on Taemin, pulling out a sweet moan from him, and came back to assault his lips.

Jongin fondled Taemin's waist and ended up grabbing his thighs. They were small and slim in his hands and his hold tightened a bit. When they parted enough to look at each other, Jongin couldn't help but smile with delight. There was something really rewarding in seeing Taemin's lips being as red as cherries and even more puffed than usual.

"What is it with you?" Taemin whispered with a frustrated pout. "I feel like I could kiss you for hours and still always want more. You're like a curse."

Jongin let out a sneer as he drew nearer, nibbling on Taemin's bottom lip.

"Is it that bad?"

"Yes, it is," Taemin sighed against his lips.

Jongin murmured an apology that died down in a soft moan when Taemin his hair as he kissed him deeper.

He wasn't sure how long they had been at it already; he surely couldn't get tired of making-out with Taemin anyway. But it was getting difficult to even think. Their bodies kept pressing closer to each other and Jongin knew it wasn't enough.

Then Taemin slowly withdrew and after a few more pecks to his red mouth, he straightened up, sitting once again on Jongin's hips. His fingers came to draw circles on Jongin's cheeks as he looked at him with a tender smile. Jongin wanted to beg him to come back down there and kiss him, but he stayed silent.

"That's my limit," Taemin whispered.

"What do you mean?"

Jongin blinked, trying to focus his stare on Taemin's eyes instead of those sinful lips.

"I mean that we should stop. Otherwise I won't want to anymore and letting you go will make me sad."

"Oh."

"Is it okay?"

Taemin seemed concerned, frowning down ont him, and Jongin poked his nose with a smile.

"Yes, it is, don't worry."

Jongin took a long inhale to clear his mind a bit as Taemin moved over, leaving him enough space to sat back.

"I actually have no idea what time it is. I should be careful not to miss the last subway."

"I think you still have time for that."

Taemin smiled to him and pecked his forehead gently before he got up to get the dishes from their long forgotten meal back to the sink.

Leaving Taemin on that night proved to be a lot harder than what Jongin had expected. It involved a lot of late kisses and hugs in the little entry, a few whines coming from him that Friday was definitely an eternity away, and promises from Taemin to text him so much he would grow tired of him in less than a day. When they finally managed to part and Jongin disappeared at the corner of the corridor out of Taemin's apartment, it all fell quiet. Taemin sighed as he closed his door and leaned against it with a pout.

His heart was beating a bit too fast in his chest and he scratched his forehead in slight annoyance.

"Damn Taemin, why do you have to be so needy! What is this! When did we become like that, uh?"

He huffed in frustration at himself and moved away to his bathroom, glaring at his own reflection as he brushed his teeth. The only thought calming his nerves was the fact that Jongin seemed to be craving any closeness with him just as much as he did.

 

They met again on Friday. And then on Sunday. And then on Monday.

Jongin came at Taemin's for their second movie night, bringing fried chicken with him and a beaming grin. They watched the third movie at Jongin's, because Chanyeol had a night out with his girlfriend. That night, Jongin cooked, as he had promised.

They met in cafés too, they met for ice creams, and went to a second-hand bookshop where Jongin made a lot of recommendations to Taemin and they both left with too many books to read.

Chanyeol kept teasing Jongin about that lovesick, silly, goofy smile that never left his lips anymore, but he couldn't care about that at all. Not when his relationship with Taemin was getting more and more wonderful every time he saw him.

Once they had finished all of the Pirates of the Caribbean five movies, they continued their evenings together by watching dramas on TV that were bad enough to not make them want to follow the plot; it was a tacit agreement between them to only choose things they weren't interested in, so they could make out instead.

Or so, Jongin thought it was their implicit little thing until he got a text from Taemin one afternoon, asking him if he was okay to watch a horror movie that night.

"I got a movie I've always wanted to watch! Please! Just this one!! 6v6"

Jongin made a face, sat in the little staff room at work, pondering over it as his fingers played with the rim of his glasses. It was only fair, in a way, that they watched a movie Taemin wanted to see. After all, he did go through all five of Jongin's favorites.

