Chapter 1: Exiled

Mr.Grim Reaper and Ms. Dead

Hi, my name is Jiyeon, Kang Jiyeon. Today, is a big day for me. The day I'll finally graduate from school and free myself from everyone i despise. I have always wanted to get run on by some truck cuz... I hate my life. Simple as that.


As i walking on the street, already in midst of crossing the big street, a loud horn rang on my ears repeatedly before i realise, i was before what seemed to be a truck. My eyes were wide as saucers before tightly closing them. Oh God, I'm dead.


#@$#$@#$$@@#


What the hell was that? I opened one of my eyes trying to figure out what had just happened before fully opening to see that i was safe on the sidewalk. A loud sound of police and ambulances were heard on the right and i snap my head in that direction to see a girl...wearing a way too familiar uniform.
What just happened? Did some girl just saved my life??


"Oye, stand up, Dead girl", someone said behind me. I looked back to see a guy who looked to be around 22. He was wearing a black hoodie, black jeans, and a black mask. Is he some celebretty?? Why is he wearing some black-black when its so hot out here.


"Oye, stop staring and do what i say. You're wasting my time.", he said confusing me. I frowned and pointed a finger to myself meaning to ask if he was talking to me and he rolled his eyes like i annoyed the out of him.


"Yes, Ms.Kang Jiyeon. You", he said making me wide eyed at him confused to who he was and how he knew my name. As far as i know, i never made friends or have any male aquaintance in my whole life. I stood up quickly and looked at him quizically folding my arms in front of my chest.
He made a 'tsk' sound scoffing at my little act before blabbering out something from a black book that made my eyes wide as saucers.


'Kang Jiyeon, Age 19, Died on 13th March, 2017. Road accident.' he said.
"What did you just say?!" I gaped at his words. He rolled his eyes again before pointing out his index behind me. I followed the direction of his finger and watched the girl being pulled in an ambulance but that wasn't what shocked me but the fact that the girl's face was exactly same as me. I quickly look back at him.
"That's you." he simply said. I somehow understand what was going on and quickly hug myself trying to make sure what i think is right.


"Now, cut the act. You're dead. Let's go, I have no time", was all he said before dragging me along with him. I tried to speak up when a gust of wind seemed to embarraced me in a woosh.
*-*-*


I found myself in a place full of white on the above and look down to see the floor, pure black.
"Where the hell am i?", i quickly snapped at my right to see Mr.Black looking right back at me.
"Paradise", was all he said opening that black book again, making me scoff at him. What's with this all black guy?


"Who are you!?", i asked annoyed that he just bring me here without my permission.
"Shut up, dead human." he said annoying me more than i already was. I was going to snap something back when a big beam of light, bright before us letting me close my eyes in an instant.
I opened to see a man who looked to be in his 60's wearing a big white gown, standing before us.


"Can i go get what i want now? My job's done", the all-black-guy asked the man. I turn my head from him to the man infront who shook his head back.
"No. This is not the end of your job yet", he answered in a very calm tone unlike the guy on my right who seemed to have a temper with impatience.
"What?! You told me I'm free once I get her in the right place!!" he yelled echoing in the whole wide white space. What the hell? Is this really what they call a paradise??


"Calm down, Myungsoo. This isn't enough for you to repent your mistakes and you know it. Just because you're my son, I'm not going to give you the royal treatment and let it go. You deserve more than this" he said still so calm amazing me with his words. Myungsoo(?) huffed annoyed. So, this all-black-guy on my right is the son of the all-white-guy infront (?) Ironic.


I straightened up when the man turned to look at me.
"Dear child, you're not supposed to be dead yet but something happened in the heavenly realm today which made you the victim. I sincerely apologise for it.", he said which made my jaws drop.


"What?!" I asked shocked.
"Myungsoo will accept the punishment for the deed he caused and guide you back and repent his mistakes serving you in the realm of mankind for exactly 1 year", he said making not just me but 'Myungsoo' to gape wide at him.


"Father! What do you mean by that? You told me to bring her here and after that you'll give back my powers!" He growled causing me to have goose bumps all over cause he sounded really angry. I gulped seeing the father-son staring session and cough a bit trying to tell them, 'yo, i'm still here'.
"I never told you that, my boy. You decided that by yourself. You always do that and that nature of yours is what i want a change in. What i told you was to bring her to me. The rest, you said it yourself. I'm ashamed of your behaviour infront of all the Gods and the Angels. I'm not allowing you back in the heavenly realm until you finish your mission." he said again still calm. Myungsoo bit his lips seeming to hold back his anger.


"Little girl, I leave him at your hands. Use him all you want in good ways and let him repent his mistakes by workimg for you. I hope to see him back here on exactly a year next year", was all he said smiling before a big wave of wind gust on our way making me feel dizzy and somehow...I think I passed out.
*-*-*-*

 

"Wake up! Wake up, you human. Don't play dead on me. Wake up!"

I heard a voice yelling at me as i fluttered my eyes and woke up with a light dizziness pouring inside my head. I opened my eyes to see a white ceiling. My eyes roamed around to realise that I'm inside a hospital on a hospital bed. What happened? Was that a dream?

I rolled a bit on the side to get a big shock of my life. The guy that i just saw in my dream was glaring down at me with folded arms making tapping sounds as his right foot kept tapping on the floor.

"Finally! Urrghh!! Do you know how many troubles I had gone through to find you? Now get up and stop acting dead!", he yelled at me.

What does this mean? I look down to see me feeling alright as i sat up, no pain nothing even if some white bandages are wrapped around my head and all. It didn't hurt.

"Who're you?", I asked trying to make sure.

"Let's get home first" was all he said before dragging me out of the hospital leaving me totally confused to what had happened to the hospital bill and all.