Macaron Cassis Violette

You're my cup of tea

Chapter 8 : Macaron Cassis Violette

.

Jongin was sitting on stone stairs in the shade, while Monggu was trotting around him joyfully, going up and down the steps. They were waiting for Taemin, Adam, and Eve. Jongin hadn't been able to stop himself from smiling since he woke up that day, realizing he was about to see Taemin again and spend the whole afternoon with him. They had agreed to meet around 1 pm, so they would have three hours of playing around in the park with their puppies, and Jongin had arrived a bit too early. He had been waiting for 10 minutes already and he was starting to regret putting on his light jeans as the weather was especially warm that day and his legs felt like potatoes in an oven. He should have gone with some shorts.

Monggu kept jumping next to him, while Jongin was lost in thoughts, frowning at his knees. His dog climbed his legs, sniffed at his arm, walked on his feet, and barked. Jongin shook his head and looked at him with a smile, asking him what the matter was. Monggu was turned away from him, wiggling his tail and jiggling further. As he followed his gaze, Jongin found two dogs that looked a little bit familiar. He heard a laugh and rose his head to stare at Taemin, who was slowly making his way to him.

Jongin wondered if a day would come when he would look at Taemin and not feel like air had been knocked out of his lungs all of a sudden. He hoped there wouldn't. The way his heart was racing at the mere sight of Taemin was making him happy.

He felt something brush his ankle, and his eyes fell on Eve, who was sniffing him like his life depended on it.

"Hey there," Jongin said gently to the dog, reaching his hand to pet him.

Eve looked at him, smelled his hand, yelped, and dived closer. In one second of time, Jongin was assaulted by the puppy, who jumped on him and rubbed himself against his chest, making him laugh loudly.

"Against all odds, Eve likes you," Taemin said ironically with a grin.

"I think so," Jongin answered cheekily. "I guess it means you can get attached to me."

Taemin rolled his eyes but said nothing as he squatted down to greet Monggu, who was very busy turning in circles with Adam to smell each other's curiously. In the end, Taemin seemed more interesting to Jongin's poodle than Adam, because he gave up on the dog quite quickly to sniff the human's face.

"Am I accepted too?" Taemin laughed, hugging the poodle loosely as Monggu was trying to climb him.

"Well," Jongin answered. "I actually had a talk with Monggu yesterday, and explained to him that he just had to like you, otherwise we'd be in troubles because I'm very attached already. As you can see, my poodle is no traitor."

Taemin sniggered at that and lowered his head, trying to hide his goofy smile. He reached out with one arm, Eve's fur, the dog still wiggling on Jongin's lap. He stopped his hand on top on Jongin's and hugged his fingers gently.

"Hey," he murmured as a greeting.

Jongin gripped his hand back with a smile.

"Hey."

"Have you been waiting for long?"

"I was a bit early," Jongin admitted with a sheepish smile.

People passed nearby and Taemin let go of Jongin's hand, straightening up and tightening his hold on Adam and Eve's leashes.

"Should we go?"

"Yeah."

Jongin got up and they entered the park together, walking close to each other. Their arms were brushing from time to time and it was enough to get Jongin to smile.

Taemin started to tell him about the moment his mother had brought Adam and Eve to him, and how Eve had apparently put on a bit of weight lately. As they walked under trees and upon small bridges over the river running through the park, they soon shared stories of the worst shenanigans their dogs had ever made. Jongin told Taemin about the terrible toilet paper diet Monggu went on for a while, and the dead mouses brought to him; and Taemin told Jongin everything about the time Adam broke the toilet seat at his parent's place and how Eve destroyed his mother's favorite tea set. The last one had been a true tragedy that his mother still hadn't forgiven, months later.

At some point, they found themselves sitting on grass, facing each other as the three dogs were playing around, chasing butterflies and climbing their two humans. Eve had dropped himself on Jongin's lap and was waiting to get petted, as Taemin tentatively spoke about his parents.

"I'm still close to them, but it's... different," he said quietly. "I came out to them and my brother four years ago, but I think they're still waiting for me to tell them I'm not gay anymore. They were never aggressive to me, they didn't yell or threaten me... which I should be grateful for, I suppose... but I know my mother is still sad over it, like she had lost something you know. My brother was a bit weird about it at first and I think my sister-in-law actually helped a lot. I told you she was great, and I think I owe her one on that, because he's been a lot more open-minded since he's with her."

"I'm sorry," Jongin whispered, "I mean... that you don't feel completely accepted."