"Is it really scary? What is it about?"

"Aah, it's about ghosts. Please, please, please, pretty please. I promise you'll get to cuddle me if it's scary and I'll protect you from all evil spirits and if it's really too terrible, we can stop it in the middle."

Jongin nibbled on his thumb and sighed as he typed another text that let Taemin know he was okay with it. How could he possibly say no to such suggestions.

Taemin sent him a dozens of heart through their chat, and Jongin spent the rest of his working hours praying that he wouldn't live to regret his decision.

That evening, he knocked on Taemin's door with two pizzas in hands. They hadn't seen each other in four days, which was their ultimate limit by now. And as soon as Jongin entered, Taemin took the pizzas away from him, hurried to bring them to the table in front of his bed before he came back in a rush to throw himself in the man's arms. Jongin giggled as he caught him flying, hugging him close while Taemin was rubbing their cheeks together and leaving a myriad of kisses on his jaw.

"You're impossible, making me miss you like that. I'd like to file a complaint," Taemin muttered.

"You're the one who was too busy the last couple of days," Jongin pouted.

"I'll file that complaint to my boss and pretended friends then."

Taemin smiled brightly at him, and kissed him.

In the past few weeks, Jongin had gone a tiny bit better at that whole thing about kissing Taemin but keeping his heart inside his chest. It was still a roller coaster of happiness and joy, but he managed to let go of him without feeling like he was going to wither from the loss.

When they parted, Jongin went to the small kitchen to get glasses and the jug of iced tea Taemin always left in the fridge.

"What did you make today?"

Taemin raised his head from the pizza he had been slicing and looked over to see what Jongin was talking about.

"Ah, it's the Prickly Pear green tea."

"Will it go well with the pizzas?"

"Probably not," Taemin laughed loudly. "But I don't care, to be honest. You can take some water, if you prefer."

Jongin shrugged and joined him on the ground, putting the dishes on the table.

"So," he tried, tentatively, "what are we watching?"

Taemin glanced at him with a mischievous smile that didn't bode well for Jongin.

"It's called 'The Haunted Mansion'," Taemin said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Jongin's first reaction was to wince. But then he frowned, and blinked, and scratched his cheek.

"It rings a bell, I think I know about this one," he murmured.

"Oh yeah?"

Taemin's tone was playful, as if he was on the verge of bursting into laughter. That's when it hit Jongin.

"Wait a minute, that's a Disney movie!"

He sounded shocked, and Taemin couldn't contain himself anymore. He laughed to his face, clapping his hands like a maniac.

"You pranked me!" Jongin whined.

Taemin retrieved the DVD case from under the table and showed it to Jongin with a giggle.

"Well, it's a movie I've wanted to watch since a long time but never did. And it's a horror movie... for kids. Kind of. I didn't lie."

Jongin hit his shoulder, probably a bit too softly to be effective, and sighed.

"Couldn't you just tell me we were going to watch some funny idiotic movie instead of letting me sweat all afternoon?"

"Aw, I could have, indeed. But did you really think I would ask you to watch a horror movie with me when I know you don't like them? I'm not that evil."

Taemin had the nerves to give him a sad little pout and Jongin wasn't sure if he wanted to kiss him or kick his .

"I don't know," Jongin mumbled. "I thought it was fair for you to ask for a movie you like. For once. I just wanted to make you happy."

Taemin leaned against him to kiss the corner of his lips with another grin.

"You're so sweet."

Jongin grumbled lowly and Taemin kissed him again.

"So, have you watched it already?" Taemin inquired.

"Actually, no. I wanted to."

"Well, then, here we go."

The best thing about 'the Haunted Mansion', in Jongin's opinion, was that it was ridiculously amusing and thus, it made Taemin laugh so much he sometimes had trouble to breath. What didn't help to calm down his hilarity, was every time he witnessed Jongin jump a bit on his seat when a door closed abruptly, or when the creepy butler appeared out of nowhere. And he decided that he would definitely never, ever make him endure any of his favorite horror movies, because that poor boy wouldn't survive any of them.