Taemin shrugged and gave him a smile, but it wasn't as bright as usual, and it made Jongin frown.

"They're still good parents. I could go back to them for anything at anytime, so I don't complain that much. I think it could have been much worse. And I have really great friends who support me."

He sighed and his eyes left Jongin's face to look at his own feet as he bit his lips.

"It's just-," he continued, "if you don't mind, I'll go meet my mother alone when she'll stop by to pick Adam and Eve."

"Yes, of course," Jongin nodded eagerly.

Taemin's expression relaxed with relief.

"I don't want you to feel left out, but we're just at the beginning together, and-... well, I don't want to pressure you into meeting my mother. And I don't want to ambush her like that either so yeah..."

"Please, you don't have to justify yourself or anything. I really understand."

"Thank you."

Jongin nudged Taemin's knee with his own in a gentle touch.

"We can talk about funnier stuff now," Taemin said with a pout. "I didn't mean to drop the mood."

"You didn't. We can talk about anything and everything you want; and if you need to share some not-so-happy things too, I'll listen to you."

Taemin finally gave him a genuine smile, and the sight made Jongin want to kiss him.

"You're sweet."

Monggu chose that moment to come back to Jongin, and jumped at him, making Eve fall over. The two dogs sniffed at each other before they started to run in circles around Jongin, squeezing his thighs and calves under their paws.

"Hey!" Jongin complained. "Don't play hide-and-seek on me, you two."

As he tried to separate the two dogs, he heard Taemin snicker at his misery. He held Eve in one arm, but the dog kept wiggling, trying to get away, as Jongin attempted to push Monggu on the side. Monggu jumped on him as he tried to get to Eve and Jongin fell over with a huff.

And Taemin burst out laughing.

"I'm positively assaulted and you're laughing at me!"

"I'm so not sorry for you right now."

"You're mean," Jongin whined.

"You're cute," Taemin answered promptly.

Jongin scrunched his nose at that, feeling his cheeks warm up. His heart always missed a beat each and every time Taemin threw a compliment his way.

Monggu and Eve exchanged a few barks at each other before trotting away to the spot behind Taemin's back, where Adam was lazily resting. And Jongin sat up, tousling his hair to try to get the grass out of it. Taemin moved from his seat to squat in front of him as he picked a leaf from the top of his head with another slight giggle.

"Do you want something to drink after that exhausting fight for your life?" he teased with that pretty smile of his. "I could quickly go get us something while you watch over the three little devils."

Jongin blinked and nodded. Taemin's face was very close to his all of a sudden and he forgot how to breathe.

"What do you want?" Taemin asked.

It took Jongin a few seconds to connect the dots and get that Taemin was asking him what he wanted to drink.

"Anything cold."

Taemin laughed again.

"Okay, I'll be right back. Don't let them boss you around."

Taemin got up and winked at him before he went away to a little booth selling drinks and snacks. Jongin sighed deeply and turned to the dogs rolling on the grass.

"I really want to kiss him," he grumbled with a frown.

He crawled his way to the dogs and stopped in front of Adam. The puppy yelped and turned his snout to him with such a gloomy look that Jongin swallowed hard.

"You do look intimating, you know?" Jongin sighed. "But you're still very adorable. And I'm a human who loves dogs. Can we be friends, please? Can you like me just a tiny bit?"

He held out his hand tentatively for Adam to smell, but the puppy ignored him altogether, and Jongin frowned.

"Come on Adam," he whispered. "I just want to love you."

Adam sighed as he closed his eyes, moving his head to the sun again. Jongin clicked his tongue and his fur very softly. When the dog made no move to dodge or bite him, he tried to scratch his head.

"There," Jongin smiled. "Good boy."

Adam wiggled under his hand and let out another tiny sigh before he got up and moved away. Jongin watched him plop back on the ground a few centimeters away from him, and he couldn't help the sad pout on his face.

"But we were making some progress...," he whined.

"That's what he likes to make you think," came Taemin's teasing voice.

Jongin's eyes widened a bit and he turned around to be met with a can of iced tea extended his way. He grabbed it and Taemin sat back next to him, playfully nudging his arm.

"Thanks," Jongin murmured.

"Why are you sulking?"

Jongin bit his bottom lip and stole a glance at the rude little ball of fluff neglecting him.

"I think your dog dislikes me."

"You think?" Taemin laughed.

Jongin let out an annoyed little sound and his pout deepened.

"Ah, don't be so surprised, I told you he was difficult," Taemin sing-songed.

"But it's the first time a dog doesn't like me. I'm bad with human beings, but usually dogs love me. I feel rejected."