"Oh for God's sake, don't tell her to take her time! Find the damn key and get the out of here!" Jongin suddenly yelped, making Taemin bounce with surprise.

"What the-..." he laughed. "They don't hear you, you know."

Jongin huffed in frustration, snuggling closer to Taemin as his eyes stayed glued to the screen.

"Why don't they hurry up, oh man! Just get out! Get out! There! More skeletons, I knew it!"

The way Jongin was clawing at his arm and breathing heavily on his shoulder made Taemin's heart go a bit faster. There were skeletons popping up all of a sudden in the TV and he couldn't understand why they made Jongin anxious when the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie alone was ten thousand times scarier than this. Still he could admit there was some intriguing suspense in the scene. It was endearing, even if everything was clearly expected.

"Oh," Taemin whispered, "she's gonna dive into the water. She's gonna do it. Don't do it!"

"But she needs the key," Jongin whined.

"Don't go into the water, you idiot!"

They both hold their breaths without even realizing it, and Jongin jumped again when yet another skeleton suddenly arose from nowhere. Taemin was shaking Jongin's hands in his with gritted teeth.

"We're gonna see her in the water. We're gonna see her in the water. Something's gonna get to her!"

"Shhhh," Jongin hissed. "Don't bring her bad luck."

Jongin tightened his hold on Taemin's arm; Taemin tensed, his toes curving. And he yelled. Which made Jongin scream in turn, and he wasn't even sure why. He turned to Taemin with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

"Why did you yell?" he screeched.

"That ing skeleton's head! I knew it was coming but I got scared," Taemin answered, just as loud.

"What the hell, Lee Taemin! I thought you watched horror movie for breakfast. I almost had a heart attack."

"He attacked me and you were digging your fingers into my arm for dear life and I got taken aback okay!"

Jongin suddenly started laughing and Taemin let out a long breath which turned into chortles.

"I can't believe we're losing our over a damn Disney movie," Jongin smirked.

"Well, those skeletons are well done."

Jongin shook his head and crawled to the table to retrieve the remote control.

"With all of this we missed the movie. Let's go back. Don't get scared again, you chicken."

"Says the guy who screamed not because he was scared but because he heard someone else scream," Taemin retorted with a pinch on Jongin's .

Jongin grinned at him for an answer and came to sat back against the wall, pulling Taemin into his arms.

"There, I'll protect you."

Taemin snorted but stayed silent. He couldn't help the slight laugh escaping his lips when the moment that surprised him earlier played again and Jongin kissed the top of his head.

 

"Will you be able to sleep tonight?" Jongin whispered with a teasing grin.

The movie was over, and Taemin had just shut down the TV before he turned over on Jongin's lap to squeeze his nose.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you? Making fun of me."

"I wouldn't. I'm too shy," Jongin snickered. "I'm only concerned for you, since you seemed really afraid of those skeletons."

Taemin shook his head and slapped one on his fingers to Jongin's forehead.

"I will try to survive the night. You can call me in the morning to make sure I'm still alive."

"I'll do that."

Jongin circled Taemin's waist with his arms, bringing him a bit closer to kiss him, but one index on his lips stopped him.

"Or...," Taemin murmured, and Jongin was captivated by the promising glint in his eyes, "you could stay the night. With me."

Jongin's mouth fell open as his eyes widened. Any will and plan to tease his boyfriend some more had completely disappeared from his mind, and he swallowed hard.

"Could I...?" he repeated hesitantly.

Taemin nodded slowly, a satisfied smile stretching his lips when he noticed the way Jongin's cheeks were blushing.

Until then, they had always gone back home, after a more or less long session of kissing each other breathless. They hadn't even talked about spending a night together. It was another implicit understanding. The idea to stay and wake up on the next day with Taemin in his arms was overwhelming.

"I didn't bring anything...," Jongin heard himself say.

And he frowned a bit. He hadn't meant to resist this at all, even if he didn't have any underwear to change into.