As if on cue to make things worse, Adam suddenly got up and made his way to Taemin to sit next to him with a hint of cockiness. Taemin snickered at that and poked at his puppy's snout with a fond smile.

"I know he seems like a handle," Taemin said softly, "but he only needs time. If you're patient, he'll grow to like you."

Jongin's little sullen look instantly disappeared as he watched the very gentle bond between Taemin and his precious puppy.

"He really has a strong personality," Taemin continued, "so he seems kind of arrogant. The truth is, he just likes to do things his way. Sometimes it's a bother, but he can also be a real sweetheart. He's the best with Eve. I've got him for over a year now, and he still doesn't really come to be petted. But sometimes he asks to play around, or he'll come next to me like this and pet me with his paw and I think it's just his way of showing he likes me."

Taemin straightened up to smile at Jongin and blinked a few times with surprise when he noticed the tenderness with which the man was looking back at him.

"Anyway, just be patient and don't push him, okay? He'll definitely come to you."

"Okay," Jongin answered with a nod.

"Besides, he might not adore you yet, but I do."

Jongin choked on his drink and coughed, small droplets of iced tea landing on his hand and shirt. Taemin was looking at him with that evil, mischievous smile of his again. Before Jongin could recover all his respiratory functions, his crush assassinated him a bit more.

"Jongin-ah, I really want a movie night with you. Will you still come to my place and show me your favorite movie, even if Adam is being uncooperative?"

Jongin's jaw fell open and he nodded absentmindedly. His mind was screaming, both at the prospect of going to Taemin's place to watch a movie for real, and because of how gorgeous Taemin was looking right in that moment with that sly grin.

Taemin sneered and closed Jongin's mouth with one finger pushing his chin back up. Then he turned his head away and drank from his can.

Jongin's skin was tingling and his brain had gone haywire. He could feel his cheeks heat up and still he wasn't able to think about anything to answer to Taemin's boldness.

"Are you still with me?" Taemin chuckled.

"I don't know what to say to not make a fool out of myself," Jongin breathed out with a frown.

His answer triggered Taemin's laugh even more.

"You're so adorable without even trying," Taemin sighed.

Jongin hid his eyes behind one of his hand with a smile, and breathed deeply.

"Please don't flirt so much when we're in public. I'm going crazy," he muttered.

"Ah, is it very difficult not to kiss me?" Taemin playfully asked, leaning even closer to Jongin.

"Yes, it is."

Taemin laughed and bumped their shoulders together.

"Then how about an indirect kiss?"

Jongin looked up with a confused pout, and watched Taemin take his can out of his hand to drink from it.

"There you go," Taemin chirped.

Jongin's eyes went from his can, to Taemin's lips, then back to his can, and he whined.

"You're killing me."

"I was only thirsty," Taemin denied with an angelic flutter of his eyelashes.

Jongin sighed loudly, glancing at him with a roll of his eyes.

"You look anything but innocent, I hope you know that."

"No but really," Taemin finally said with another blinding smile, and mischief had finally left his face. "I couldn't choose which tea to get, when I bought them. So I took two different and thought we could share."

He brought his can higher in the air to show Jongin that he did buy two different drinks.

"I thought you wouldn't mind. You got a bit of my tea last time too."

Everything about Taemin was lethal. How he could go from teasing Jongin to the point that he just wanted to jump at him to kiss him, to being so precious that Jongin's heart was melting to a shameful little puddle of goo.

"It's okay", he croaked. "I don't mind."

Taemin looked satisfied, and he extended his mango green tea to him.

"So, wanna try?"

Jongin took it and drank, trying hard not to think back on Taemin's comment about it being an indirect kiss.

"It makes me think," Taemin mused, "we should receive some more seasonal blends soon at the shop. I ordered some white tea with yellow fruits that I think you'll like."

Jongin blinked and tilted his head a bit.

"Did you make an order just for me?"

He had expected Taemin to snort and refute, but the man blushed a bit, looking away.

"Maybe. I saw it in the catalog and I thought of you. I'm sure it will sell well anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem."

For some reason, imagining Taemin working and thinking of him so randomly made the whole world brighter to Jongin's eyes.

"I also have a tea for you," Jongin admitted with a scrunch of his nose.

"You do?" Taemin asked with curiosity.

"We made another swap with Kyungsoo and he sent me a tea from that brand, Dammann. It's a green tea with almond, violets and blackcurrant. I tasted it and-... I don't know, I thought you'd like it a lot. It tastes like biscuits. You really have to try it."

Taemin's eyes were shining with happiness and interest.

"It does sound delightful."

"I have the box at home," Jongin said with a smile.

"Are you trying to lure me inside your house, Kim Jongin?"

It was back. That tempting smile at the corners of Taemin's lips and Jongin realized just what his words must have sounded like. He was about to back away, but stopped himself and squinted his eyes at Taemin's ever flirtatious face.

"Would-... would it work?" he stuttered.

"Mmhm," Taemin pondered. "It might."

Jongin's heart was hammering inside his chest and his throat went dry.

"Then hum-... if you have time... I mean-... if you want to, we could-... we-... we could go to my place, after your mother comes to pick up Adam and Eve."

"And you'll make me a cup of that tea?"

"Yes. I will."

Taemin's fingers gently tapped against the can on his lap as his smile stretched.

"Then yes, I'll come."

"Cool. I mean-... good. Or I don't know. That's-... I'll shut up now," Jongin mumbled.

His heart tried to claw its way up his throat when he felt the slight of Taemin's hand on one of his thigh. It was faint, but there.

"Don't be so nervous," Taemin gently said.

Jongin wanted to protest that he couldn't help it, because he just liked Taemin so much and suddenly inviting him in his house was nerve-wracking. First, because he couldn't remember if his house looked decent enough and if he hadn't left any underwear in the living room. Second, because his house meant intimacy and his brain now couldn't stop thinking about the high probability of them kissing once they'll get there.

But Taemin continued to speak in that soft, calming tone.

"I like teasing you because you're so cute when you're flustered, but I don't want you to be this anxious."

"I'm really not used to all of this," Jongin admitted. "I'm a bit scared of screwing something up."

"You won't," Taemin simply answered.

Just like that, Jongin relaxed a bit. He let out a deep breath and offered a shaky smile to Taemin.

That's the moment Monggu chose to make a comeback and wiggle his way to them.

"Should we play some fetch to tire them out a bit and give them a good time?" Taemin smiled tilting his head towards the dogs.

Jongin nodded, and Taemin got up, calling the three dogs to him while clapping his hands together. He squatted on the ground to pick some nice wood sticks and Jongin looked at him, feeling so much warmness towards him that his heart was about to explode. Taemin was gorgeous, and his laugh was the cutest thing Jongin had ever heard; he was running, the three dogs hopping around him and barking in eagerness. As Taemin threw the first stick away, Adam, Eve and Monggu dived to get it and Jongin finally got up to run to that sunshine of a man.

 

It turned out that Eve was impossible to tire out. Monggu, much like his owner, eventually got sleepy and trotted to Taemin to be held as he continued to watch Adam and Eve run after every single stick Jongin was throwing at them, over and over again. Adam was going slower than in the beginning, but Eve was the exact same ball of energy as forty minutes ago.

Taemin ultimately put Monggu back on the ground, much to the dog's dismay if his little yelp was any indication, and made his way to Jongin.

"Jongin, it's time already," he called out.

Adam and Eve must have sensed that Taemin was about to stop their fun, because they barked and ran faster around Jongin with demanding eyes that broke the man's heart. Jongin squatted to the ground and Eve pawed at his knees, his cheek.

"Oh," Jongin sighed. "I'm gonna miss you too, buddy."

Taemin stayed silent as he watched the two of them cuddle and say goodbye, but his heart was swelling at the sight. He kneeled to get his leash back on Adam's collar, and turned to Jongin and Eve.

"I have to meet my mother at the East entrance. She'll probably want to talk a little, but I'll try to make it short and come back to you quickly."

"It's okay, you can take some time to talk to your mother," Jongin smiled.

Taemin pouted and put his leash to Eve too.

"I'll just try to be back soon," he insisted.

Jongin nodded and picked Monggu in his arms to not make it more difficult for Taemin to take his dogs away.

"I'll wait for you here."

"Okay."

Jongin sat back on the ground, still holding Monggu close to him as he watched Taemin go away, Adam walking close to him while Eve kept looking back at them curiously. When they finally turned and went out of view, Jongin loosened his hold on his dog, but Monggu stayed right there, cuddling his chest.

"So," Jongin asked with a smile. "What do you think of him?"

Moongu didn't move and Jongin came to scratch his head, making him breathe loudly.

"Don't try to pretend. I know you like him too."

Monggu huffed and Jongin bent to hide his face in his dog's fur.

"I like him so much," he whispered.