"Well," Taemin said, putting his arms around Jongin's neck, "if you don't really want to stay or if it's important for you to have your own pajamas, I can understand. Otherwise, I can lend you anything that you need. I even have a spare toothbrush. And I volunteer to replace Gomini for the night, whatever his duties are."

Jongin laughed lowly at the mention of his teddy bear and he leaned closer, hiding his face in his boyfriend's neck. Taemin's fingers were gently scraping the back of his head. There was no way he would set one toe out of this apartment before the next day.

"I really want to sleep next to you," Taemin murmured, his lips leaving a few kisses under his ear. "Please."

Jongin raised his head enough to kiss him fully.

"You know, I cuddle Gomini a lot."

"Fantastic."

"Also, I don't really like to wear pajamas."

Taemin stopped chasing his lips to look at him better, and smiled.

"This sounds like the opposite of a problem to me."

Jongin laughed and hugged him closer. It took them a few more pecks before they managed to part, and Taemin went to take care of the dishes as Jongin tried to find back his phone. He texted a message to Chanyeol, letting him know that he wouldn't come back home tonight, which his best friend answered with a non-committed, very short message that left Jongin puzzled.

"Everything's alright?"

"Mhm?"

"You looked worried."

Jongin pouted, leaving his phone behind as he trotted to join Taemin in the very small bathroom. There, he was handed a toothbrush.

"Ah, thanks. It's just Chanyeol. He didn't tease me for staying here so I'm assuming the worst for tomorrow. He's probably restraining himself to unleash everything directly to my face."

Taemin snorted with laughter and coughed, having to spit his toothpaste in the sink to not choke on it.

"I almost feel sorry for you," he mouthed, before going back to brush his teeth.

"It's okay. This is a price I'm willing to pay if I get to cuddle you tomorrow morning."

Taemin stopped his movements to look at him through the mirror. Jongin was giving him a beaming grin before he shoved his toothbrush in his mouth, and Taemin shook his head.

He wasn't sure that he would ever get used to Jongin's sweet honesty and how he could flirt in the cutest possible way.

They decided to go to bed early, mostly because they both knew they weren't about to sleep anyway. Maybe Taemin was just eager to cling to a shirtless Jongin like a leech. He had a small moment of hesitation as he stood in front of his dressers, knowing full well Jongin was somewhere behind him, probably watching him. Taemin bit his lips, sighed, and took his jeans off, quickly changing into his sleeping clothes, which consisted of one large striped shirt and shorts. Then he turned over, and froze on his spot.

Jongin did mention not liking pajamas, and he had been expecting to have the man in boxers, laying next to him under the sheets as they slept. But somehow, anticipating the thing didn't make the sight of Jongin almost , shyly sitting on his bed with his hands over his lap, any easier for his heart. Taemin blinked a few times, feeling his insides twist and melt, and his legs wobble.

Jongin was staring at the ground, his cheeks growing redder as the silence between them stretched impossibly. He could feel Taemin's prying eyes on him, and he was starting to regret every choice he ever made in his life, that led him to that precise moment. He squeezed his eyes shut and cowered a bit on himself, when he heard Taemin turn the lights off.

The room was still illuminated with the soft light of the moon, from the window, and Jongin turned his head in the general direction of Taemin. He couldn't really tell where he was, because he had put his glasses on the little nightstand already.

"Get your pretty under the sheets," Taemin murmured gently. "You looked like you were about to cry."

"Sorry."

Taemin climbed on the bed next to him and they laid on their sides, watching each other from a respectable distance that was so unlike them.

"I'm the one who's sorry for staring at you like that. I was surprised. And awestruck."

"I didn't mean to make it awkward... I don't know. I wasn't sure if I should get under the blanket already," Jongin muttered.

Taemin raised his hand to let his fingers travel softly all over Jongin's face, following his jaw, tracing his neck and collarbone, all the way to his shoulder. He came closer and left a kiss up Jongin's cheekbone.

"I only want to sleep next to you tonight, is that okay?" Taemin asked.

Jongin nodded slowly.

"That's what I want too. And cuddling."