 

It took twenty minutes for Taemin to come back, and Jongin had been trying his best to not get worried and busy himself by playing some more with his tired poodle. When Taemin finally appeared further away, Jongin got up, dusting his clothes to get rid of any grass, and smiled at him.

"Sorry for making you wait that long," Taemin winced at soon as they were close enough to talk.

"Don't worry about it."

Taemin smiled at him, but it didn't quite reach his eyes, and Jongin frowned.

"Are you alright?"

Taemin sighed and rubbed his hands on his face with a nod.

"Yeah, sorry I'm just-... I'm always sad when I have to part with them."

Jongin squeezed his arm lightly to give him some comfort. He wished he could hug him tight, but he figured it would have to wait a bit more.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"Well, a cup of that biscuit-flavored tea you spoke about would be very welcome," Taemin answered with a shaky laugh.

"Let's get going then."

They walked side to side and Taemin shifted closer, just enough for their arms to brush against each other again. The way to Jongin's shared apartment with Chanyeol wasn't that long, but Monggu had been playing so actively all afternoon that Taemin ended up carrying him half the way. Jongin let him do when he realized that holding his poodle wasn't a bother, but instead seemed to help bring Taemin's smile back.

When they arrived in front of his building, Jongin started to feel nervous again, and he forced himself into deep breaths.

"I hope the flat isn't too much of a mess," he whispered as they entered the elevator. "I'm sorry, I invited you all of a sudden and I can't remember if it's decent in there or not."

"You want me to wait for a minute outside, so you can check beforehand?" Taemin proposed.

"You wouldn't mind?"

"Not at all."

Jongin thanked him in a low whisper and as they stopped in front of a door, Taemin put Monggu back on the ground and took two steps to the side with a grin.

"Let me know when I can come in."

Jongin nodded eagerly and opened the door. Monggu immediately dived in and huffed around, turning in circles before he hopped on his little basket next to the couch with a sigh. Meanwhile Jongin promptly took his shoes off and inspected the living room in a hurry; he rushed to the kitchen, making sure everything was in order, and couldn't help but smile when he realized Chanyeol had actually cleaned the dishes before going away for his afternoon of video games with Baekhyun. Everything was alright. The floor was clean and there was no shameful sock or dirty plate laying around. He hurried back to the entrance and popped his head in the corridor.

"You can come in."

Taemin looked up from his phone and followed him with a smile. He left his shoes next to Jongin's and entered the living room, his mouth opening in surprise. He turned around, looking at the nice and cosy place that Chanyeol and Jongin had accommodated.

"So hum... this is the living room," Jongin said with an awkward smile, before moving around. "Here is the kitchen."

Taemin came after him, looking at everything with round eyes.

"It's so big," he whispered.

"Yeah," Jongin answered with a shy pout. "We're quite comfortable in there."

"I mean, I think my whole apartment could just be put in your living room."

Jongin bit his lips, unsure of what to answer to that, but Taemin's face suddenly brightened up.

"I see your little tea shelf."

"Ah, yes, should I make you a cup of tea now?"

"Can I finish the tour first?" Taemin asked slyly. "I'm kind of curious about your bedroom."

"Oh, yeah, of course."

Taemin gave him a cheeky grin and continued to follow him around as Jongin entered the narrow hallway leading to the three last rooms.

"So here is the bathroom, and toilet if you need," he said, pointing to the right. "And down there is Chanyeol's room."

"Is he home?" Taemin suddenly asked.

"No, he's at a friend's."

Taemin nodded and turned to the very last door, on the left, with sparkling eyes.

"So... may I?"

"Be my guest."

Jongin's room was small, and spotless. Taemin had half-expected a little bit of mess here and there, just like in his own place, but everything was in order. He saw a desk, neatly organized, with a small succulent on the side, and a few shelves on the wall, filled with books. He felt Jongin walk past him and to his bed, and looked curiously as the man tapped against his pillow nervously.

"What's going on?" Taemin asked.

Jongin straightened up and looked at him with pink tinted cheeks. If Taemin hadn't been suspicious at all a few seconds ago, he definitely was now, and so he approached, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Nothing," Jongin squeaked. "I was just making the bed correctly."

"It seemed very correct to me already. What are you hiding?"

"I'm not hiding anything!"

Taemin stopped right in front of him and pleated his eyes at the man.

"You're a liar," he sing-songed. "And a very bad one."

"No," Jongin insisted stubbornly.

"Then, you won't mind if I look behind your pillow, will you?"

"Please, don't," Jongin muttered with a wince.

Taemin chuckled and pressed his index against Jongin's nose.