Taemin hummed and snuggled to Jongin's chest, circling his waist with one arm.

"Can I be honest with you?" Taemin whispered.

"Of course."

"I've missed this. I've missed it so much."

Jongin tightened his hold on him, moving to lay on his back and bring Taemin to rest on him.

"What do you mean?"

"Just... you know... being held. All the softness. It's been a while since my last relationship. And it wasn't-... he didn't really do hugs. I thought I didn't want them that much anyway."

Jongin stayed silent, one of his hand Taemin's hair smoothly. They had never talked about their previous relationships. It wasn't exactly a subject Jongin was eager to address; he was a bit shy about the one and only boyfriend he had before Taemin, and he was uncomfortable about hearing of Taemin's exes. Mostly because he wasn't sure how he'd react to that and how his insecurities would make him feel. But at Taemin's words, he couldn't help the surge of tenderness that invaded him.

"You make me feel happy. And lucky," Taemin confessed. "Just you holding me... it makes me happy. So, thank you."

Jongin pinched his lips together to contain the smile that wanted to break his lips. He closed his eyes, his hug narrowing around Taemin.

"I felt a bit stupid for being so sappy," Taemin giggled, "but your heart is beating really fast so I'll just assume it's alright."

"Yes," Jongin laughed. "It's alright. You make me happy too."

"Good. Can you always stay so affectionate with me?"

"I promise."

Taemin sighed happily, his feet playing with Jongin's.

"Jongin?"

"Yeah?"

"You were really hot, almost , sitting on my bed."

Jongin burst out laughing and pushed Taemin away, but the man immediately crawled back on top of him, squeezing his chest.

"Why are you saying this all of a sudden? We were talking about our very romantic and beautiful feelings."

"I just didn't want you to think I wasn't appreciating you, okay. Don't get me wrong, I only want to sleep tonight, but I still think you're smoking hot. You always look so insecure, I don't want you to think for even one second that I don't find you attractive," Taemin whined.

Jongin found himself speechless, and he was glad that they were both laying in the dark and that Taemin couldn't see the redness spreading on his face.

"Thank you," he murmured, for the lack of something better to say.

"Ah, let's talk about something else. It's embarrassing. I'm starting to feel weird from all those secrets I spilled already. Talk to me about something else, please."

"Uh? What should I talk about?"

"Whatever you want."

It took a few minutes for Jongin to order his thoughts enough to stop replaying all those things Taemin had whispered into the dark. He tried to find something innocent and safe to talk about, but he was struggling a bit. Taemin waited patiently, his fingers drawing abstract forms on Jongin's neck as he hummed lowly. And Jongin finally started to tell him about how he wanted to go to New Zealand someday, and everything he planned to do there. Taemin simpered that visiting New Zealand would be nice if Jongin promised to protect him from the bugs, and Jongin swore he would. They made plans and none of them tried to ask if they were serious or not, if Jongin would really let Taemin join this dream of his, if Taemin would really want to go there with him. At some point, Taemin asked if they could do scuba-diving and Jongin didn't answer. Taemin waited for a few seconds before he moved his head and realized Jongin had fallen asleep.

"Good night, Jonginnie," he whispered in a yawn.

.

.

.

Hello everyone,

Here is a new chapter for you. Did you survive the fluff? Are you alright? ♥

Also, we're nearing the end of YMCOT. I had originally planned 9 chapters, but I keep having ideas I want to do, I think I don't want it to end just yet, so... it's gonna be 11 chapters. Two more to go, my dears. I hope you'll look forward to them and continue to enjoy this fic. You're welcome to write me down your wishes and expectations for the last chapters.
I'll try to post as soon as possible, my goal is to not exceed two weeks, but it's a bit difficult to write lately. So please be patient with me. I promise I'm not gonna give up on this fic, so don't worry.

About today's tea, it's a green tea with mango & prickly pear that I found in a teashop in my city. I couldn't find any brand to share with you... but I found it very curious, that “prickly pear”, and it was a good discovery. Lately I really enjoy those soft, light teas that can also be drunk cold.

Have a good day,
See you soon.