"Tell me, what is it...? Some dirty underwear? Some magazine? Is it a toy?"

Jongin pouted and rubbed at his neck.

"It isn't vulgar," he defended himself. "It's just... ah please, can you forget about it?"

Taemin bit his bottom lip and Jongin could see the struggle in his eyes, darting from his pillow to him. Like he really wanted to satisfy his curiosity, but he didn't want to push Jongin out of his comfort zone. Finally he pouted.

"I shouldn't push you on your little secrets, right?" Taemin sighed reluctantly. "After all I'm visiting your home already. It's personal. It's okay. You can have your privacy."

Jongin closed his eyes in defeat with a little whine, because Taemin's pout was the one thing he knew he would never be able to resist and all of this was stupid. Taemin's sulky tone was making him weak.

"It's just a plush," he moaned. "I have a teddy bear. Ah, why do you have to be so pretty that I can't say no to you."

When he opened his eyes again, he was met with Taemin's brightest smile and shining eyes.

"A teddy bear?" he asked with the voice of a kid who had just been told Christmas would come early this year.

Jongin let himself fall on his bed as he retrieved his very old brown little plushy bear from under his pillow to show him to Taemin.

"Oh dear," Taemin squeaked, feeling the plush between his fingers as Jongin held it out for him.

He couldn't help the laugh that escaped his lips as he sat next to him.

"Don't laugh," Jongin sulked.

"You keep surprising me, I swear. So you sleep with your teddy bear...?"

"Well, I'm vulnerable when I sleep, okay?" Jongin explained, very seriously. "Someone gotta be there to fight the monsters because I'm a heavy sleeper."

Taemin pressed his two hands against his mouth to hold his laughter in.

"What's his name?" he managed to ask.

Jongin gave him a suspicious look, before he mumbled.

"Gomini. I have him since forever."

Jongin fondly put his plush back against the pillow, at his usual perfect spot, before he managed to gather enough courage to look up at his crush sitting next to him. Taemin was looking back at him with something on his face that Jongin couldn't quite understand, but it made him feel warm and important.

"I know it's pathetic for a grown-up man to sleep with a plush," Jongin started, but Taemin shushed him with a finger against his lips.

"It's not."

"But-..."

"I don't care if you sleep with a plush. I still find you charming in every possible way."

Jongin relaxed a bit next to him and Taemin gave another look around the room before his mouth twisted into a reflexive wince.

"That being said...," he mused aloud, "I have to admit that I thought you would have more books."

Jongin shrugged with a smile.

"I'm not really a materialist. I don't like to own a lot of stuff... So, I buy my books in second-hand stores, then I read them, and give them back. I only keep the important ones that I know I will read over and over and over again."

Taemin got up in a little jump and approached the shelves.

"I can see your 'Iliad'."

"Important ones," Jongin only repeated.

Taemin turned to him, his hands tied together behind his back.

"Can I have that cup of tea now?"

They went back to the kitchen and Jongin took his 'Macaron Cassis Violette' tea box from the shelf to let Taemin smell it. Then he proposed that they eat a little something while drinking that wonderful tea, and Taemin ended up choosing peaches and apples from the fruits basket, while Jongin took the watermelon out from the fridge. As he filled the kettle with water and waited for it to boil, Jongin glanced at the table where Taemin was very busy peeling apples and cutting them in nice quarters, before placing them on display in a large plate.

Taemin was truly focused on his very important task and he was taking great precautions for the fruits pieces to look inviting. The kettle finally stopped and quietness came back to the room as Jongin poured water into the mugs they had chosen. Then he went back to admire Taemin, who was now frowning as he cut through the watermelon.

"I want to kiss you," Jongin confessed.

There was a loud noise as the large knife Taemin had been holding met the wooden board violently, then a squeak, and a curse, and Jongin froze. Taemin turned to him with wide eyes and a scandalized expression.

"Kim Jongin! Are you insane?" Taemin exclaimed in a high pitched tone. "Don't say stuff like that when I have a damn knife in my hands I swear to all that is holy. You know that I'm clumsy, do you want me to lose a finger?"

Jongin bit his lips, struggling between his want to apologize, and the laughters bubbling in his chest.

"I'm sorry," he giggled.

"You don't sound sorry at all," Taemin complained with red cheeks and an angry frown.

He puffed his cheeks and turned back to his watermelon, his eyes nervously blinking.

"Because I do really want to kiss you," Jongin said.

"Please let me keep my fingers and finish this first. Also don't forget the tea or it will get ruined," Taemin mumbled.

Jongin jolted away from the counter he had been leaning on to turn back to the mugs and take the tea bags out of them.

"There. The tea is ready."

He made his way to Taemin with a smile, noticing that the man was following him up from the corner of his eyes. He stopped right behind him, one of his hand ghosting over Taemin's hip as he waited for him to put down his knife.

It was adorable, the way Taemin was acting as if he wasn't aware of what was happening, while his ears and neck kept growing redder.

"Can I hug you?" Jongin whispered when the knife was safely on the table and Taemin was setting down the pieces of watermelon on the plate.

Taemin's hands were trembling. He had been the one teasing Jongin to death for weeks, but now that they actually had privacy and that his crush was slowly making a move on him, he was a mess.

"Yes," he murmured.

He had barely answered that he felt Jongin's arms circling him and holding him tight. Jongin moved closer, pressing his chest against Taemin's back and rested his head in the crook of Taemin's neck. Then he sighed happily, as if he had been waiting for this for an eternity, and Taemin could feel his smile brushing his skin.

Jongin was warm and strong behind him and Taemin couldn't help the shaky intakes of breath he was taking. He tried to reach out for the towel laying on the table, to wipe his hands on it before he relaxed in the embrace.

"I... almost forgot how it felt," Taemin quietly murmured.

"Do you want me to stop?" Jongin asked gently.

He still remembered Taemin saying that he wasn't that much into skinship.

"No, please."

Jongin held him tighter. Taemin raised one of his hand into Jongin's hair, softly caressing his scalp before he squirmed in his arms to face him.

Their eyes met and Taemin was suddenly reminded of the first time he ever saw Jongin. When that lovely boy had entered his tea shop, with his gorgeous looks and shy pout, and how he had stolen Taemin's heart instantly with two stutters of that deep voice of his.

Taemin smiled and Jongin looked at him curiously. But when Taemin came closer, it didn't matter to Jongin anymore why he had that distant, dreamy look on his face.

He closed his eyes before their lips even met. His heart was hammering so wildly in his chest, it was a miracle that he was still standing on his two legs. Taemin settled his hands around Jongin's neck, and kissed him. It was soft, and slow, and Jongin sighed against Taemin's lips as their noses brushed against each other.

Maybe he was silly and too smitten with Taemin, but he felt like their mouths were a perfect match and he wished their kiss would never end. Taemin's plushy lips really were sweet, and Jongin tried to come even closer to his face.

It was too difficult to part and every time they needed air, they couldn't stay away for more than a few seconds before diving back to each other. Jongin's hands were roaming over Taemin's lower back; Taemin was nibbling and kissing and Jongin's lips and it all felt far too good to stop as they pressed their bodies more intimately.

Taemin finally squeezed his thumb against Jongin's mouth as he gasped. Jongin still left a kiss on his finger before he looked at him. They stayed silent for a moment, Taemin's hands falling to rest against Jongin's chest.

Jongin came closer once again, but tilted his head to leave a kiss on the tip of Taemin's nose. Then on his chin. Then on one cheek, and his cheekbone, and Taemin started to laugh.

"What are you doing?" he said with a smile, and his voice cracked up a bit.

Jongin didn't answer, and continued leaving a myriad of kisses on his face, relishing in the way Taemin's smile couldn't stop growing. Then he pecked his lips once more.

"I like you a lot," Jongin whispered.

"I like you a lot too."

"Should we go drink that tea now, before it gets cold...?"

Taemin glanced at the two mugs waiting on the counter and he straightened his head to overcome their height difference.

"I think it can wait just a little bit more," he said.

And he kissed him again. Jongin forgot about the tea, the fruits, and everything that wasn't Taemin and the exquisite taste of his lips.

When they managed to part again, they were giggling, both too infatuated to care about how sappy they were as they waltzed to the living room with their snacks and drinks. They sat on the couch, as close as they could, Taemin tangled his legs with Jongin's and they ate in between light caresses of their limbs and breathtaking kisses.

Jongin's heart had probably tripled size in a few hours, and now that he was sitting on his couch, with Taemin in his arms babbling to him about the last TV show he watched, he felt so happy he couldn't describe it. His hands were lost on Taemin's body, one his calf, the other caressing his hair, and he was both incredibly excited and calm beyond words. Like everything had finally fallen into place and he was right where he belonged.

The light was slowing decreasing in the apartment as the sun was setting down, and if that time, they noticed it, none of them cared. They had finished eating the last pieces of fruits long ago and the dirty dishes were forgotten on the coffee table as they still kissed lazily through their conversation like they had all the time in the world.

They barely registered the muffled sounds coming for the corridor or the door being opened.

"I'm home with chicken," Chanyeol yelled, and he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Jongin and Taemin jumping away from each other on the couch, looking slightly disoriented.

A creepy, wide smile bloomed on Chanyeol's lips and some acute, weird sound left his mouth.

"My, my, my...," he whistled. "I see you two were very busy while I was away. But please, don't stop on my behalf. You may continue each other's face."

Taemin laughed, snuggling closer to Jongin to hide his face against his chest.

"We don't need your authorization, but thanks," Jongin snickered and Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows at him.

For once, Jongin didn't get mad at him for it. Then Chanyeol came closer, extending one hand for Taemin to shake.

"Nice to meet you again, when I'm not undercover," Chanyeol said.

"Yeah," Taemin answered. "I've heard a lot about you since last time."

"Well, I heard a lot about you too, would you believe that. It seems like we have a chatty common friend."

Jongin rolled his eyes and pushed his best friend away when Chanyeol sat next to him.

"Don't start being a nuisance," he grumbled.

"Oh but come on, it's my job as a best friend to spill the tea. Ah! Spill the tea!"

Taemin chuckled behind one hand.

"You could also just be nice," Jongin tried.

"He's really good at embarrassing himself already, he doesn't exactly need you," Taemin said, his teasing grin back full force.

"I know right," Chanyeol barked with a loud laugh.

"Please don't team up against me," Jongin whined.

Taemin circled Jongin's hips loosely with his arms and left a kiss on his cheek.

"We wouldn't dare," he murmured.

Chanyeol coughed as the two men were starting to look at each other like lovesick puppies again, and got up to escape to the kitchen. He was unpacking the small groceries shopping he had done when he heard Jongin calling for him.

"You said there was chicken?"

Chanyeol snickered and answered loudly, still in front of the fridge.

"Yeah, I took some takeouts on my way back. If you behave, there should be enough for three."

Jongin turned to Taemin with a smile.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?"

Taemin opened his mouth, but before he could answer anything, Chanyeol's high-pitched tone resonated once more.

"Would you like to stay forever?"

Jongin closed his eyes with a sigh.

"Chanyeol," he threatened lowly.

Said best friend appeared back at the door leading to the kitchen with wide eyes.

"No, you don't get to be mad at me for this one because it was a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to quote Mulan and you know it."

He vanished back in the kitchen and closed the door behind him, as a signal to Jongin that this time, he would give them some privacy.

"Now I'm imagining the two of you having some Disney movies marathon."

"They are always Chanyeol's idea," Jongin coughed.

"Such a bad liar," Taemin sniggered.

He came closer to kiss Jongin's nose and his cheeks.

"I'll get back home though."

Jongin hold him tight, rubbing his face on Taemin's collarbone with a sigh.

"Okay then. When can I see you again?"

Taemin hummed longly and left a trail of quick kisses on Jongin's scalp and neck.

"Are you free tomorrow night to watch Pirates of the Caribbean?"

A large grin bloomed on Jongin's mouth because Taemin wanted to see him on the next day already and it felt incredibly good. Maybe he wasn't the only one being head over heels.

"I'd really love to but I have an early shift on Tuesday," he answered. "I can come on Tuesday evening instead if that's okay."

"Won't you be too tired if you had to wake up early?" Taemin pouted.

"I can take a nap before meeting you."

"Then Tuesday it is."

They got up from the couch and went back to the entry. Jongin kept distracting Taemin from putting his shoes back by kissing him. It was a bit more urgent and bitter, because suddenly time mattered again.

"I'll come with you to the subway," Jongin whispered against his lips.

"No, please," Taemin huffed.

"Why not?"

Taemin kissed his pouty face and brushed his index on Jongin's offended frown.

"Because it's gonna be crowded again and I want to leave after kissing you. I don't want to say goodbye and not be able to hold you. Does it make sense?"

"Yes it does," Jongin said in a tight little voice.

"Then hold me tight and kiss me a lot before I go."

Jongin was weak to Taemin's commands, and he did just as he was told.

.

.

.

♥ hey

Did you love Adam & Eve? Did you enjoy the fluff overload? I hope you had a good time reading this chapter & that it met all of your expectations ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Today's tea is another treasure from the french brand Dammann Frères. Let me tell you it really tastes like biscuits & it's super duper nice.

I hope you'll continue to look forward to the next chapter.
Have a nice week & take care of yourself.